|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Image of the Buddha Preaching, Song, The Day Lady Died, Poem (3), Poem (4), Naphtha.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does O'Hara want to change in "Poem"?
(a) He wishes he was creative.
(b) He wants to be brave.
(c) He wants to become charming.
(d) He wants to be depressed.
2. What does O'Hara say happens when Alma dies?
(a) The spirits dance.
(b) The moon sleeps.
(c) The doves cry.
(d) The earth shakes.
3. What place does Alma miss when she moves to Detroit?
(a) Her home.
(b) Central Park.
(c) San Diego.
(d) New York.
4. Whom does O'Hara thank in "Naphtha" for making buildings?
(a) The Mohawks.
(c) The Iroquois.
5. In "Naphtha," whom does O'Hara thank for his vibrant imagery?
(c) Jean Dubuffet.
(d) Annie Lebowitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Poem (4)," O'Hara say strangers appear to be ____________.
2. Where is the place where O'Hara wants to work in "Cambridge" located?
3. What does O'Hara write is over the water in "Three Airs"?
4. What location does O'Hara wish to be free from at the end of "Three Airs"?
5. Which two groups in "Image of the Buddha Preaching" does the Buddha say have much in common?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)