|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Hara claim is torn in the poem "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir"?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His heart.
(c) His book.
(d) His napkin.
2. At the start of "Mary Desti's Ass," what place does O'Hara describe?
3. In what shape is "Poem en Forme de Saw" written?
(a) A heart.
(b) A square.
(c) A smiley face.
(d) A saw.
4. What is the location of "In Memoir of Sergei O" devoid of according to O'Hara?
5. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what helps ease the terror?
(a) A lover.
(b) A charm.
(d) A Chinese calendar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does O'Hara dread going in "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
2. In "In Memoir of Sergei O," why does O'Hara dread going to a certain location?
3. To whom is "Down at the Canal" addressed?
4. What does O'Hara request at the end of "Down at the Canal"?
5. How many parts does "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" contain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who writes the epigram of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"? What does it say?
2. In what style is "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir" written?
3. What is the symbolism of the snow and fog in "How to Get There"?
4. How does O'Hara explain love at the end of "St. Paul and All That"?
5. What is the message in "Ave Maria"?
6. What are O'Hara's emotions in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
7. What does O'Hara request at the end of "Down at the Canal"?
8. What is the poem "St. Paul and All That" about?
9. Describe the dream O'Hara has in "Kamin's Dance Shop."
10. What does O'Hara write is located behind semblance and order in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"? Where does this true face reside?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)