|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Ayah sits in the snow, what does she think about her shoes?
(a) She remembers her traditional shoes of moccasins.
(b) She thinks that her shoes are too large.
(c) She thinks she needs to get new ones.
(d) She remembers going barefoot in the summer.
2. What does Jimmie's Navajo name mean?
(a) Summer morning.
(b) Brave soldier.
(d) Beautiful son.
3. How does remembering make Ayah feel?
4. Who came to tell Ayah that her remaining two children were sick?
(b) A white doctor.
(c) An elder.
(d) The medicine man.
5. What does Ayah remember is remarkable about elkhide moccasins?
(a) They keep a person's legs dry in the snow.
(b) They are traditional shoes.
(c) They are handmade.
(d) They keep a person's legs warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to Ayah's house to discuss news about Jimmie?
2. Where does Ayah remember her mother using the loom?
3. According to Ayah, what keeps her people connected to the land?
4. What point of view is the story told from?
5. What happened to all of Ayah's other children?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)