|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the language of "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir"?
2. Where is O'Hara in "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
3. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what is O'Hara's generation going to do?
4. What does O'Hara claim is torn in the poem "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir"?
(a) His napkin.
(b) His book.
(c) His heart.
(d) His shirt.
5. In "Mary Desti's Ass," where has O'Hara never has a bad time?
(a) Maryland or Detroit.
(b) Baltimore or San Francisco.
(c) New York City or Washington DC.
(d) Detriot or Chicago.
6. To whom is "Steps" addressed?
(a) New York.
(b) His brother.
(c) His lover.
(d) His girlfriend.
7. What is the weather in "How to Get There"?
8. What does O'Hara request at the end of "Down at the Canal"?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(d) A drink.
9. What is the location of "In Memoir of Sergei O" devoid of according to O'Hara?
10. In what city does "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" begin?
(d) New York.
11. In "St. Paul and All That," O'Hara writes about what disappearing?
12. Where is O'Hara in "A Little Travel Diary"?
(a) A museum.
(b) A train.
(c) A car.
(d) A hotel.
13. What does O'Hara want people to free themselves from in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
(d) Earthly needs.
14. Where does O'Hara argue students should learn about sex in "Ave Maria"?
(d) Movie theaters.
15. What do people not care for in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
(a) Other people.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Fine food.
(d) Fine wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion is O'Hara feeling at the start of "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
2. What does O'Hara take comfort in during the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
3. What is the weather condition where O'Hara finds his love in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
4. Who do politicians lie to in "How to Get There"?
5. How many parts does "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" contain?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)