|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of people are on the bus in "On the Way to San Remo"?
(a) Angry people.
(b) Rich people.
(c) Thin people.
(d) Fat people.
2. At the end of "Three Airs," from what structures does O'Hara wish to be free?
3. What does the Buddha want to end in "Image of the Buddha Preaching"?
(a) Slaughtering of animals.
(c) Ideological violence.
(d) Free press.
4. What month does O'Hara say is approaching in "Poem (4)"?
5. What does O'Hara write in "Song," that does not perturb us?
(a) Reading the news.
(b) Cleaning toilets.
(d) Shaking someone's hand.
6. In "Poem (4)," what is the weather like?
7. What meal does O'Hara eat in "Personal Poem"?
8. What flying animal does O'Hara describe in "Three Airs"?
9. How many parts are in the poem "Three airs"?
10. What emotion does O'Hara express in "Poem (4)"?
11. What emotional state is O'Hara in during "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
(d) In love.
12. At the start of "Poem (4)," with whom does O'Hara chat?
(a) A baker.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A banker.
(d) A cabbie.
13. What does O'Hara write is over the water in "Three Airs"?
(b) A swing.
(c) A rainbow.
14. Where does "Image of the Buddha Preaching" take place?
(a) The Bahamas.
(d) The United States.
15. Where, in "Three Airs," is O'Hara sitting?
(a) A park.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A mall.
(d) A beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is lacking in O'Hara's journey in "Hotel Particulier"?
2. Where is the place where O'Hara wants to work in "Cambridge" located?
3. What kind of house is O'Hara staying at in "2 Poems from the O'Hara Monogatari"?
4. In "Rhapsody," O'Hara stands on top of __________.
5. What does O'Hara carry in his pocket in "Personal Poem"?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)