Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Hara want people to free themselves from in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
2. What does O'Hara think about humanity in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
3. Who do politicians lie to in "How to Get There"?
4. Whom does O'Hara stay with in Boston in the poem "Mary Desti's Ass"?
5. What does "Five Poems" list?
Essay Topic 1
Select two poems and compare and contrast the titles of each poem. How do the titles relate to the content of the poem? Do the titles have a significant meaning on their own?
Essay Topic 2
How is Russian culture important to O'Hara, and how is this culture represented in his poetry?
Essay Topic 3
What is visual poetry? Provide an example of visual poetry in O'Hara's collection. How does visual poetry contribute to the writing style of the poem?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)