|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does O'Hara imagine talking in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
2. In "At Kamin's Dance Shop," who is Fanny?
(a) A receptionist.
(b) A tap dancer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A ballerina.
3. In ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what no longer interests us?
(d) Rock n' Roll.
4. What does the epigram at the start of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" discuss?
5. In "Steps," what do women wear in O'Hara's vision of New York?
(a) Tight clothes.
6. How does everyone act in O'Hara's vision of New York in "Steps"?
(b) Full of life.
7. What is the language of "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir"?
8. In "Poem en Forme de Saw," where does O'Hara hide?
(a) In his room.
(b) Behind a mill.
(c) Behind a dumpster.
(d) In a treehouse.
9. What does O'Hara think about humanity in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
(a) It is thriving.
(b) It is failing.
(c) It is evolving.
(d) It is enlightened.
10. What does O'Hara use as a metaphor in "Cornkind"?
11. Who do politicians lie to in "How to Get There"?
12. Where does O'Hara dread going in "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
(a) The United States.
13. Who is the epigram at the start of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" written by?
14. Where does O'Hara argue students should learn about sex in "Ave Maria"?
(b) Movie theaters.
15. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what is O'Hara able to ignore?
(a) The noise of the city.
(b) The news.
(c) His lover.
(d) His pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what shape is "Poem en Forme de Saw" written?
2. In the poem "Mary Desti's Ass," what city does O'Hara warn the reader about?
3. What is the weather in "How to Get There"?
4. To whom is "Steps" addressed?
5. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what helps ease the terror?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)