|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Hara claim will come to an end at the end of ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
2. What do people not care for in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
3. What does O'Hara request at the end of "Down at the Canal"?
4. What animal does O'Hara imagine talking in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
5. To whom is "Down at the Canal" addressed?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss O'Hara's relationship with New York city. Choose two poems that convey different emotions about New York. How does O'Hara use words and imagery to convey that relationship?
Essay Topic 2
What is the theme of the poem "Cornkind"? Explain how O'Hara demonstrates this theme in his poem.
Essay Topic 3
How is Russian culture important to O'Hara, and how is this culture represented in his poetry?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)