|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Mary Desti's Ass," where has O'Hara never has a bad time?
(a) Detriot or Chicago.
(b) Baltimore or San Francisco.
(c) Maryland or Detroit.
(d) New York City or Washington DC.
2. In what shape is "Poem en Forme de Saw" written?
(a) A heart.
(b) A saw.
(c) A square.
(d) A smiley face.
3. What does the epigram at the start of "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" discuss?
4. What month does "How to Get There" take place?
5. What is the language of "Pistachio Tree at Chateau Noir"?
6. What emotion is O'Hara feeling at the start of "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
7. In the poem "Mary Desti's Ass," what city does O'Hara warn the reader about?
8. Where does O'Hara argue students should learn about sex in "Ave Maria"?
(c) Movie theaters.
9. To whom is "Steps" addressed?
(a) His brother.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) New York.
(d) His lover.
10. How many parts does "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" contain?
11. What does O'Hara think of Paris in "A Little Travel Diary"?
(a) It is friendly.
(b) It is ugly.
(c) It is pretty.
(d) It is gaudy.
12. What is the weather condition where O'Hara finds his love in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
13. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what is O'Hara able to ignore?
(a) His pain.
(b) The noise of the city.
(c) His lover.
(d) The news.
14. During the poem "A Little Travel Diary," what does O'Hara pass?
(b) The Spanish countryside.
(c) A lost puppy.
(d) A crying child.
15. O'Hara ponders the point of _____________in "Cornkind."
(a) Having a son.
(b) Driving a car.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Being very wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what helps ease the terror?
2. Where does O'Hara dread going in "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
3. What do Woman lie about in "How to Get There"?
4. Where does O'Hara want to spend the day in "Steps"?
5. In "In Memoir of Sergei O," why does O'Hara dread going to a certain location?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)