|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time in "In a Step Away from Them'"is O'Hara walking?
2. What does O'Hara say happens when Alma dies?
(a) The earth shakes.
(b) The spirits dance.
(c) The doves cry.
(d) The moon sleeps.
3. What place does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
(a) New York.
(b) Her home.
(c) Central Park.
(d) San Diego.
4. How will warm tea improve O'Hara?
(a) It will allow him to act better.
(b) It will keep him awake.
(c) It will keep him warm.
(d) It will help him sleep.
5. In what city does "Hotel Particulier" take place?
(b) New York.
6. What happens when Alma moves to Detroit?
(a) She marries a mechanic.
(b) She becomes a teacher.
(c) She joins the army.
(d) She opens a jewelry store.
7. What is the weather like in "Cambridge"?
(a) A blizzard.
(c) A hurricane.
8. What happens to Alma at the end of the poem?
(a) She has five children.
(b) She joins the circus.
(c) She becomes a banker.
(d) She becomes a legend.
9. Where is the place where O'Hara wants to work in "Cambridge" located?
(a) In his friend's neighborhood.
(b) In Spain.
(c) Across the Street.
(d) In New York.
10. In "Three Airs," where does the bird drop the objects it is carrying?
(a) A nest.
(b) A morass.
(c) A ravine.
(d) The ocean.
11. At the end of "Three Airs," from what structures does O'Hara wish to be free?
12. In "In Adieu to Norman, Bon Jour to Joan and Jean-Paul," what is O'Hara's fear?
(a) He is a terrible poet.
(b) He is dying.
(c) He will never be loved.
(d) He will never move from his parents' house.
13. Where, in "Three Airs," is O'Hara sitting?
(a) A beach.
(b) A mall.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A park.
14. In what season does "Poem" take place?
15. In "Cambridge," where does O'Hara say writers create their best work?
(a) On the street.
(b) In the cold.
(c) In a hotel room.
(d) In the tropics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is lacking in O'Hara's journey in "Hotel Particulier"?
2. In "Poem (2)," how many time does O'Hara say he's been in love?
3. What does O'Hara think about the current century in "Naphtha"?
4. In "Poem (4)," what does O'Hara debate with friends?
5. Where does "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday" take place?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)