|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does O'Hara want to spend the day in "Steps"?
2. O'Hara ponders the point of _____________in "Cornkind."
3. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what is O'Hara's generation going to do?
4. Where is O'Hara in "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
5. What does O'Hara claim will come to an end at the end of ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
Short Essay Questions
1. For whom is "Steps" written? Why does O'Hara want to spend his time with this person?
2. What is the poem "St. Paul and All That" about?
3. What are some of the lies O'Hara discusses in "How to Get There"? How do the lies affect people?
4. Describe two of the cities that O'Hara mentions in "Mary Desti's Ass."
5. What are some of the pleasures O'Hara discusses in "Five Poems"?
6. How does O'Hara explain love at the end of "St. Paul and All That"?
7. What is the poem "Cornkind" about?
8. In the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," where does O'Hara take comfort?
9. What does O'Hara request at the end of "Down at the Canal"?
10. What is O'Hara trying to understand in "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the theme of the poem "Cornkind"? Explain how O'Hara demonstrates this theme in his poem.
Essay Topic 2
Select two poems and compare and contrast the titles of each poem. How do the titles relate to the content of the poem? Do the titles have a significant meaning on their own?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the order of O'Hara's poetry and why he chooses to order them the way he does. How does the order of the poems present yet another way to analyze the poems?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)