|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is "Down at the Canal" addressed?
(a) His lover.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A priest.
(d) An optimist.
2. In ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what no longer interests us?
(c) Rock n' Roll.
3. Where is O'Hara in "A Little Travel Diary"?
(a) A train.
(b) A museum.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A car.
4. To whom is "Steps" addressed?
(a) New York.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His lover.
(d) His brother.
5. In "Cornkind," what is the boy's connection to his past?
(a) A photo.
(b) His father.
(c) A diary.
(d) His mother.
6. To what state does the other person in "St. Paul and All That" want to move?
7. What does the epigram at the start of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" discuss?
8. What do people not care for in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
(a) Other people.
(b) Fine food.
(c) Fine wine.
(d) Their parents.
9. In "Five Poems," what does O'Hara question about himself?
(a) Whether he is kind.
(b) Whether he is deluded.
(c) Whether he is truthful.
(d) Whether he is in love.
10. What animal does O'Hara imagine talking in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
11. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what is O'Hara's generation going to do?
12. What spreads through the alleyways in "How to Get There"?
13. What is the location of "In Memoir of Sergei O" devoid of according to O'Hara?
14. What do Woman lie about in "How to Get There"?
(c) Phone Numbers.
15. Who is "St. Paul and All That" about?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His friend.
(d) His lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does O'Hara want to spend the day in "Steps"?
2. In "Poem en Forme de Saw," where does O'Hara hide?
3. Where does O'Hara argue students should learn about sex in "Ave Maria"?
4. What is O'Hara's emotional state in "At Kamin's Dance Shop"?
5. In "In Memoir of Sergei O," why does O'Hara dread going to a certain location?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)