|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does "Hotel Particulier" take place?
2. Who does O'Hara consort with in "Hotel Particulier"?
3. In what part of New York does O'Hara write he feels the best in his poem, "Rhapsody"?
4. In what season does "Poem" take place?
5. Where is O'Hara walking at the start of "Poem"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does O'Hara do with his friends in "Poem (4)"?
2. What causes O'Hara to feel mad in "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
3. What fears does O'Hara have in "Adieu to Norman, Bon Jour to Joan and Jean-Paul"?
4. What is O'Hara's opinion of his trip to Paris in "Hotel Particulier"?
5. What does O'Hara do when he learns about the woman's death in "The Day Lady Died"?
6. What effect does tea have on O'Hara in "Poem"?
7. What does "On the Way to San Remo" describe?
8. Who does the Buddha compare and contrast in "Image of the Buddha Preaching"?
9. In "Song," what does O'Hara discuss as being dirty?
10. What holiday is approaching in "Music," and to what is O'Hara looking forward?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select two poems and compare and contrast the titles of each poem. How do the titles relate to the content of the poem? Do the titles have a significant meaning on their own?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how O'Hara's history as a musician and art critic influences his poetry.
Essay Topic 3
What is a prophecy, and how does O'Hara use prophecies in his poetry?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)