|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What spreads through the alleyways in "How to Get There"?
2. What is the location of "In Memoir of Sergei O" devoid of according to O'Hara?
3. In "Steps," what do women wear in O'Hara's vision of New York?
(b) Tight clothes.
4. What does O'Hara write will come to an end in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
(d) The world.
5. During the poem "A Little Travel Diary," what does O'Hara pass?
(b) A crying child.
(c) A lost puppy.
(d) The Spanish countryside.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Mary Desti's Ass," what city does O'Hara warn the reader about?
2. What action does O'Hara describe at the start of "Mary Desti's Ass"?
3. What does O'Hara take comfort in during the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
4. What does the poem "Ave Maria" ask mothers to do?
5. Where does O'Hara want to spend the day in "Steps"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does O'Hara write is located behind semblance and order in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"? Where does this true face reside?
2. In what style is "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir" written?
3. Why does O'Hara think the world is coming to an end in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
4. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," why does O'Hara compare and contrast America to Old Europe?
5. What are O'Hara's emotions in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
6. Who writes the epigram of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"? What does it say?
7. In the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," where does O'Hara take comfort?
8. To whom is "Down at the Canal" addressed?
9. How does O'Hara explain love at the end of "St. Paul and All That"?
10. What is O'Hara trying to understand in "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir"?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)