|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts does "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" contain?
2. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what is O'Hara's generation going to do?
3. What spreads through the alleyways in "How to Get There"?
4. Where does O'Hara argue students should learn about sex in "Ave Maria"?
(b) Movie theaters.
5. Who do politicians lie to in "How to Get There"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Mary Desti's Ass," what city does O'Hara warn the reader about?
2. To whom is "Steps" addressed?
3. In "Poem en Forme de Saw," where does O'Hara hide?
4. During the poem "A Little Travel Diary," what does O'Hara pass?
5. Where does O'Hara find his love in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the pleasures O'Hara discusses in "Five Poems"?
2. Describe the dream O'Hara has in "Kamin's Dance Shop."
3. What is the message in "Ave Maria"?
4. What does O'Hara request at the end of "Down at the Canal"?
5. In the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," where does O'Hara take comfort?
6. What are some of the lies O'Hara discusses in "How to Get There"? How do the lies affect people?
7. Describe two of the cities that O'Hara mentions in "Mary Desti's Ass."
8. What is O'Hara trying to understand in "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir"?
9. What is the poem "Cornkind" about?
10. What does O'Hara think of Georgia in "Memoir of Sergei O"?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)