|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What spreads through the alleyways in "How to Get There"?
2. Where does O'Hara argue students should learn about sex in "Ave Maria"?
(a) Movie theaters.
3. What does O'Hara sign off as in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
(c) The saw.
(d) The master.
4. In "Mary Desti's Ass," where has O'Hara never has a bad time?
(a) New York City or Washington DC.
(b) Maryland or Detroit.
(c) Detriot or Chicago.
(d) Baltimore or San Francisco.
5. Where is O'Hara in "A Little Travel Diary"?
(a) A museum.
(b) A car.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does O'Hara stay with in Boston in the poem "Mary Desti's Ass"?
2. In "St. Paul and All That," O'Hara writes about what disappearing?
3. What is the weather in "How to Get There"?
4. How does O'Hara feel at the end of "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
5. In "At Kamin's Dance Shop," who is Fanny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does O'Hara request at the end of "Down at the Canal"?
2. Describe O'Hara's vision of his New York in "Steps."
3. Describe O'Hara's experience on the train in "A Little Travel Diary."
4. What does O'Hara think of Georgia in "Memoir of Sergei O"?
5. What are O'Hara's emotions in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
6. Describe the dream O'Hara has in "Kamin's Dance Shop."
7. Why does O'Hara think the world is coming to an end in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
8. In what style is "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir" written?
9. Who writes the epigram of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"? What does it say?
10. What are some of the pleasures O'Hara discusses in "Five Poems"?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)