|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Five Poems," what does O'Hara question about himself?
(a) Whether he is in love.
(b) Whether he is deluded.
(c) Whether he is truthful.
(d) Whether he is kind.
2. What is O'Hara's emotional state in "At Kamin's Dance Shop"?
3. In "St. Paul and All That," O'Hara writes about what disappearing?
4. What does O'Hara claim will come to an end at the end of ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
(c) His book.
(d) Joy and pain.
5. What is the weather condition where O'Hara finds his love in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poem "Ave Maria" ask mothers to do?
2. Who do politicians lie to in "How to Get There"?
3. Where does O'Hara dread going in "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
4. What emotion is O'Hara feeling at the start of "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
5. In the poem "Mary Desti's Ass," what city does O'Hara warn the reader about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the message in "Ave Maria"?
2. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," why does O'Hara compare and contrast America to Old Europe?
3. Describe two of the cities that O'Hara mentions in "Mary Desti's Ass."
4. In the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," where does O'Hara take comfort?
5. What is O'Hara convinced his generation is going to do in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"? How is this similar to the previous generation?
6. In what style is "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir" written?
7. What are O'Hara's emotions in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
8. What are some of the lies O'Hara discusses in "How to Get There"? How do the lies affect people?
9. What are some of the pleasures O'Hara discusses in "Five Poems"?
10. To whom is "Down at the Canal" addressed?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)