|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people not believe at the end of "Alma"?
(a) Alma isn't married.
(b) Alma is dead.
(c) The war is over.
(d) The winter didn't result in frost.
2. In "Cambridge," where does O'Hara say writers create their best work?
(a) In the cold.
(b) On the street.
(c) In the tropics.
(d) In a hotel room.
3. Whom does O'Hara thank for the music at the end of "Naphtha"?
(a) Duke Ellington.
(c) Louis Armstrong.
(d) Bing Crosby.
4. What type of people are on the bus in "On the Way to San Remo"?
(a) Thin people.
(b) Fat people.
(c) Rich people.
(d) Angry people.
5. How would O'Hara describe himself in "Poem"?
6. What cultural event does O'Hara attend in "Poem (4)"?
(a) A movie.
(b) A book signing.
(c) An art gallery.
(d) A concert.
7. Who recently died in ''In a Step Away from Them"?
8. In "Poem (4)," what does O'Hara debate with friends?
(a) The weather.
9. In "Naphtha," whom does O'Hara thank for his vibrant imagery?
(a) Annie Lebowitz.
(c) Jean Dubuffet.
10. What does O'Hara say happens when Alma dies?
(a) The spirits dance.
(b) The doves cry.
(c) The earth shakes.
(d) The moon sleeps.
11. Who does O'Hara consort with in "Hotel Particulier"?
(a) A new partner.
(b) His wife.
(c) His manager.
(d) His friend.
12. In what part of New York does O'Hara write he feels the best in his poem, "Rhapsody"?
(b) The Bronx.
(d) Greenwhich Village.
13. Where is the place where O'Hara wants to work in "Cambridge" located?
(a) In Spain.
(b) In his friend's neighborhood.
(c) Across the Street.
(d) In New York.
14. What do the suns look like in the poem "Alma"?
15. How will warm tea improve O'Hara?
(a) It will keep him warm.
(b) It will keep him awake.
(c) It will help him sleep.
(d) It will allow him to act better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Hara think about the current century in "Naphtha"?
2. Whom does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
3. In "Poem (4)," what is the weather like?
4. What belies the notion of social mobility according to O'Hara in "Rhapsody"?
5. Whose assault does O'Hara discuss in "Personal Poem"?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)