|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Hara compare the city to in "In a Step Away from Them"?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) A symphony.
(c) A circus.
(d) A jungle.
2. What does O'Hara think about the current century in "Naphtha"?
(a) It is ok.
(b) It is violent.
(c) It is grand.
(d) It is terrible.
3. In "Rhapsody," what part of the city does O'Hara despise?
(c) Greenwhich Village.
(d) The Bronx.
4. What happens to Alma at the end of the poem?
(a) She has five children.
(b) She becomes a legend.
(c) She joins the circus.
(d) She becomes a banker.
5. What place does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
(a) New York.
(b) Her home.
(c) Central Park.
(d) San Diego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotional state is O'Hara in during "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
2. What object does O'Hara describe in "Rhapsody"?
3. Where does Alma visit prior to arriving in Detroit?
4. In "In a Step Away from Them," what does O'Hara eat?
5. Describe the condition of O'Hara's location in "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "On the Way to San Remo" describe?
2. Where does O'Hara eat lunch in "Music," and what does he order?
3. What effect does tea have on O'Hara in "Poem"?
4. Where is O'Hara in "2 Poems from the O'Hara Monogatari," and what does he do there?
5. What does O'Hara assert we are not afraid of touching in "Song"?
6. Why does O'Hara think the day is great in "Poem (4)"?
7. What is the poem "Alma" about, and how does he describe her?
8. What is the weather like in "Music"?
9. What does O'Hara refer to Manhattan as in "Rhapsody" and why?
10. Whom does O'Hara have lunch with in "Personal Poem," and what do they discuss?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)