|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "In Memoir of Sergei O," why does O'Hara dread going to a certain location?
(a) He hates to travel.
(b) He knows nothing has changed.
(c) He loves his current location.
(d) His ex lives there.
2. In ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what no longer interests us?
(a) Rock n' Roll.
3. What is the location of "In Memoir of Sergei O" devoid of according to O'Hara?
4. What does O'Hara claim will come to an end at the end of ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
(b) Joy and pain.
(c) His book.
5. What does O'Hara want people to free themselves from in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
(d) Earthly needs.
6. In "Mary Desti's Ass," where has O'Hara never has a bad time?
(a) Detriot or Chicago.
(b) New York City or Washington DC.
(c) Baltimore or San Francisco.
(d) Maryland or Detroit.
7. In the poem "Mary Desti's Ass," what city does O'Hara warn the reader about?
8. In ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," to what is America compared?
(a) Old Europe.
(b) A sinking ship.
(c) An empty vault.
9. What does O'Hara request at the end of "Down at the Canal"?
(b) A drink.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
10. O'Hara ponders the point of _____________in "Cornkind."
(a) Having a son.
(b) Driving a car.
(c) Being very wealthy.
(d) Writing poetry.
11. What animal does O'Hara imagine talking in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
12. What does "Five Poems" list?
(a) Small city pleasures.
(b) The best foods.
(c) O'hara's wishes.
(d) Loves of O'Hara's life.
13. Why does O'Hara do nothing in Hackensack in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It bores him.
(c) The ill-will of the people.
(d) It is too hot.
14. Who is "St. Paul and All That" about?
(a) His wife.
(b) His friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) His lover.
15. Where is O'Hara in "A Little Travel Diary"?
(a) A car.
(b) A train.
(c) A museum.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what helps ease the terror?
2. What is the weather in "How to Get There"?
3. What does O'Hara sign off as in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
4. What does O'Hara take comfort in during the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
5. What did Fanny want to do with O'Hara in "At Kamin's Dance Shop"?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)