|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "St. Paul and All That" about?
(a) His friend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His lover.
2. How does O'Hara feel at the end of "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
3. In "In Memoir of Sergei O," why does O'Hara dread going to a certain location?
(a) His ex lives there.
(b) He knows nothing has changed.
(c) He loves his current location.
(d) He hates to travel.
4. In "St. Paul and All That," O'Hara writes about what disappearing?
5. In "Mary Desti's Ass," where does O'Hara say he contracted a strange illness?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many parts does "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" contain?
2. Why does O'Hara do nothing in Hackensack in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
3. What do people not care for in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
4. Who is the epigram at the start of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" written by?
5. In "Five Poems," what does O'Hara question about himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the snow and fog in "How to Get There"?
2. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," why does O'Hara compare and contrast America to Old Europe?
3. Describe two of the cities that O'Hara mentions in "Mary Desti's Ass."
4. Describe the dream O'Hara has in "Kamin's Dance Shop."
5. What does O'Hara write is located behind semblance and order in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"? Where does this true face reside?
6. Describe O'Hara's experience on the train in "A Little Travel Diary."
7. What are O'Hara's emotions in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
8. What is the poem "Cornkind" about?
9. In the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," where does O'Hara take comfort?
10. What is the message in "Ave Maria"?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)