|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Poem (4)," O'Hara say strangers appear to be ____________.
2. What type of structure does O'Hara claim the person he thanks played in at the end of "Naphtha"?
3. At what time in "In a Step Away from Them'"is O'Hara walking?
4. What do the suns look like in the poem "Alma"?
5. What century does O'Hara mention in "Naphtha"?
6. In "Poem (2)," how many time does O'Hara say he's been in love?
7. What is lacking in O'Hara's journey in "Hotel Particulier"?
8. In "Poem (4)," what is the weather like?
9. What place does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
(a) Her home.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Central Park.
(d) New York.
10. What does O'Hara write in "Song," that does not perturb us?
(b) Cleaning toilets.
(c) Reading the news.
(d) Shaking someone's hand.
11. How many parts are in the poem "Three airs"?
12. At the start of "Poem (4)," with whom does O'Hara chat?
(a) A baker.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A banker.
(d) A cabbie.
13. In what part of New York does O'Hara write he feels the best in his poem, "Rhapsody"?
(b) The Bronx.
(d) Greenwhich Village.
14. What does O'Hara compare the city to in "In a Step Away from Them"?
(a) A jungle.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) A symphony.
(d) A circus.
15. In "Rhapsody," what part of the city does O'Hara despise?
(a) Greenwhich Village.
(d) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
2. In "Naphtha," how does O'Hara describe the structures where his music is played?
3. Who does O'Hara consort with in "Hotel Particulier"?
4. In "In Adieu to Norman, Bon Jour to Joan and Jean-Paul," what is O'Hara's fear?
5. What does the Buddha want to end in "Image of the Buddha Preaching"?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)