|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location does O'Hara wish to be free from at the end of "Three Airs"?
(a) The local bar.
(b) The grave.
(c) The city.
(d) The country.
2. How does O'Hara want to change in "Poem"?
(a) He wants to be brave.
(b) He wishes he was creative.
(c) He wants to become charming.
(d) He wants to be depressed.
3. In "Cambridge," where does O'Hara say writers create their best work?
(a) In a hotel room.
(b) In the tropics.
(c) In the cold.
(d) On the street.
4. What place does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Her home.
(c) San Diego.
(d) New York.
5. What flying animal does O'Hara describe in "Three Airs"?
6. In what season does "Poem" take place?
7. Describe the condition of O'Hara's location in "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
8. What does O'Hara say happens when Alma dies?
(a) The earth shakes.
(b) The moon sleeps.
(c) The doves cry.
(d) The spirits dance.
9. What does the Buddha want to end in "Image of the Buddha Preaching"?
(b) Free press.
(c) Ideological violence.
(d) Slaughtering of animals.
10. What region of the city does "Hotel Particulier" take place?
11. What emotional state is O'Hara in during "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
(c) In love.
12. What kind of house is O'Hara staying at in "2 Poems from the O'Hara Monogatari"?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A penthouse.
(c) A slum.
(d) A seaside cottage.
13. In "Personal Poem" with whom does O'Hara eat?
(a) LeRoi Jones.
(b) James Spader.
(c) Malcom X.
14. In "Poem" how does O'Hara convince the man to sleep with him?
(a) He begs him.
(b) He flatters him.
(c) He drugs him.
(d) He emotionally devastates him.
15. What cultural event does O'Hara attend in "Poem (4)"?
(a) A book signing.
(b) A movie.
(c) A concert.
(d) An art gallery.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Naphtha," how does O'Hara describe the structures where his music is played?
2. What is Alma's profession?
3. What emotion does O'Hara express in "Poem (4)"?
4. In "Naphtha," whom does O'Hara thank for his vibrant imagery?
5. In "Rhapsody," what part of the city does O'Hara despise?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)