|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does O'Hara describe in "Rhapsody"?
(a) A table.
(b) A fountain.
(c) A building.
(d) A statue.
2. Whom does O'Hara compare himself to in "Cambridge"?
(a) His father.
(c) Stephan King.
(d) The Russian Writers.
3. What kind of house is O'Hara staying at in "2 Poems from the O'Hara Monogatari"?
(a) A penthouse.
(b) A mansion.
(c) A seaside cottage.
(d) A slum.
4. What do the suns look like in the poem "Alma"?
5. Whom does O'Hara thank in "Naphtha" for making buildings?
(b) The Mohawks.
(d) The Iroquois.
6. In "Cambridge," where does O'Hara say writers create their best work?
(a) On the street.
(b) In the tropics.
(c) In a hotel room.
(d) In the cold.
7. What month does O'Hara say is approaching in "Poem (4)"?
8. What region of the city does "Hotel Particulier" take place?
9. Where does Alma visit prior to arriving in Detroit?
10. In "Personal Poem" with whom does O'Hara eat?
(a) Malcom X.
(b) James Spader.
(d) LeRoi Jones.
11. What does O'Hara say happens when Alma dies?
(a) The moon sleeps.
(b) The doves cry.
(c) The earth shakes.
(d) The spirits dance.
12. What does O'Hara write is over the water in "Three Airs"?
(c) A swing.
(d) A rainbow.
13. In "Rhapsody," what part of the city does O'Hara despise?
(c) The Bronx.
(d) Greenwhich Village.
14. What happens to Alma at the end of the poem?
(a) She becomes a banker.
(b) She becomes a legend.
(c) She joins the circus.
(d) She has five children.
15. In "Poem (4)," O'Hara say strangers appear to be ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Rhapsody," what creates a false sense of upward mobility?
2. What does O'Hara compare the city to in "In a Step Away from Them"?
3. What meal does O'Hara eat in "Personal Poem"?
4. Where is O'Hara walking at the start of "Poem"?
5. What do people not believe at the end of "Alma"?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)