|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the story take place?
(a) In Taos.
(b) In New York.
(c) In Navajo Country.
(d) In Phoenix.
2. Why does Ayah go searching in the winter night?
(a) Because she has no choice.
(b) Because she needs to find someone.
(c) Because she has the blanket.
(d) Because it is the Navajo way.
3. What traditional thing does Ayah and Chato do every May?
(a) Visit Jimmie's grave.
(b) Travel to town.
(c) Plant the garden.
(d) Dance in ceremony.
4. What are the names of Ayah's two children she lost to the Bureau of Indian Affairs?
(a) Erica and Noemi.
(b) Jimmie and Steve.
(c) Ella and Danny.
(d) Billy and Joe.
5. What color was the item Jimmie sent to Ayah?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ayah believe Chato doesn't like guiding "the old ewes"?
2. Where does Ayah go first on her search?
3. What do the arroyos have to offer Ayah's and Chato's livestock?
4. Outside of the place where Ayah and Chato live, what is the condition of the land?
5. Whom is Ayah looking for as she searches outside the bar?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)