|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Hara sign off as in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
(c) The master.
(d) The saw.
2. To whom is "Steps" addressed?
(a) New York.
(b) His lover.
(c) His brother.
(d) His girlfriend.
3. In "Poem en Forme de Saw," where does O'Hara wonder if he should visit?
(d) St. Louis.
4. What is the language of "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir"?
5. What does O'Hara use as a metaphor in "Cornkind"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "How to Get There," O'Hara writes that the city is filled with__________.
2. Where does O'Hara dread going in "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
3. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what does O'Hara assert is behind order and kindness?
4. In "In Memoir of Sergei O," why does O'Hara dread going to a certain location?
5. At the start of "Mary Desti's Ass," what place does O'Hara describe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe two of the cities that O'Hara mentions in "Mary Desti's Ass."
2. How does O'Hara explain love at the end of "St. Paul and All That"?
3. To whom is "Down at the Canal" addressed?
4. What is O'Hara convinced his generation is going to do in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"? How is this similar to the previous generation?
5. Who writes the epigram of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"? What does it say?
6. In the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," where does O'Hara take comfort?
7. What are some of the lies O'Hara discusses in "How to Get There"? How do the lies affect people?
8. What is the message in "Ave Maria"?
9. What is the symbolism of the snow and fog in "How to Get There"?
10. What are O'Hara's emotions in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)