|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Image of the Buddha Preaching, Song, The Day Lady Died, Poem (3), Poem (4), Naphtha.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Naphtha," how does O'Hara describe the structures where his music is played?
(a) Structure of the world.
(b) Structure of the century.
(c) Structure of the decade.
(d) Structure of the 90s.
2. What does O'Hara write is over the water in "Three Airs"?
(a) A swing.
(c) A rainbow.
3. What flying animal does O'Hara describe in "Three Airs"?
4. What does O'Hara compare the city to in "In a Step Away from Them"?
(a) A symphony.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) A jungle.
(d) A circus.
5. In "Poem (4)," O'Hara say strangers appear to be ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is O'Hara listening to during "On Rachmaninoff's Birthday"?
2. In "Poem," O'Hara wants _____________ to bring him a cup of tea.
3. What do people believe about the city in "Song"?
4. Whom does O'Hara thank for the music at the end of "Naphtha"?
5. At the start of "Poem (4)," with whom does O'Hara chat?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)