|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Hara write is over the water in "Three Airs"?
(c) A rainbow.
(d) A swing.
2. What century does O'Hara mention in "Naphtha"?
3. What is Alma's profession?
4. What kind of sandwich does O'Hara eat in "Music"?
(b) Roast Beef.
5. Whom does O'Hara thank in "Naphtha" for making buildings?
(b) The Mohawks.
(c) The Iroquois.
6. What do the suns look like in the poem "Alma"?
7. How many parts are in the poem "Three airs"?
8. Which two groups in "Image of the Buddha Preaching" does the Buddha say have much in common?
(a) Plumbers and presidents.
(b) Germans and French.
(c) Writers and painters.
(d) Mystics and philosophers.
9. In what season does "Poem" take place?
10. Where does "Image of the Buddha Preaching" take place?
(b) The United States.
(c) The Bahamas.
11. What happens when Alma moves to Detroit?
(a) She marries a mechanic.
(b) She opens a jewelry store.
(c) She becomes a teacher.
(d) She joins the army.
12. What emotion does O'Hara express in "Poem (4)"?
13. In "In Adieu to Norman, Bon Jour to Joan and Jean-Paul," what is O'Hara's fear?
(a) He will never be loved.
(b) He will never move from his parents' house.
(c) He is dying.
(d) He is a terrible poet.
14. Whom does O'Hara thank for the music at the end of "Naphtha"?
(a) Duke Ellington.
(b) Louis Armstrong.
(c) Bing Crosby.
15. Where does Alma visit prior to arriving in Detroit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird does O'Hara describe in "Three Airs"?
2. What meal does O'Hara eat in "Personal Poem"?
3. What place does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
4. In "Naphtha," whom does O'Hara thank for his vibrant imagery?
5. At what time in "In a Step Away from Them'"is O'Hara walking?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)