Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Hara want people to free themselves from in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
2. What does O'Hara think about humanity in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
3. Who do politicians lie to in "How to Get There"?
4. Whom does O'Hara stay with in Boston in the poem "Mary Desti's Ass"?
5. What does "Five Poems" list?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme in "Image of the Buddha Preaching" and another poem of your choice. How does O'Hara present the theme to the reader in each poem? Are these themes seen in other poems in this collection?
Essay Topic 2
What is the theme of the poem "Cornkind"? Explain how O'Hara demonstrates this theme in his poem.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how O'Hara uses sexuality and sensuality in his poems. Provide three examples of how he uses sexuality or sensuality to create the experience in his poem.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)