|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does O'Hara thank for the music at the end of "Naphtha"?
(b) Bing Crosby.
(c) Louis Armstrong.
(d) Duke Ellington.
2. What is lacking in O'Hara's journey in "Hotel Particulier"?
3. What is the weather like in "Cambridge"?
(a) A blizzard.
(c) A hurricane.
4. Whom does O'Hara go out with in "Poem (4)"?
(a) His friends.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
5. Describe the condition of O'Hara's location in "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
6. What cultural event does O'Hara attend in "Poem (4)"?
(a) A concert.
(b) A book signing.
(c) An art gallery.
(d) A movie.
7. In "Rhapsody," what creates a false sense of upward mobility?
(a) The flag.
(b) The many floors.
(d) The number of steps.
8. In "Poem (4)," O'Hara say strangers appear to be ____________.
9. Where, in "Three Airs," is O'Hara sitting?
(a) A park.
(b) A mall.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A beach.
10. In "Poem (4)," what does O'Hara debate with friends?
(a) The weather.
11. What flying animal does O'Hara describe in "Three Airs"?
12. How will warm tea improve O'Hara?
(a) It will keep him warm.
(b) It will help him sleep.
(c) It will keep him awake.
(d) It will allow him to act better.
13. In "Naphtha," how does O'Hara describe the structures where his music is played?
(a) Structure of the decade.
(b) Structure of the world.
(c) Structure of the century.
(d) Structure of the 90s.
14. What does O'Hara call Manhattan in "Rhapsody"?
(c) Man's world.
(d) Man's hat.
15. What does the Buddha want to end in "Image of the Buddha Preaching"?
(a) Free press.
(b) Slaughtering of animals.
(d) Ideological violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Hara wonder in "Poem (2)"?
2. Where does Alma visit prior to arriving in Detroit?
3. What bird does O'Hara describe in "Three Airs"?
4. What does O'Hara compare the city to in "In a Step Away from Them"?
5. What kind of sandwich does O'Hara eat in "Music"?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)