|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recently died in ''In a Step Away from Them"?
2. What do people not believe at the end of "Alma"?
(a) The winter didn't result in frost.
(b) Alma isn't married.
(c) Alma is dead.
(d) The war is over.
3. How would O'Hara describe himself in "Poem"?
4. What region of the city does "Hotel Particulier" take place?
5. In "Naphtha," how does O'Hara describe the structures where his music is played?
(a) Structure of the decade.
(b) Structure of the world.
(c) Structure of the century.
(d) Structure of the 90s.
6. What does O'Hara write is over the water in "Three Airs"?
(c) A swing.
(d) A rainbow.
7. Where does Alma visit prior to arriving in Detroit?
8. What object does O'Hara describe in "Rhapsody"?
(a) A statue.
(b) A fountain.
(c) A table.
(d) A building.
9. What month does O'Hara say is approaching in "Poem (4)"?
10. In "Personal Poem" with whom does O'Hara eat?
(a) James Spader.
(b) LeRoi Jones.
(d) Malcom X.
11. What do the suns look like in the poem "Alma"?
12. What does O'Hara wonder in "Poem (2)"?
(a) If the world is ending.
(b) If he is in love again.
(c) If the city is right for him?
(d) If he is ready to divorce.
13. What does O'Hara write in "Song," that does not perturb us?
(a) Reading the news.
(c) Shaking someone's hand.
(d) Cleaning toilets.
14. What happens to Alma at the end of the poem?
(a) She has five children.
(b) She becomes a banker.
(c) She becomes a legend.
(d) She joins the circus.
15. Whom is O'Hara supposed to have dinner with in "The Day Lady Died"?
(a) His agent.
(b) The president.
(c) Anonymous benefactors.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What century does O'Hara mention in "Naphtha"?
2. What flying animal does O'Hara describe in "Three Airs"?
3. What bird does O'Hara describe in "Three Airs"?
4. Whom is O'Hara listening to during "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
5. What do people believe about the city in "Song"?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)