|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Woman lie about in "How to Get There"?
(a) Phone Numbers.
2. What does O'Hara claim will come to an end at the end of ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
(a) Joy and pain.
(b) His book.
3. What animal does O'Hara imagine talking in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
4. Why does O'Hara do nothing in Hackensack in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
(a) It bores him.
(b) It is too hot.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) The ill-will of the people.
5. Where does O'Hara want to spend the day in "Steps"?
(a) At the park.
(b) At the zoo.
(c) In bed.
(d) At the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what no longer interests us?
2. Where is O'Hara in "A Little Travel Diary"?
3. In the poem "Mary Desti's Ass," what city does O'Hara warn the reader about?
4. What action does O'Hara describe at the start of "Mary Desti's Ass"?
5. Whom does O'Hara stay with in Boston in the poem "Mary Desti's Ass"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the snow and fog in "How to Get There"?
2. Describe two of the cities that O'Hara mentions in "Mary Desti's Ass."
3. Describe O'Hara's vision of his New York in "Steps."
4. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," why does O'Hara compare and contrast America to Old Europe?
5. Who writes the epigram of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"? What does it say?
6. Describe O'Hara's experience on the train in "A Little Travel Diary."
7. What are some of the pleasures O'Hara discusses in "Five Poems"?
8. What are O'Hara's emotions in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
9. For whom is "Steps" written? Why does O'Hara want to spend his time with this person?
10. What is the poem "Cornkind" about?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)