|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is "Steps" addressed?
(a) New York.
(b) His brother.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His lover.
2. What does the poem "Ave Maria" ask mothers to do?
(a) Take their children to church.
(b) Allow children to go to the movies.
(c) Not to let their daughters date men like their fathers.
(d) Pray for their sins.
3. According to O'Hara in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," who exists?
4. What animal does O'Hara imagine talking in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
5. How does everyone act in O'Hara's vision of New York in "Steps"?
(c) Full of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does O'Hara find his love in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
2. What does O'Hara want people to free themselves from in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
3. In "How to Get There," O'Hara writes that the city is filled with__________.
4. What does "Five Poems" list?
5. In what shape is "Poem en Forme de Saw" written?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is O'Hara trying to understand in "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir"?
2. Describe two of the cities that O'Hara mentions in "Mary Desti's Ass."
3. What are some of the lies O'Hara discusses in "How to Get There"? How do the lies affect people?
4. Who writes the epigram of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"? What does it say?
5. To whom is "Down at the Canal" addressed?
6. What does O'Hara think of Georgia in "Memoir of Sergei O"?
7. What is the poem "St. Paul and All That" about?
8. What are some of the pleasures O'Hara discusses in "Five Poems"?
9. In what style is "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir" written?
10. In the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," where does O'Hara take comfort?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)