|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sound of the wind remind the main character of?
(a) A dog.
(b) A wolf.
(c) The Yeibechei.
(d) A lullaby.
2. What shocked the visitor about Ayah and Chato's decision about Jimmie's body?
(a) Ayah screamed.
(b) Ayah didn't cry.
(c) That Chato and Ayah did not want it returned to them.
(d) Chato cried.
3. Why does Ayah visually search every dark place in the bar?
(a) To see if the place is safe.
(b) To see if there are other Navajos there.
(c) To see if there is danger.
(d) To see if Chato is sleeping in them.
4. Why is Chato permitted in the bars?
(a) Because he speaks Spanish like one of them.
(b) Because he is kind.
(c) Because he has a running tab.
(d) Because he is a regular.
5. How does Ayah mourn Jimmie?
(a) That night.
(b) With angry words.
(c) At once.
(d) Over time.
Short Answer Questions
1. The last time Ayah met with her children, how did Ella stare at her?
2. As Ayah studies the faces in the bar, whom do they remind her of?
3. What did Ayah do to try to prevent the Bureau of Indian Affairs from taking her children?
4. What color was the item Jimmie sent to Ayah?
5. Who are the Yeibechei?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)