|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does O'Hara stay with in Boston in the poem "Mary Desti's Ass"?
(a) His brother.
(b) New companions.
(c) His father.
(d) Old friends.
2. What is the weather in "How to Get There"?
3. In ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," what no longer interests us?
(b) Rock n' Roll.
4. What does the poem "Ave Maria" ask mothers to do?
(a) Allow children to go to the movies.
(b) Take their children to church.
(c) Not to let their daughters date men like their fathers.
(d) Pray for their sins.
5. Why does O'Hara do nothing in Hackensack in "Mary Desti's Ass"?
(a) The ill-will of the people.
(b) It bores him.
(c) It is too hot.
(d) It is too cold.
6. What does O'Hara think of Paris in "A Little Travel Diary"?
(a) It is pretty.
(b) It is gaudy.
(c) It is ugly.
(d) It is friendly.
7. What does O'Hara want people to free themselves from in ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson''?
(c) Earthly needs.
8. According to O'Hara in "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson," who exists?
9. In "At Kamin's Dance Shop," who is Fanny?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A ballerina.
(c) A tap dancer.
(d) A receptionist.
10. What does O'Hara claim will come to an end at the end of ''For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson"?
(a) Joy and pain.
(b) His book.
11. What emotion is O'Hara feeling at the start of "In Memoir of Sergei O"?
12. In what city does "For the Chinese New Year & For Bill Berkson" begin?
(c) New York.
13. What does O'Hara request at the end of "Down at the Canal"?
(a) A drink.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
14. To what state does the other person in "St. Paul and All That" want to move?
15. What is the location of "In Memoir of Sergei O" devoid of according to O'Hara?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Hara sign off as in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
2. What animal does O'Hara imagine talking in "Poem en Forme de Saw"?
3. In "Five Poems," what does O'Hara question about himself?
4. O'Hara ponders the point of _____________in "Cornkind."
5. In "Poem en Forme de Saw," where does O'Hara hide?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)