|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the location of "In Memoir of Sergei O" devoid of according to O'Hara?
2. What does the epigram at the start of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" discuss?
3. What month does "How to Get There" take place?
4. Who is the epigram at the start of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" written by?
5. What does O'Hara use as a metaphor in "Cornkind"?
6. Whom does O'Hara stay with in Boston in the poem "Mary Desti's Ass"?
(a) His father.
(b) New companions.
(c) Old friends.
(d) His brother.
7. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what helps ease the terror?
(b) A charm.
(c) A Chinese calendar.
(d) A lover.
8. What does O'Hara claim is torn in the poem "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir"?
(a) His book.
(b) His heart.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His napkin.
9. In "Poem en Forme de Saw," where does O'Hara hide?
(a) Behind a dumpster.
(b) Behind a mill.
(c) In his room.
(d) In a treehouse.
10. Why does O'Hara do nothing in Hackensack in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It bores him.
(c) It is too hot.
(d) The ill-will of the people.
11. What animal does O'Hara imagine talking in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
12. To whom is "Steps" addressed?
(a) His brother.
(b) His lover.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) New York.
13. Where is O'Hara in "A Little Travel Diary"?
(a) A train.
(b) A museum.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A car.
14. In ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what no longer interests us?
(d) Rock n' Roll.
15. During the poem "A Little Travel Diary," what does O'Hara pass?
(a) The Spanish countryside.
(b) A crying child.
(c) A lost puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Hara take comfort in during the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
2. According to O'Hara in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," who exists?
3. In "A Little Travel Diary," whom does O'Hara travel with?
4. Where does O'Hara find his love in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
5. What do Woman lie about in "How to Get There"?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)