|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Mary Desti's Ass," where has O'Hara never has a bad time?
(a) New York City or Washington DC.
(b) Baltimore or San Francisco.
(c) Maryland or Detroit.
(d) Detriot or Chicago.
2. To whom is "Down at the Canal" addressed?
(a) A priest.
(b) An optimist.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) His lover.
3. What does O'Hara sign off as in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
(c) The master.
(d) The saw.
4. What is the weather in "How to Get There"?
5. What does O'Hara assert is the true face of the city in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Hara take comfort in during the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
2. In "Poem en Forme de Saw," where does O'Hara wonder if he should visit?
3. O'Hara ponders the point of _____________in "Cornkind."
4. Where is O'Hara in "A Little Travel Diary"?
5. Where is O'Hara in "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does O'Hara think of Georgia in "Memoir of Sergei O"?
2. What is O'Hara trying to understand in "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir"?
3. What are some of the lies O'Hara discusses in "How to Get There"? How do the lies affect people?
4. How does O'Hara explain love at the end of "St. Paul and All That"?
5. Describe O'Hara's experience on the train in "A Little Travel Diary."
6. Describe O'Hara's vision of his New York in "Steps."
7. What is the poem "Cornkind" about?
8. To whom is "Down at the Canal" addressed?
9. Why does O'Hara think the world is coming to an end in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
10. What are O'Hara's emotions in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)