|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does O'Hara do nothing in Hackensack in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It is too hot.
(c) It bores him.
(d) The ill-will of the people.
2. To what state does the other person in "St. Paul and All That" want to move?
3. What does the epigram at the start of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" discuss?
4. O'Hara ponders the point of _____________in "Cornkind."
(a) Having a son.
(b) Being very wealthy.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Driving a car.
5. In "Steps," what do women wear in O'Hara's vision of New York?
(c) Tight clothes.
6. In "At Kamin's Dance Shop," who is Fanny?
(a) A ballerina.
(b) A tap dancer.
(c) A receptionist.
(d) A doctor.
7. What does O'Hara think about humanity in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
(a) It is thriving.
(b) It is enlightened.
(c) It is failing.
(d) It is evolving.
8. Where does O'Hara find his love in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
9. What does O'Hara want people to free themselves from in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
(d) Earthly needs.
10. In "St. Paul and All That," O'Hara writes about what disappearing?
11. What is the overall theme of "Cornkind"?
12. In "Poem en Forme de Saw," where does O'Hara hide?
(a) In a treehouse.
(b) Behind a mill.
(c) Behind a dumpster.
(d) In his room.
13. What emotion is O'Hara feeling at the start of "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
14. In ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," to what is America compared?
(a) A sinking ship.
(c) Old Europe.
(d) An empty vault.
15. What is the location of "In Memoir of Sergei O" devoid of according to O'Hara?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to O'Hara in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," who exists?
2. In "In Memoir of Sergei O," why does O'Hara dread going to a certain location?
3. What do people not care for in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
4. Where is O'Hara in "A Little Travel Diary"?
5. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what helps ease the terror?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)