|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of structure does O'Hara claim the person he thanks played in at the end of "Naphtha"?
2. In what part of New York does O'Hara write he feels the best in his poem, "Rhapsody"?
(b) Greenwhich Village.
(c) The Bronx.
3. In "Rhapsody," what creates a false sense of upward mobility?
(a) The many floors.
(c) The flag.
(d) The number of steps.
4. What is the condition of O'Hara in "In Adieu to Norman, Bon Jour to Joan and Jean-Paul"?
(c) Hung over.
5. What do the suns look like in the poem "Alma"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Poem (4)," what does O'Hara debate with friends?
2. What does O'Hara think about the current century in "Naphtha"?
3. Whom does O'Hara thank in "Naphtha" for making buildings?
4. Whom does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
5. In "In Adieu to Norman, Bon Jour to Joan and Jean-Paul," what is O'Hara's fear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is O'Hara's opinion of his trip to Paris in "Hotel Particulier"?
2. In "Song," what does O'Hara discuss as being dirty?
3. What holiday is approaching in "Music," and to what is O'Hara looking forward?
4. Describe part four of "Alma."
5. Whose death does O'Hara think about in "A Step Away From Them," and what does he think about them?
6. Where does O'Hara eat lunch in "Music," and what does he order?
7. What does O'Hara do with his friends in "Poem (4)"?
8. Who does the Buddha compare and contrast in "Image of the Buddha Preaching"?
9. What does "On the Way to San Remo" describe?
10. What does O'Hara long to be at the end of "Three Airs," and what does he want to do?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)