|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does O'Hara consort with in "Hotel Particulier"?
(a) His wife.
(b) A new partner.
(c) His friend.
(d) His manager.
2. In "Rhapsody," what creates a false sense of upward mobility?
(b) The number of steps.
(c) The flag.
(d) The many floors.
3. Whom is O'Hara listening to during "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
(a) A polka band.
(c) The master.
(d) His mother.
4. How many parts are in the poem "Three airs"?
5. In "Poem," O'Hara wants _____________ to bring him a cup of tea.
(a) A sommelier.
(b) A coffee shop waitress.
(c) A samovar.
(d) A friend.
6. What meal does O'Hara eat in "Personal Poem"?
7. Where is O'Hara walking at the start of "Poem"?
(a) To a bar.
(b) To his apartment.
(c) In Central Park.
(d) To school.
8. What place does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Her home.
(d) New York.
9. What does O'Hara write is over the water in "Three Airs"?
(a) A swing.
(b) A rainbow.
10. What month does O'Hara say is approaching in "Poem (4)"?
11. What does O'Hara call Manhattan in "Rhapsody"?
(a) Man's world.
(d) Man's hat.
12. What century does O'Hara mention in "Naphtha"?
13. In "Three Airs," where does the bird drop the objects it is carrying?
(a) A morass.
(b) The ocean.
(c) A ravine.
(d) A nest.
14. In "Poem (4)," O'Hara say strangers appear to be ____________.
15. How would O'Hara describe himself in "Poem"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alma's profession?
2. What emotion does O'Hara express in "Poem (4)"?
3. Whose assault does O'Hara discuss in "Personal Poem"?
4. In what season does "Poem" take place?
5. What region of the city does "Hotel Particulier" take place?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)