Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Hara want people to free themselves from in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
2. What does O'Hara think about humanity in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
3. Who do politicians lie to in "How to Get There"?
4. Whom does O'Hara stay with in Boston in the poem "Mary Desti's Ass"?
5. What does "Five Poems" list?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how O'Hara uses setting in the poem "Alma" and in another poem of your choice. How are his descriptive terms different and similar in each poem?
Essay Topic 2
Explain O'Hara's defense of the city in the poem ''Song." How does O'Hara use art to convey a message about New York?
Essay Topic 3
What is a prophecy, and how does O'Hara use prophecies in his poetry?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)