|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does "How to Get There" take place?
2. What is the location of "In Memoir of Sergei O" devoid of according to O'Hara?
3. In "Poem en Forme de Saw," where does O'Hara wonder if he should visit?
4. In what shape is "Poem en Forme de Saw" written?
5. Where does O'Hara argue students should learn about sex in "Ave Maria"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme in "Image of the Buddha Preaching" and another poem of your choice. How does O'Hara present the theme to the reader in each poem? Are these themes seen in other poems in this collection?
Essay Topic 2
Explain O'Hara's defense of the city in the poem ''Song." How does O'Hara use art to convey a message about New York?
Essay Topic 3
How does O'Hara use comparison in "For the Chinese New Year and For Bill Berkson"? What statement does he make about the two places or objects through this comparison?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)