|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Cornkind," what is the boy's connection to his past?
2. What does the poem "Ave Maria" ask mothers to do?
3. In what shape is "Poem en Forme de Saw" written?
4. To what state does the other person in "St. Paul and All That" want to move?
5. What is the weather in "How to Get There"?
Essay Topic 1
How is Russian culture important to O'Hara, and how is this culture represented in his poetry?
Essay Topic 2
What is a prophecy, and how does O'Hara use prophecies in his poetry?
Essay Topic 3
Define pastoral poem. Select one poem that fits this definition. Define the qualities of the poem that fit the definition, and analyze the meaning of the poem.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)