|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal does O'Hara eat in "Personal Poem"?
2. Which two groups in "Image of the Buddha Preaching" does the Buddha say have much in common?
(a) Plumbers and presidents.
(b) Mystics and philosophers.
(c) Germans and French.
(d) Writers and painters.
3. What region of the city does "Hotel Particulier" take place?
4. What bird does O'Hara describe in "Three Airs"?
(a) A hummingbird.
(b) A canary.
(c) An eagle.
(d) An owl.
5. Where does O'Hara wonder if he should work at in "Cambridge"?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A doctor's offic.
(c) A school.
(d) A construction site.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people not believe at the end of "Alma"?
2. What does O'Hara carry in his pocket in "Personal Poem"?
3. Whom does O'Hara thank in "Naphtha" for making buildings?
4. What entity does O'Hara long to be in "Three Airs"?
5. In "In Adieu to Norman, Bon Jour to Joan and Jean-Paul," what is O'Hara's fear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does O'Hara think the day is great in "Poem (4)"?
2. Where is O'Hara in "2 Poems from the O'Hara Monogatari," and what does he do there?
3. What does O'Hara assert we are not afraid of touching in "Song"?
4. Describe part four of "Alma."
5. What is the poem "Alma" about, and how does he describe her?
6. What fears does O'Hara have in "Adieu to Norman, Bon Jour to Joan and Jean-Paul"?
7. What causes O'Hara to feel mad in "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
8. What does O'Hara do with his friends in "Poem (4)"?
9. Whose death does O'Hara learn about in "The Day Lady Died," and where does he learn about the death?
10. What is the weather like in "Music"?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)