|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will warm tea improve O'Hara?
(a) It will allow him to act better.
(b) It will help him sleep.
(c) It will keep him warm.
(d) It will keep him awake.
2. What is lacking in O'Hara's journey in "Hotel Particulier"?
3. What bird does O'Hara describe in "Three Airs"?
(a) A hummingbird.
(b) An owl.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A canary.
4. In "Personal Poem" with whom does O'Hara eat?
(a) Malcom X.
(c) James Spader.
(d) LeRoi Jones.
5. Whom does O'Hara compare himself to in "Cambridge"?
(b) Stephan King.
(c) His father.
(d) The Russian Writers.
6. In what part of New York does O'Hara write he feels the best in his poem, "Rhapsody"?
(b) Greenwhich Village.
(c) The Bronx.
7. What kind of house is O'Hara staying at in "2 Poems from the O'Hara Monogatari"?
(a) A seaside cottage.
(b) A slum.
(c) A mansion.
(d) A penthouse.
8. What is the location of the object O'Hara describes in "Rhapsody"?
(a) Dixon St.
(b) Morgan Lane.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Madison Ave.
9. What type of people are on the bus in "On the Way to San Remo"?
(a) Rich people.
(b) Thin people.
(c) Fat people.
(d) Angry people.
10. How many parts is the poem "Alma"?
11. In "Cambridge," where does O'Hara say writers create their best work?
(a) In the cold.
(b) In the tropics.
(c) In a hotel room.
(d) On the street.
12. In "In Adieu to Norman, Bon Jour to Joan and Jean-Paul," what is O'Hara's fear?
(a) He is a terrible poet.
(b) He will never move from his parents' house.
(c) He is dying.
(d) He will never be loved.
13. What does O'Hara write is over the water in "Three Airs"?
(a) A rainbow.
(c) A swing.
14. At the end of "Three Airs," from what structures does O'Hara wish to be free?
15. What place does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Her home.
(c) New York.
(d) Central Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people not believe at the end of "Alma"?
2. How late, in "Poem (4)," does O'Hara stay up?
3. What emotion does O'Hara express in "Poem (4)"?
4. Whom is O'Hara listening to during "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
5. In what season does "Poem" take place?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)