|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction does Ayah walk as she leaves the bar?
2. Where were Ayah, Chato and their family living when the government car pulled up outside their home?
(a) In a teepee.
(b) A boxcar shack on the white man's ranch.
(c) In an apartment.
(d) In a hogan.
3. What metaphor does Silko use to compare the snowflakes to as they enter the bar?
4. According to Ayah, when did Chato start going to the bar?
(a) After five years of drought.
(b) After Danny and Ella are taken.
(c) After she sleeps away from him.
(d) After Jimmie died.
5. As Ayah searches in the night, what does she think about her relationship with Chato?
(a) He tries, but fails her greatly.
(b) There is no place for him but with her.
(c) He badly hurts her.
(d) He is a good husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Spanish polka music the only sounds in the bar?
2. Where does Ayah go first on her search?
3. After Ayah enters the bar, what does she neglect to do?
4. Whom did the government person talk to about Jimmie's death?
5. As Ayah studies the faces in the bar, whom do they remind her of?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)