|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people not care for in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
2. What does O'Hara request at the end of "Down at the Canal"?
3. What does O'Hara want people to free themselves from in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
4. In "At Kamin's Dance Shop," who is Fanny?
5. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what is O'Hara's generation going to do?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how O'Hara's poetry differs from the poetry of his idols, the Russian and German poets. How has poetry evolved over time?
Essay Topic 2
How is Russian culture important to O'Hara, and how is this culture represented in his poetry?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how O'Hara's history as a musician and art critic influences his poetry.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)