|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of sandwich does O'Hara eat in "Music"?
(c) Roast Beef.
2. What meal does O'Hara eat in "Personal Poem"?
3. What is the condition of O'Hara in "In Adieu to Norman, Bon Jour to Joan and Jean-Paul"?
(a) Hung over.
4. In "Poem" how does O'Hara convince the man to sleep with him?
(a) He emotionally devastates him.
(b) He begs him.
(c) He drugs him.
(d) He flatters him.
5. What is lacking in O'Hara's journey in "Hotel Particulier"?
6. Whom is O'Hara supposed to have dinner with in "The Day Lady Died"?
(a) His wife.
(b) The president.
(c) Anonymous benefactors.
(d) His agent.
7. Who visits O'Hara in New York in "Poem (4)"?
8. What type of structure does O'Hara claim the person he thanks played in at the end of "Naphtha"?
9. What region of the city does "Hotel Particulier" take place?
10. Where, in "Three Airs," is O'Hara sitting?
(a) A beach.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A park.
(d) A mall.
11. What location does O'Hara wish to be free from at the end of "Three Airs"?
(a) The grave.
(b) The country.
(c) The local bar.
(d) The city.
12. What month does O'Hara say is approaching in "Poem (4)"?
13. What does O'Hara wonder in "Poem (2)"?
(a) If he is in love again.
(b) If he is ready to divorce.
(c) If the city is right for him?
(d) If the world is ending.
14. Whom does O'Hara compare himself to in "Cambridge"?
(a) Stephan King.
(b) The Russian Writers.
(c) His father.
15. What entity does O'Hara long to be in "Three Airs"?
(b) A God.
(d) An Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the suns look like in the poem "Alma"?
2. What century does O'Hara mention in "Naphtha"?
3. In "Personal Poem" with whom does O'Hara eat?
4. What object does O'Hara describe in "Rhapsody"?
5. Where is O'Hara walking at the start of "Poem"?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)