|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Hara wonder in "Poem (2)"?
(a) If the world is ending.
(b) If he is ready to divorce.
(c) If he is in love again.
(d) If the city is right for him?
2. What cultural event does O'Hara attend in "Poem (4)"?
(a) A book signing.
(b) An art gallery.
(c) A movie.
(d) A concert.
3. What does O'Hara call Manhattan in "Rhapsody"?
(b) Man's hat.
(d) Man's world.
4. What location does O'Hara wish to be free from at the end of "Three Airs"?
(a) The city.
(b) The grave.
(c) The local bar.
(d) The country.
5. What flying animal does O'Hara describe in "Three Airs"?
6. How many parts is the poem "Alma"?
7. What entity does O'Hara long to be in "Three Airs"?
(b) An Angel.
(c) A God.
8. What belies the notion of social mobility according to O'Hara in "Rhapsody"?
(a) The president.
(b) The maids.
(c) The elevator men.
(d) The waiters.
9. Whose assault does O'Hara discuss in "Personal Poem"?
(a) Miles Davis.
(b) James Henry.
(c) Malcom X.
(d) LeRoi Jones.
10. In "Rhapsody," what part of the city does O'Hara despise?
(a) The Bronx.
(d) Greenwhich Village.
11. Where, in "Three Airs," is O'Hara sitting?
(a) A beach.
(b) A park.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A mall.
12. How does O'Hara want to change in "Poem"?
(a) He wishes he was creative.
(b) He wants to be depressed.
(c) He wants to become charming.
(d) He wants to be brave.
13. In "Rhapsody," O'Hara stands on top of __________.
(a) A staircase.
(b) A fountain.
(c) A bench.
(d) A building.
14. What type of neurotic does O'Hara describe himself as in "Poem"?
15. What type of people are on the bus in "On the Way to San Remo"?
(a) Rich people.
(b) Fat people.
(c) Thin people.
(d) Angry people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How late, in "Poem (4)," does O'Hara stay up?
2. Where is the place where O'Hara wants to work in "Cambridge" located?
3. What does O'Hara drink in "2 Poems from the O'Hara Monogatari"?
4. What do people believe about the city in "Song"?
5. What does O'Hara write is over the water in "Three Airs"?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)