|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the person in #130 bring to Lucy?
(a) He loves her.
(b) Lucy needs to send money home.
(c) Lucy passed her course.
(d) Lucy's father has died.
2. What is Lewis' profession?
3. What does Lucy determine has no taste?
4. Mariah and Dinah are upset about _______________________.
(a) Junior League officers.
(b) Environmental damage.
(c) School teachers.
(d) Poor nutrition in food.
5. Where do Mariah and the girls spend the Summer?
(c) The Great Lakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money had Lucy's father left Lucy's mother when he died?
2. Where do Lewis and Mariah go regarding the environmental cause?
3. It is ________________ that Mariah does not see that her affluent lifestyle is destroying the environment she wants to champion.
4. What has Lucy come to love about living in America?
5. What did the mothers of Lucy's father's children often do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the situations with Tanner and Hugh represent in Lucy's life?
2. What does Lucy think about the seasons now that she is experiencing Autumn?
3. What are the circumstances that lead to Lucy having sex with Hugh?
4. What irony does Lucy note regarding Mariah's affluent lifestyle and her interest in environmental protection?
5. What is Lucy's relationship with Hugh?
6. Describe Lucy's friendship on the island with a girl named Myrna and why Lucy ultimately grew jealous of her.
7. For Lucy, why isn't sex accompanied by an emotional connection?
8. Who are Mariah's daughters and which one is Lucy's favorite?
9. Whose side does Lucy take in the separation of Mariah and Lewis?
10. Who is Peggy and why does Lucy have second thoughts about a friendship with her?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)