|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "At Kamin's Dance Shop," who is Fanny?
(a) A receptionist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A ballerina.
(d) A tap dancer.
2. In "Steps," what do women wear in O'Hara's vision of New York?
(c) Tight clothes.
3. What does the epigram at the start of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" discuss?
4. In "A Little Travel Diary," whom does O'Hara travel with?
5. What action does O'Hara describe at the start of "Mary Desti's Ass"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Cornkind," what is the boy's connection to his past?
2. At the start of "Mary Desti's Ass," what place does O'Hara describe?
3. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what is O'Hara able to ignore?
4. Where does O'Hara find his love in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
5. To whom is "Down at the Canal" addressed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does O'Hara write is located behind semblance and order in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"? Where does this true face reside?
2. What is the message in "Ave Maria"?
3. Describe O'Hara's experience on the train in "A Little Travel Diary."
4. What are some of the pleasures O'Hara discusses in "Five Poems"?
5. In the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," where does O'Hara take comfort?
6. Describe two of the cities that O'Hara mentions in "Mary Desti's Ass."
7. What are some of the lies O'Hara discusses in "How to Get There"? How do the lies affect people?
8. What does O'Hara request at the end of "Down at the Canal"?
9. Why does O'Hara think the world is coming to an end in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
10. Who writes the epigram of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"? What does it say?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)