|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does O'Hara argue students should learn about sex in "Ave Maria"?
(d) Movie theaters.
2. What did Fanny want to do with O'Hara in "At Kamin's Dance Shop"?
(a) Eat with him.
(b) Make love to him.
(c) Dance with him.
(d) Walk with him.
3. What does O'Hara assert is the true face of the city in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
4. In ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," to what is America compared?
(a) A sinking ship.
(b) An empty vault.
(c) Old Europe.
5. O'Hara ponders the point of _____________in "Cornkind."
(a) Having a son.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Driving a car.
(d) Being very wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion is O'Hara feeling at the start of "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
2. What does O'Hara want people to free themselves from in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
3. In "Five Poems," what does O'Hara question about himself?
4. In "Poem en Forme de Saw," where does O'Hara wonder if he should visit?
5. Whom does O'Hara wonder if he should visit in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the lies O'Hara discusses in "How to Get There"? How do the lies affect people?
2. Describe the dream O'Hara has in "Kamin's Dance Shop."
3. What is O'Hara trying to understand in "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir"?
4. What does O'Hara request at the end of "Down at the Canal"?
5. What does O'Hara write is located behind semblance and order in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"? Where does this true face reside?
6. Describe O'Hara's vision of his New York in "Steps."
7. For whom is "Steps" written? Why does O'Hara want to spend his time with this person?
8. What is the symbolism of the snow and fog in "How to Get There"?
9. Why does O'Hara think the world is coming to an end in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
10. In the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," where does O'Hara take comfort?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)