|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Hara use as a metaphor in "Cornkind"?
2. In "Mary Desti's Ass," where does O'Hara say he contracted a strange illness?
3. Who do politicians lie to in "How to Get There"?
4. What is O'Hara's emotional state in "At Kamin's Dance Shop"?
5. In what shape is "Poem en Forme de Saw" written?
(a) A saw.
(b) A smiley face.
(c) A heart.
(d) A square.
6. How does everyone act in O'Hara's vision of New York in "Steps"?
(b) Full of life.
7. What is the weather condition where O'Hara finds his love in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
8. In "Mary Desti's Ass," where has O'Hara never has a bad time?
(a) Detriot or Chicago.
(b) Baltimore or San Francisco.
(c) Maryland or Detroit.
(d) New York City or Washington DC.
9. What did Fanny want to do with O'Hara in "At Kamin's Dance Shop"?
(a) Walk with him.
(b) Eat with him.
(c) Dance with him.
(d) Make love to him.
10. What does the poem "Ave Maria" ask mothers to do?
(a) Allow children to go to the movies.
(b) Take their children to church.
(c) Pray for their sins.
(d) Not to let their daughters date men like their fathers.
11. In "How to Get There," O'Hara writes that the city is filled with__________.
12. In "A Little Travel Diary," whom does O'Hara travel with?
13. Whom does O'Hara stay with in Boston in the poem "Mary Desti's Ass"?
(a) His father.
(b) Old friends.
(c) New companions.
(d) His brother.
14. What emotion is O'Hara feeling at the start of "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
15. What does O'Hara assert is the true face of the city in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is "Steps" addressed?
2. To what state does the other person in "St. Paul and All That" want to move?
3. Where does O'Hara dread going in "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
4. Where does O'Hara argue students should learn about sex in "Ave Maria"?
5. O'Hara ponders the point of _____________in "Cornkind."
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)