|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Rhapsody," what creates a false sense of upward mobility?
(a) The number of steps.
(b) The many floors.
(d) The flag.
2. What kind of sandwich does O'Hara eat in "Music"?
(c) Roast Beef.
3. What is the condition of O'Hara in "In Adieu to Norman, Bon Jour to Joan and Jean-Paul"?
(b) Hung over.
4. How many parts are in the poem "Three airs"?
5. Where does "Image of the Buddha Preaching" take place?
(a) The United States.
(c) The Bahamas.
6. What type of people are on the bus in "On the Way to San Remo"?
(a) Thin people.
(b) Angry people.
(c) Fat people.
(d) Rich people.
7. What kind of house is O'Hara staying at in "2 Poems from the O'Hara Monogatari"?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A penthouse.
(c) A seaside cottage.
(d) A slum.
8. What entity does O'Hara long to be in "Three Airs"?
(a) An Angel.
(d) A God.
9. In "Poem (2)," how many time does O'Hara say he's been in love?
10. What does O'Hara write is over the water in "Three Airs"?
(a) A swing.
(d) A rainbow.
11. How many parts is the poem "Alma"?
12. What location does O'Hara wish to be free from at the end of "Three Airs"?
(a) The city.
(b) The grave.
(c) The country.
(d) The local bar.
13. What does O'Hara call Manhattan in "Rhapsody"?
(b) Man's hat.
(d) Man's world.
14. What does O'Hara compare the city to in "In a Step Away from Them"?
(a) A symphony.
(b) A circus.
(c) A jungle.
(d) A waterfall.
15. What happens when Alma moves to Detroit?
(a) She opens a jewelry store.
(b) She joins the army.
(c) She marries a mechanic.
(d) She becomes a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of neurotic does O'Hara describe himself as in "Poem"?
2. What do the suns look like in the poem "Alma"?
3. What does the Buddha want to end in "Image of the Buddha Preaching"?
4. Where does Alma visit prior to arriving in Detroit?
5. What type of structure does O'Hara claim the person he thanks played in at the end of "Naphtha"?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)