|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what perspective is The Break-up told?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
2. After the party ends, where do the guests go?
(a) A liquor store.
(b) A club.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A restaurant.
3. Describe the relationship between Tim and Owen.
(a) Longstanding friends.
(b) Friends with a shaky foundation.
(c) Both contendors for Liz's heart.
(d) Former enemies.
4. What is spilled on Lil at the party?
5. What does Tim plan to do?
(a) Get his girlfriend back.
(b) Go back to school.
(c) Meet a new girl.
(d) Buy a home.
6. What is the name of the Lust narrator's first lover?
7. What language are the books that Bill gives the narrator?
8. What does the word "Spark" in the tile refer to?
(a) Lil's mental illness.
(b) Lil's relationship with Duer.
(c) Lil meeting the man at the party.
(d) Lil getting burned.
9. How does Jane feel as the story concludes?
10. What dessert is served at the party Lil attends?
(a) Flaming baked apples.
(b) A decadent white cake with four layers.
(c) Hot apple cider.
(d) Strawberry cheesecake.
11. What convinces Ellen to sleep with Nicholas?
(a) The opulence of his home.
(b) They have many similar interests.
(c) The attention he gives her.
(d) The gifts he gives her.
12. What does Bill claim to have insight into?
(a) The male mind.
(b) The artist's mind.
(c) The female mind.
(d) The librarian's mind.
13. In what condition does Tim arrive at Owen's home?
(d) Bloody and bruised.
14. What does the narrator of Blow write?
(a) Feature stories for a film magazine.
(b) Children's books.
(c) A blog about literature.
(d) News articles.
15. What is Jane almost hit by?
(a) A child on a skateboard.
(b) A subway.
(c) A child on a bike.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harry's last name?
2. What is Ellen's last name?
3. What is the occupation of the narrator of Blow's significant other?
4. Who does Tim warn Owen about?
5. Which word best describes Emma?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)