|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Five Poems," what does O'Hara question about himself?
(a) Whether he is kind.
(b) Whether he is truthful.
(c) Whether he is deluded.
(d) Whether he is in love.
2. What does O'Hara use as a metaphor in "Cornkind"?
3. O'Hara ponders the point of _____________in "Cornkind."
(a) Being very wealthy.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Having a son.
(d) Driving a car.
4. What spreads through the alleyways in "How to Get There"?
5. In "At Kamin's Dance Shop," who is Fanny?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A tap dancer.
(c) A receptionist.
(d) A ballerina.
6. Why does O'Hara do nothing in Hackensack in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) The ill-will of the people.
(c) It is too hot.
(d) It bores him.
7. In what shape is "Poem en Forme de Saw" written?
(a) A smiley face.
(b) A saw.
(c) A heart.
(d) A square.
8. What does O'Hara claim will come to an end at the end of ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
(b) Joy and pain.
(c) His book.
9. Where does O'Hara want to spend the day in "Steps"?
(a) At the zoo.
(b) In bed.
(c) At the bar.
(d) At the park.
10. What action does O'Hara describe at the start of "Mary Desti's Ass"?
11. Where is O'Hara in "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
12. What emotion is O'Hara feeling at the start of "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
13. To whom is "Steps" addressed?
(a) His lover.
(b) New York.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His brother.
14. What does O'Hara think about humanity in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
(a) It is evolving.
(b) It is failing.
(c) It is enlightened.
(d) It is thriving.
15. In "Poem en Forme de Saw," where does O'Hara wonder if he should visit?
(a) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what is O'Hara's generation going to do?
2. In "Steps," what do women wear in O'Hara's vision of New York?
3. What do Woman lie about in "How to Get There"?
4. What is O'Hara's emotional state in "At Kamin's Dance Shop"?
5. How does everyone act in O'Hara's vision of New York in "Steps"?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)