|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does everyone act in O'Hara's vision of New York in "Steps"?
(d) Full of life.
2. What month does "How to Get There" take place?
3. What do people not care for in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
(a) Fine food.
(b) Other people.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Fine wine.
4. What spreads through the alleyways in "How to Get There"?
5. What does O'Hara take comfort in during the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
(a) Asian things.
(c) His bed.
6. In "Cornkind," what is the boy's connection to his past?
(a) His father.
(b) A photo.
(c) A diary.
(d) His mother.
7. What does "Five Poems" list?
(a) The best foods.
(b) O'hara's wishes.
(c) Small city pleasures.
(d) Loves of O'Hara's life.
8. In "Five Poems," what does O'Hara question about himself?
(a) Whether he is kind.
(b) Whether he is in love.
(c) Whether he is truthful.
(d) Whether he is deluded.
9. What emotion is O'Hara feeling at the start of "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
10. Why does O'Hara do nothing in Hackensack in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
(a) The ill-will of the people.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) It bores him.
(d) It is too hot.
11. In ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what no longer interests us?
(c) Rock n' Roll.
12. To whom is "Down at the Canal" addressed?
(a) His lover.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A priest.
(d) An optimist.
13. What action does O'Hara describe at the start of "Mary Desti's Ass"?
14. In "In Memoir of Sergei O," why does O'Hara dread going to a certain location?
(a) His ex lives there.
(b) He hates to travel.
(c) He knows nothing has changed.
(d) He loves his current location.
15. What is the weather in "How to Get There"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mary Desti's Ass," where does O'Hara say he contracted a strange illness?
2. Where does O'Hara dread going in "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
3. What is the weather condition where O'Hara finds his love in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
4. What does O'Hara assert is the true face of the city in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
5. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what is O'Hara's generation going to do?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)