|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of structure does O'Hara claim the person he thanks played in at the end of "Naphtha"?
2. Whose assault does O'Hara discuss in "Personal Poem"?
(a) Miles Davis.
(b) James Henry.
(c) LeRoi Jones.
(d) Malcom X.
3. In "Rhapsody," what part of the city does O'Hara despise?
(a) The Bronx.
(c) Greenwhich Village.
4. What does O'Hara call Manhattan in "Rhapsody"?
(a) Man's world.
(b) Man's hat.
5. In what part of New York does O'Hara write he feels the best in his poem, "Rhapsody"?
(a) Greenwhich Village.
(d) The Bronx.
6. In what season does "Poem" take place?
7. What does O'Hara wonder in "Poem (2)"?
(a) If he is in love again.
(b) If the city is right for him?
(c) If the world is ending.
(d) If he is ready to divorce.
8. What is the weather like in "Cambridge"?
(b) A blizzard.
(d) A hurricane.
9. Who recently died in ''In a Step Away from Them"?
10. What kind of house is O'Hara staying at in "2 Poems from the O'Hara Monogatari"?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A seaside cottage.
(c) A penthouse.
(d) A slum.
11. In "Poem," O'Hara wants _____________ to bring him a cup of tea.
(a) A sommelier.
(b) A coffee shop waitress.
(c) A samovar.
(d) A friend.
12. In what city does "Hotel Particulier" take place?
(d) New York.
13. What does O'Hara write in "Song," that does not perturb us?
(a) Shaking someone's hand.
(b) Reading the news.
(c) Cleaning toilets.
14. What object does O'Hara describe in "Rhapsody"?
(a) A building.
(b) A table.
(c) A fountain.
(d) A statue.
15. In "Poem," where does O'Hara wish he lived?
(a) A fishing boat.
(b) A wood house.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Buddha want to end in "Image of the Buddha Preaching"?
2. What happens to Alma at the end of the poem?
3. Whom does O'Hara thank in "Naphtha" for making buildings?
4. What bird does O'Hara describe in "Three Airs"?
5. In "Poem (4)," what is the weather like?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)