|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the overall tone of the first half of the story?
2. What kind of horses did Chato once ride when he works at the white man's ranch?
(d) Quarter horses.
3. During the last visit with Danny and Ella, what did Danny give to Ayah?
(a) A note.
(b) A flower.
(c) A plant.
(d) A bird he draew on paper.
4. Why does Chato go to see the postmaster?
(a) To ask for employment.
(b) To mail letters.
(c) To collect their welfare check.
(d) To see his sister.
5. What do the days of Ayah and Chato's journey sound like to Ayah?
(d) Like a lullaby.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ayah, when did Chato start going to the bar?
2. At the beginning of the story, where is Ayah sitting?
3. What season does the setting take place in?
4. As Ayah thinks about her children, she recalls what about them?
5. Where did Chato decide to go to get help for he and Ayah's dietary needs?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)