|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Yeibechei?
(a) Navajo holy people.
(b) The elders.
(c) Ayah's relatives.
(d) Another Native American tribe.
2. Ayah remembers what types of items in the black pot that are used for dying wool?
(a) Ink dyes.
(b) Berries, sage, and beeweed petals.
(d) Berries, herbs, and plants.
3. What does Jimmie's Navajo name mean?
(a) Summer morning.
(b) Brave soldier.
(c) Beautiful son.
4. What languages does Chato speak?
(a) English, Spanish, and Navajo.
(b) Spanish and English.
(c) Spanish and Navajo.
(d) English and Navajo.
5. As Ayah learned the rhythm of her pains while in labor with Jimmie, what did she smell outside the stone hogan?
(b) Bee flowers blooming and willows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ayah remembers doing what to her mother when she knows it is time to give birth to Jimmie?
2. At the beginning of the story, where is Ayah sitting?
3. What does the sound of the wind remind the main character of?
4. What branch of the military did Jimmie go into?
5. Who came to tell Ayah that her remaining two children were sick?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)