|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does everyone act in O'Hara's vision of New York in "Steps"?
(b) Full of life.
2. Where does O'Hara want to spend the day in "Steps"?
(a) In bed.
(b) At the bar.
(c) At the park.
(d) At the zoo.
3. In "St. Paul and All That," O'Hara writes about what disappearing?
4. Where does O'Hara find his love in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
5. What spreads through the alleyways in "How to Get There"?
6. Where does O'Hara argue students should learn about sex in "Ave Maria"?
(c) Movie theaters.
7. In "Mary Desti's Ass," where has O'Hara never has a bad time?
(a) New York City or Washington DC.
(b) Maryland or Detroit.
(c) Baltimore or San Francisco.
(d) Detriot or Chicago.
8. What emotion is O'Hara feeling at the start of "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
9. What is the weather condition where O'Hara finds his love in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
10. In "Steps," what do women wear in O'Hara's vision of New York?
(d) Tight clothes.
11. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what is O'Hara able to ignore?
(a) The noise of the city.
(b) His pain.
(c) The news.
(d) His lover.
12. In "Five Poems," what does O'Hara question about himself?
(a) Whether he is deluded.
(b) Whether he is truthful.
(c) Whether he is in love.
(d) Whether he is kind.
13. What is the weather in "How to Get There"?
14. What does the epigram at the start of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" discuss?
15. In "Poem en Forme de Saw," where does O'Hara hide?
(a) In a treehouse.
(b) In his room.
(c) Behind a mill.
(d) Behind a dumpster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is O'Hara's emotional state in "At Kamin's Dance Shop"?
2. Who do politicians lie to in "How to Get There"?
3. In ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what no longer interests us?
4. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what does O'Hara assert is behind order and kindness?
5. To whom is "Down at the Canal" addressed?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)