|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the store owner with whom Lucy has sex?
2. What day of the week does Lucy dislike?
3. What does Lucy determine has no taste?
4. Mariah notices that ______________ makes Lucy happy.
5. What does the person in #130 want Lucy to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Maude Quick and why does she reappear in Lucy's life?
2. What are the reasons that Lucy does not like her mother?
3. Why does Lucy tell her mother the tawdry details of her life, and how does her mother respond?
4. Who is Peggy and why does Lucy have second thoughts about a friendship with her?
5. Describe Lucy's friendship on the island with a girl named Myrna and why Lucy ultimately grew jealous of her.
6. Who is Dinah and what are Lucy's perceptions of her?
7. Who are Mariah's daughters and which one is Lucy's favorite?
8. What is the content of the most recent letter Lucy has from her mother and how does she respond to it?
9. Who is Roland and how does Lucy meet him?
10. What is Lucy's relationship with Hugh?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Lucy. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Lucy?
Essay Topic 2
Loss is an important theme in LUCY. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)