|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Hara write will come to an end in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
2. What does O'Hara request at the end of "Down at the Canal"?
3. Who is the epigram at the start of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" written by?
4. In "At Kamin's Dance Shop," who is Fanny?
5. What does O'Hara want people to free themselves from in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a prophecy, and how does O'Hara use prophecies in his poetry?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how O'Hara's poetry differs from the poetry of his idols, the Russian and German poets. How has poetry evolved over time?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss O'Hara's relationship with Sally in "Galanta." What is the significance of O'Hara comparing Sally to America?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)