|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Five Poems" list?
(a) Loves of O'Hara's life.
(b) The best foods.
(c) O'hara's wishes.
(d) Small city pleasures.
2. What month does "How to Get There" take place?
3. In "At Kamin's Dance Shop," who is Fanny?
(a) A receptionist.
(b) A tap dancer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A ballerina.
4. Why does O'Hara do nothing in Hackensack in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
(a) It bores him.
(b) It is too hot.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) The ill-will of the people.
5. Who do politicians lie to in "How to Get There"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the epigram at the start of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" discuss?
2. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what helps ease the terror?
3. In the poem "Mary Desti's Ass," what city does O'Hara warn the reader about?
4. What is the overall theme of "Cornkind"?
5. How does everyone act in O'Hara's vision of New York in "Steps"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what style is "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir" written?
2. What are O'Hara's emotions in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
3. In the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," where does O'Hara take comfort?
4. Describe O'Hara's experience on the train in "A Little Travel Diary."
5. What are some of the lies O'Hara discusses in "How to Get There"? How do the lies affect people?
6. Describe two of the cities that O'Hara mentions in "Mary Desti's Ass."
7. What is the message in "Ave Maria"?
8. What does O'Hara write is located behind semblance and order in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"? Where does this true face reside?
9. Why does O'Hara think the world is coming to an end in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
10. What are some of the pleasures O'Hara discusses in "Five Poems"?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)