|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is lacking in O'Hara's journey in "Hotel Particulier"?
2. In "Naphtha," how does O'Hara describe the structures where his music is played?
(a) Structure of the decade.
(b) Structure of the 90s.
(c) Structure of the world.
(d) Structure of the century.
3. What meal does O'Hara eat in "Personal Poem"?
4. How late, in "Poem (4)," does O'Hara stay up?
(a) All night.
(b) All day.
(c) 1 a.m.
(d) 10 p.m.
5. In "Poem," O'Hara wants _____________ to bring him a cup of tea.
(a) A sommelier.
(b) A friend.
(c) A samovar.
(d) A coffee shop waitress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the lady in "The Day Lady Died"?
2. Whose assault does O'Hara discuss in "Personal Poem"?
3. Whom does O'Hara thank for the music at the end of "Naphtha"?
4. Whom does O'Hara compare himself to in "Cambridge"?
5. Whom does O'Hara thank in "Naphtha" for making buildings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is O'Hara in "2 Poems from the O'Hara Monogatari," and what does he do there?
2. What does "On the Way to San Remo" describe?
3. Where does O'Hara travel from to see Alma? Where does he go to see her?
4. What does "Poem (2)" discuss?
5. When does O'Hara walk the streets of New York in "A Step Away From Them," and what does he see?
6. What does O'Hara assert we are not afraid of touching in "Song"?
7. Where does O'Hara eat lunch in "Music," and what does he order?
8. Who does the Buddha compare and contrast in "Image of the Buddha Preaching"?
9. What is the significance of the building in "Rhapsody"?
10. Whose death does O'Hara think about in "A Step Away From Them," and what does he think about them?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)