|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of livestock does Chato and Ayah have at their home?
2. What are the first smells that greet Ayah when she opens the door of the bar?
(a) Cigarette smoke and warm air.
(d) Alcohol and smoke.
3. Where did Chato decide to go to get help for he and Ayah's dietary needs?
(a) To see the medicine man.
(b) To the hogan.
(c) To the white man's ranch.
(d) Into town.
4. What did Ayah do to try to prevent the Bureau of Indian Affairs from taking her children?
(a) She cursed them.
(b) She shot at them with a gun.
(c) She hid them and herself in the hills.
(d) She fought them.
5. What arrives at the post office in a colorful government envelope?
(a) An eviction notice.
(b) A welfare check.
(c) A letter from Jimmie.
(d) Letters from Danny and Ella.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ayah visually search every dark place in the bar?
2. What does Jimmie's Navajo name mean?
3. What kind of horses did Chato once ride when he works at the white man's ranch?
4. According to Ayah, when did Chato start going to the bar?
5. When the children visited for the last time, why did Ayah not say goodbye?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)