|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do politicians lie to in "How to Get There"?
2. At the start of "Mary Desti's Ass," what place does O'Hara describe?
3. What is the weather in "How to Get There"?
4. Who is the epigram at the start of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" written by?
5. What does O'Hara think of Paris in "A Little Travel Diary"?
(a) It is friendly.
(b) It is ugly.
(c) It is pretty.
(d) It is gaudy.
6. In ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," to what is America compared?
(a) Old Europe.
(c) An empty vault.
(d) A sinking ship.
7. In the poem "Mary Desti's Ass," what city does O'Hara warn the reader about?
8. During the poem "A Little Travel Diary," what does O'Hara pass?
(a) A lost puppy.
(b) The Spanish countryside.
(d) A crying child.
9. To whom is "Steps" addressed?
(a) New York.
(b) His lover.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His brother.
10. In "Poem en Forme de Saw," where does O'Hara wonder if he should visit?
(c) St. Louis.
11. What spreads through the alleyways in "How to Get There"?
12. What did Fanny want to do with O'Hara in "At Kamin's Dance Shop"?
(a) Dance with him.
(b) Make love to him.
(c) Eat with him.
(d) Walk with him.
13. What is the overall theme of "Cornkind"?
14. In "How to Get There," O'Hara writes that the city is filled with__________.
15. What does O'Hara claim is torn in the poem "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir"?
(a) His napkin.
(b) His book.
(c) His heart.
(d) His shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does O'Hara imagine talking in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
2. Where does O'Hara find his love in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
3. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what helps ease the terror?
4. In what city does "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" begin?
5. How does everyone act in O'Hara's vision of New York in "Steps"?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)