|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What belies the notion of social mobility according to O'Hara in "Rhapsody"?
(a) The elevator men.
(b) The waiters.
(c) The president.
(d) The maids.
2. In "In Adieu to Norman, Bon Jour to Joan and Jean-Paul," what is O'Hara's fear?
(a) He will never move from his parents' house.
(b) He is a terrible poet.
(c) He is dying.
(d) He will never be loved.
3. In "Naphtha," whom does O'Hara thank for his vibrant imagery?
(b) Jean Dubuffet.
(d) Annie Lebowitz.
4. Where does Alma visit prior to arriving in Detroit?
5. What kind of house is O'Hara staying at in "2 Poems from the O'Hara Monogatari"?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A seaside cottage.
(c) A penthouse.
(d) A slum.
6. In what part of New York does O'Hara write he feels the best in his poem, "Rhapsody"?
(a) Greenwhich Village.
(d) The Bronx.
7. Where is the place where O'Hara wants to work in "Cambridge" located?
(a) In his friend's neighborhood.
(b) Across the Street.
(c) In New York.
(d) In Spain.
8. What do people believe about the city in "Song"?
(a) It is friendly.
(b) It is violent.
(c) It is dirty.
(d) It is clean.
9. In "Rhapsody," O'Hara stands on top of __________.
(a) A staircase.
(b) A bench.
(c) A fountain.
(d) A building.
10. What happens when Alma moves to Detroit?
(a) She joins the army.
(b) She opens a jewelry store.
(c) She becomes a teacher.
(d) She marries a mechanic.
11. In "In a Step Away from Them," what does O'Hara eat?
(a) A smoothie.
(b) A liver sandwhich.
(c) A burger.
(d) A steak.
12. In "Poem," O'Hara wants _____________ to bring him a cup of tea.
(a) A sommelier.
(b) A samovar.
(c) A coffee shop waitress.
(d) A friend.
13. What is lacking in O'Hara's journey in "Hotel Particulier"?
14. In what season does "Poem" take place?
15. What is the location of the object O'Hara describes in "Rhapsody"?
(a) Madison Ave.
(b) Dixon St.
(c) Morgan Lane.
(d) Central Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Poem" how does O'Hara convince the man to sleep with him?
2. In "Poem (4)," O'Hara say strangers appear to be ____________.
3. What type of people are on the bus in "On the Way to San Remo"?
4. In "Poem (4)," what is the weather like?
5. What emotional state is O'Hara in during "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)