|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Poem (4)," what does O'Hara debate with friends?
(d) The weather.
2. What type of neurotic does O'Hara describe himself as in "Poem"?
3. In what city does "Hotel Particulier" take place?
(a) New York.
4. Whom is O'Hara supposed to have dinner with in "The Day Lady Died"?
(a) His agent.
(b) His wife.
(c) Anonymous benefactors.
(d) The president.
5. In "Rhapsody," O'Hara stands on top of __________.
(a) A building.
(b) A staircase.
(c) A fountain.
(d) A bench.
6. What is the condition of O'Hara in "In Adieu to Norman, Bon Jour to Joan and Jean-Paul"?
(b) Hung over.
7. In what part of New York does O'Hara write he feels the best in his poem, "Rhapsody"?
(b) Greenwhich Village.
(c) The Bronx.
8. Whose assault does O'Hara discuss in "Personal Poem"?
(a) Malcom X.
(b) LeRoi Jones.
(c) James Henry.
(d) Miles Davis.
9. What type of people are on the bus in "On the Way to San Remo"?
(a) Rich people.
(b) Angry people.
(c) Fat people.
(d) Thin people.
10. In "Poem (2)," how many time does O'Hara say he's been in love?
11. In "Naphtha," whom does O'Hara thank for his vibrant imagery?
(c) Annie Lebowitz.
(d) Jean Dubuffet.
12. Whom does O'Hara thank for the music at the end of "Naphtha"?
(a) Bing Crosby.
(b) Louis Armstrong.
(d) Duke Ellington.
13. Describe the condition of O'Hara's location in "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
14. What is Alma's profession?
15. At the end of "Three Airs," from what structures does O'Hara wish to be free?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday" take place?
2. What does O'Hara wonder in "Poem (2)"?
3. How would O'Hara describe himself in "Poem"?
4. Whom does O'Hara compare himself to in "Cambridge"?
5. What type of structure does O'Hara claim the person he thanks played in at the end of "Naphtha"?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)