|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Poem (4)," what is the weather like?
2. Which two groups in "Image of the Buddha Preaching" does the Buddha say have much in common?
(a) Plumbers and presidents.
(b) Writers and painters.
(c) Germans and French.
(d) Mystics and philosophers.
3. What type of people are on the bus in "On the Way to San Remo"?
(a) Fat people.
(b) Thin people.
(c) Rich people.
(d) Angry people.
4. How would O'Hara describe himself in "Poem"?
5. What do people believe about the city in "Song"?
(a) It is clean.
(b) It is violent.
(c) It is dirty.
(d) It is friendly.
6. What does O'Hara compare the city to in "In a Step Away from Them"?
(a) A jungle.
(b) A symphony.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) A circus.
7. Who visits O'Hara in New York in "Poem (4)"?
8. What does O'Hara say happens when Alma dies?
(a) The spirits dance.
(b) The doves cry.
(c) The moon sleeps.
(d) The earth shakes.
9. Whom does O'Hara thank in "Naphtha" for making buildings?
(a) The Mohawks.
(b) The Iroquois.
10. In "Rhapsody," O'Hara stands on top of __________.
(a) A fountain.
(b) A building.
(c) A staircase.
(d) A bench.
11. Whom does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
(a) Her dead mother.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her dead father.
12. In "Poem (4)," O'Hara say strangers appear to be ____________.
13. What happens when Alma moves to Detroit?
(a) She marries a mechanic.
(b) She opens a jewelry store.
(c) She becomes a teacher.
(d) She joins the army.
14. What location does O'Hara wish to be free from at the end of "Three Airs"?
(a) The city.
(b) The grave.
(c) The country.
(d) The local bar.
15. Describe the condition of O'Hara's location in "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Rhapsody," what part of the city does O'Hara despise?
2. What is Alma's profession?
3. What do the suns look like in the poem "Alma"?
4. What is the location of the object O'Hara describes in "Rhapsody"?
5. In what season does "Poem" take place?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)