|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season does "Poem" take place?
2. How will warm tea improve O'Hara?
(a) It will help him sleep.
(b) It will keep him warm.
(c) It will keep him awake.
(d) It will allow him to act better.
3. In "Rhapsody," what creates a false sense of upward mobility?
(a) The many floors.
(b) The flag.
(c) The number of steps.
4. What does the Buddha want to end in "Image of the Buddha Preaching"?
(a) Free press.
(c) Slaughtering of animals.
(d) Ideological violence.
5. Where does "Image of the Buddha Preaching" take place?
(a) The Bahamas.
(b) The United States.
6. In the poem "Three Airs" what objects are in the space O'Hara describes?
(a) Pretty objects.
(b) Scary objects.
(c) Absurd objects.
(d) Fluffy objects.
7. In "Personal Poem" with whom does O'Hara eat?
(b) Malcom X.
(c) LeRoi Jones.
(d) James Spader.
8. What is the condition of O'Hara in "In Adieu to Norman, Bon Jour to Joan and Jean-Paul"?
(d) Hung over.
9. What does O'Hara call Manhattan in "Rhapsody"?
(a) Man's world.
(d) Man's hat.
10. In what part of New York does O'Hara write he feels the best in his poem, "Rhapsody"?
(b) Greenwhich Village.
(c) The Bronx.
11. What does O'Hara drink in "2 Poems from the O'Hara Monogatari"?
12. How late, in "Poem (4)," does O'Hara stay up?
(a) 1 a.m.
(b) All day.
(c) 10 p.m.
(d) All night.
13. What is lacking in O'Hara's journey in "Hotel Particulier"?
14. In what city does "Hotel Particulier" take place?
(a) New York.
15. In "Poem (4)," what does O'Hara debate with friends?
(a) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Hara wonder in "Poem (2)"?
2. How many parts are in the poem "Three airs"?
3. What happens when Alma moves to Detroit?
4. Whose assault does O'Hara discuss in "Personal Poem"?
5. Whom does O'Hara thank in "Naphtha" for making buildings?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)