|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does O'Hara wonder if he should visit in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
(a) His father.
(b) His agent.
2. Where does O'Hara want to spend the day in "Steps"?
(a) At the zoo.
(b) In bed.
(c) At the park.
(d) At the bar.
3. What does O'Hara claim is torn in the poem "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir"?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His heart.
(c) His book.
(d) His napkin.
4. What is O'Hara's emotional state in "At Kamin's Dance Shop"?
5. In "In Memoir of Sergei O," why does O'Hara dread going to a certain location?
(a) He knows nothing has changed.
(b) He hates to travel.
(c) His ex lives there.
(d) He loves his current location.
6. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what does O'Hara assert is behind order and kindness?
(a) An enraged face.
(b) A man.
(c) A woman.
7. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what is O'Hara's generation going to do?
8. In "St. Paul and All That," O'Hara writes about what disappearing?
9. What animal does O'Hara imagine talking in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
10. What does O'Hara think of Paris in "A Little Travel Diary"?
(a) It is ugly.
(b) It is pretty.
(c) It is gaudy.
(d) It is friendly.
11. Why does O'Hara do nothing in Hackensack in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
(a) The ill-will of the people.
(b) It is too hot.
(c) It bores him.
(d) It is too cold.
12. How does everyone act in O'Hara's vision of New York in "Steps"?
(c) Full of life.
13. In "Steps," what do women wear in O'Hara's vision of New York?
(d) Tight clothes.
14. Where is O'Hara in "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
15. What is the overall theme of "Cornkind"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mary Desti's Ass," where has O'Hara never has a bad time?
2. In "At Kamin's Dance Shop," who is Fanny?
3. Who do politicians lie to in "How to Get There"?
4. During the poem "A Little Travel Diary," what does O'Hara pass?
5. What does O'Hara take comfort in during the poem "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)