|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Hara wonder in "Poem (2)"?
(a) If he is ready to divorce.
(b) If he is in love again.
(c) If the city is right for him?
(d) If the world is ending.
2. What does O'Hara think about the current century in "Naphtha"?
(a) It is ok.
(b) It is violent.
(c) It is grand.
(d) It is terrible.
3. What is Alma's profession?
4. In "Poem," where does O'Hara wish he lived?
(a) A fishing boat.
(b) A wood house.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A mansion.
5. Which two groups in "Image of the Buddha Preaching" does the Buddha say have much in common?
(a) Plumbers and presidents.
(b) Germans and French.
(c) Mystics and philosophers.
(d) Writers and painters.
6. Whom does O'Hara go out with in "Poem (4)"?
(a) His friends.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
7. In "Poem (2)," how many time does O'Hara say he's been in love?
8. In "Poem (4)," O'Hara say strangers appear to be ____________.
9. What place does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Her home.
(c) San Diego.
(d) New York.
10. What kind of house is O'Hara staying at in "2 Poems from the O'Hara Monogatari"?
(a) A seaside cottage.
(b) A slum.
(c) A penthouse.
(d) A mansion.
11. Who does O'Hara consort with in "Hotel Particulier"?
(a) A new partner.
(b) His friend.
(c) His manager.
(d) His wife.
12. What is lacking in O'Hara's journey in "Hotel Particulier"?
13. What emotional state is O'Hara in during "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
(a) In love.
14. What cultural event does O'Hara attend in "Poem (4)"?
(a) A book signing.
(b) A movie.
(c) A concert.
(d) An art gallery.
15. What does O'Hara say happens when Alma dies?
(a) The earth shakes.
(b) The spirits dance.
(c) The moon sleeps.
(d) The doves cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "Image of the Buddha Preaching" take place?
2. Where, in "Three Airs," is O'Hara sitting?
3. What location does O'Hara wish to be free from at the end of "Three Airs"?
4. Whom does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
5. What does the Buddha want to end in "Image of the Buddha Preaching"?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)