|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will warm tea improve O'Hara?
(a) It will help him sleep.
(b) It will keep him warm.
(c) It will keep him awake.
(d) It will allow him to act better.
2. Whom does O'Hara thank in "Naphtha" for making buildings?
(b) The Mohawks.
(d) The Iroquois.
3. Where does O'Hara wonder if he should work at in "Cambridge"?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A school.
(c) A doctor's offic.
(d) A construction site.
4. Describe the condition of O'Hara's location in "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
5. What does the Buddha want to end in "Image of the Buddha Preaching"?
(a) Free press.
(c) Ideological violence.
(d) Slaughtering of animals.
6. In "Poem" how does O'Hara convince the man to sleep with him?
(a) He flatters him.
(b) He drugs him.
(c) He begs him.
(d) He emotionally devastates him.
7. Whom does O'Hara go out with in "Poem (4)"?
(a) His wife.
(b) His friends.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
8. In "Poem," O'Hara wants _____________ to bring him a cup of tea.
(a) A coffee shop waitress.
(b) A samovar.
(c) A friend.
(d) A sommelier.
9. Whom does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
(a) Her dead mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her dead father.
(d) Her children.
10. What do people believe about the city in "Song"?
(a) It is friendly.
(b) It is violent.
(c) It is clean.
(d) It is dirty.
11. What object does O'Hara describe in "Rhapsody"?
(a) A statue.
(b) A building.
(c) A fountain.
(d) A table.
12. In "Naphtha," whom does O'Hara thank for his vibrant imagery?
(b) Annie Lebowitz.
(c) Jean Dubuffet.
13. How does O'Hara want to change in "Poem"?
(a) He wants to be depressed.
(b) He wants to be brave.
(c) He wants to become charming.
(d) He wishes he was creative.
14. What century does O'Hara mention in "Naphtha"?
15. At the end of "Three Airs," from what structures does O'Hara wish to be free?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two groups in "Image of the Buddha Preaching" does the Buddha say have much in common?
2. What is the location of the object O'Hara describes in "Rhapsody"?
3. What kind of sandwich does O'Hara eat in "Music"?
4. Whom is O'Hara listening to during "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
5. What do people not believe at the end of "Alma"?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)