|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Hara say happens when Alma dies?
(a) The spirits dance.
(b) The moon sleeps.
(c) The earth shakes.
(d) The doves cry.
2. Whom is O'Hara supposed to have dinner with in "The Day Lady Died"?
(a) His wife.
(b) Anonymous benefactors.
(c) His agent.
(d) The president.
3. What type of people are on the bus in "On the Way to San Remo"?
(a) Thin people.
(b) Rich people.
(c) Fat people.
(d) Angry people.
4. What type of neurotic does O'Hara describe himself as in "Poem"?
5. Who is the lady in "The Day Lady Died"?
(a) Karen Carpenter.
(b) Daisy May.
(c) Billie Holiday.
(d) Aretha Franklin.
6. Who recently died in ''In a Step Away from Them"?
7. In "In a Step Away from Them," what does O'Hara eat?
(a) A steak.
(b) A liver sandwhich.
(c) A burger.
(d) A smoothie.
8. What do the suns look like in the poem "Alma"?
9. What object does O'Hara describe in "Rhapsody"?
(a) A table.
(b) A building.
(c) A fountain.
(d) A statue.
10. In the poem "Three Airs" what objects are in the space O'Hara describes?
(a) Fluffy objects.
(b) Scary objects.
(c) Absurd objects.
(d) Pretty objects.
11. In "Poem (4)," what is the weather like?
12. What place does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Her home.
(c) New York.
(d) San Diego.
13. Where does "Image of the Buddha Preaching" take place?
(a) The United States.
(b) The Bahamas.
14. At what time in "In a Step Away from Them'"is O'Hara walking?
15. In "Naphtha," whom does O'Hara thank for his vibrant imagery?
(a) Jean Dubuffet.
(b) Annie Lebowitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like in "Cambridge"?
2. In "Poem," O'Hara wants _____________ to bring him a cup of tea.
3. What does O'Hara drink in "2 Poems from the O'Hara Monogatari"?
4. Whom does O'Hara thank in "Naphtha" for making buildings?
5. What cultural event does O'Hara attend in "Poem (4)"?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)