|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Hara write in "Song," that does not perturb us?
(a) Reading the news.
(c) Cleaning toilets.
(d) Shaking someone's hand.
2. What kind of sandwich does O'Hara eat in "Music"?
(c) Roast Beef.
3. How will warm tea improve O'Hara?
(a) It will keep him warm.
(b) It will keep him awake.
(c) It will allow him to act better.
(d) It will help him sleep.
4. What does the Buddha want to end in "Image of the Buddha Preaching"?
(a) Ideological violence.
(b) Slaughtering of animals.
(c) Free press.
5. What does O'Hara carry in his pocket in "Personal Poem"?
6. Who recently died in ''In a Step Away from Them"?
7. Whom does O'Hara go out with in "Poem (4)"?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His friends.
8. Where does "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday" take place?
(a) Central Perk.
(b) Central Park.
(c) O'Hara's apartment.
(d) A bar.
9. Who does O'Hara consort with in "Hotel Particulier"?
(a) His wife.
(b) A new partner.
(c) His friend.
(d) His manager.
10. Whose assault does O'Hara discuss in "Personal Poem"?
(a) Malcom X.
(b) Miles Davis.
(c) LeRoi Jones.
(d) James Henry.
11. Whom does O'Hara compare himself to in "Cambridge"?
(a) Stephan King.
(b) His father.
(d) The Russian Writers.
12. What emotional state is O'Hara in during "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
(b) In love.
13. What is the weather like in "Cambridge"?
(c) A blizzard.
(d) A hurricane.
14. In "Poem (2)," how many time does O'Hara say he's been in love?
15. What place does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Her home.
(c) Central Park.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Alma at the end of the poem?
2. In what season does "Poem" take place?
3. What kind of house is O'Hara staying at in "2 Poems from the O'Hara Monogatari"?
4. How many parts are in the poem "Three airs"?
5. What type of structure does O'Hara claim the person he thanks played in at the end of "Naphtha"?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)