|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does O'Hara describe in "Rhapsody"?
(a) A table.
(b) A statue.
(c) A fountain.
(d) A building.
2. In "Poem" how does O'Hara convince the man to sleep with him?
(a) He flatters him.
(b) He drugs him.
(c) He begs him.
(d) He emotionally devastates him.
3. In "Poem (2)," how many time does O'Hara say he's been in love?
4. Whom does O'Hara thank for the music at the end of "Naphtha"?
(a) Duke Ellington.
(c) Louis Armstrong.
(d) Bing Crosby.
5. What do people not believe at the end of "Alma"?
(a) Alma is dead.
(b) The winter didn't result in frost.
(c) Alma isn't married.
(d) The war is over.
6. What emotional state is O'Hara in during "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
(d) In love.
7. Who visits O'Hara in New York in "Poem (4)"?
8. In what season does "Poem" take place?
9. In "Poem (4)," what is the weather like?
10. Where is the place where O'Hara wants to work in "Cambridge" located?
(a) Across the Street.
(b) In New York.
(c) In Spain.
(d) In his friend's neighborhood.
11. What type of neurotic does O'Hara describe himself as in "Poem"?
12. In "Poem (4)," O'Hara say strangers appear to be ____________.
13. What does O'Hara say happens when Alma dies?
(a) The doves cry.
(b) The earth shakes.
(c) The moon sleeps.
(d) The spirits dance.
14. What cultural event does O'Hara attend in "Poem (4)"?
(a) A book signing.
(b) An art gallery.
(c) A movie.
(d) A concert.
15. At what time in "In a Step Away from Them'"is O'Hara walking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is O'Hara walking at the start of "Poem"?
2. In the poem "Three Airs" what objects are in the space O'Hara describes?
3. What does O'Hara compare the city to in "In a Step Away from Them"?
4. At the end of "Three Airs," from what structures does O'Hara wish to be free?
5. How many parts are in the poem "Three airs"?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)