|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poem "Ave Maria" ask mothers to do?
(a) Allow children to go to the movies.
(b) Take their children to church.
(c) Not to let their daughters date men like their fathers.
(d) Pray for their sins.
2. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what helps ease the terror?
(a) A charm.
(b) A Chinese calendar.
(d) A lover.
3. What month does "How to Get There" take place?
4. How does O'Hara feel when he is with the other person in "St. Paul and All That"?
5. What is the location of "In Memoir of Sergei O" devoid of according to O'Hara?
6. What does O'Hara think about humanity in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
(a) It is failing.
(b) It is thriving.
(c) It is enlightened.
(d) It is evolving.
7. How does everyone act in O'Hara's vision of New York in "Steps"?
(c) Full of life.
8. In "How to Get There," O'Hara writes that the city is filled with__________.
9. Where is O'Hara in "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
10. In "At Kamin's Dance Shop," who is Fanny?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A ballerina.
(c) A receptionist.
(d) A tap dancer.
11. What does the epigram at the start of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" discuss?
12. What does O'Hara use as a metaphor in "Cornkind"?
13. In "Steps," what do women wear in O'Hara's vision of New York?
(d) Tight clothes.
14. In what city does "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" begin?
(d) New York.
15. What spreads through the alleyways in "How to Get There"?
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Hara ponders the point of _____________in "Cornkind."
2. What did Fanny want to do with O'Hara in "At Kamin's Dance Shop"?
3. What does O'Hara write will come to an end in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
4. What action does O'Hara describe at the start of "Mary Desti's Ass"?
5. What does O'Hara claim is torn in the poem "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir"?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)