|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What languages does Chato speak?
(a) Spanish and English.
(b) English and Navajo.
(c) Spanish and Navajo.
(d) English, Spanish, and Navajo.
2. Who is the main character in the story?
3. Where did Ayah escape to after she lost her last two children?
(a) The hills.
(b) A hogan.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) The medicine man.
4. How did Chato break his leg?
(a) A horse fell on it.
(b) He stepped into a hole.
(c) A white man hit him.
(d) He fell while working.
5. What kind of tree does Ayah sit under as she thinks about her life?
(a) A cottonwood.
(b) A giving tree.
(c) An oak.
(d) A redwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a little girl, what did Ayah do with the raw, washed wool?
2. What point of view is the story told from?
3. Who allowed the children to be taken by the B.I.A.?
4. What did Ayah do by signing her name that she didn't realize until later?
5. Ayah remembers doing what to her mother when she knows it is time to give birth to Jimmie?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)