|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week does Lucy dislike?
2. Where is Lucy's homeland?
(a) West Indies.
(c) St. Bart's.
3. What does Dinah want more than anything?
(a) Mariah's life.
(b) A diamond tennis bracelet.
(c) A good job.
(d) Another baby.
4. What did the mothers of Lucy's father's children often do?
(a) Tutor all the children.
(b) Try to kill the other mothers' babies.
(c) Spend holidays together.
(d) Have communal dinners.
5. Lucy's parents planned to send their sons to college in ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lucy's mother so sad?
2. What is the climax of LUCY?
3. Lucy had to use a trick to make the girl in #74 eat stewed plums and ______________ .
4. What does Lucy do with letters from her mother?
5. At the park, Lucy and Peggy look for men with _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucy think about the seasons now that she is experiencing Autumn?
2. Whose side does Lucy take in the separation of Mariah and Lewis?
3. What is the content of the most recent letter Lucy has from her mother and how does she respond to it?
4. Who is Roland and how does Lucy meet him?
5. Why does Lucy tell her mother the tawdry details of her life, and how does her mother respond?
6. Who are Mariah's daughters and which one is Lucy's favorite?
7. Why do Lucy and Peggy decide to get an apartment together in spite of their waning friendship?
8. Who is Maude Quick and why does she reappear in Lucy's life?
9. Describe Lucy's friendship on the island with a girl named Myrna and why Lucy ultimately grew jealous of her.
10. What do the situations with Tanner and Hugh represent in Lucy's life?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)