|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Poem (4)," what is the weather like?
2. What belies the notion of social mobility according to O'Hara in "Rhapsody"?
(a) The waiters.
(b) The elevator men.
(c) The president.
(d) The maids.
3. What is Alma's profession?
4. Whom is O'Hara supposed to have dinner with in "The Day Lady Died"?
(a) The president.
(b) Anonymous benefactors.
(c) His agent.
(d) His wife.
5. In "Naphtha," how does O'Hara describe the structures where his music is played?
(a) Structure of the century.
(b) Structure of the world.
(c) Structure of the decade.
(d) Structure of the 90s.
6. What flying animal does O'Hara describe in "Three Airs"?
7. In what part of New York does O'Hara write he feels the best in his poem, "Rhapsody"?
(b) The Bronx.
(d) Greenwhich Village.
8. In "Poem," O'Hara wants _____________ to bring him a cup of tea.
(a) A friend.
(b) A sommelier.
(c) A samovar.
(d) A coffee shop waitress.
9. Describe the condition of O'Hara's location in "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
10. What is the location of the object O'Hara describes in "Rhapsody"?
(a) Dixon St.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Madison Ave.
(d) Morgan Lane.
11. What happens to Alma at the end of the poem?
(a) She has five children.
(b) She becomes a legend.
(c) She becomes a banker.
(d) She joins the circus.
12. Whom is O'Hara listening to during "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
(a) The master.
(b) A polka band.
(d) His mother.
13. What cultural event does O'Hara attend in "Poem (4)"?
(a) An art gallery.
(b) A concert.
(c) A book signing.
(d) A movie.
14. How late, in "Poem (4)," does O'Hara stay up?
(a) 1 a.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) All day.
(d) All night.
15. What does O'Hara carry in his pocket in "Personal Poem"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "In a Step Away from Them," what does O'Hara eat?
2. How many parts are in the poem "Three airs"?
3. What type of people are on the bus in "On the Way to San Remo"?
4. Whom does O'Hara compare himself to in "Cambridge"?
5. What kind of house is O'Hara staying at in "2 Poems from the O'Hara Monogatari"?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)