|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children had Lucy's father had?
2. With which daughter is Lucy having dinner in Chapter 3?
3. What does Mariah feel about the person in #86?
(a) She is like one of the family.
(b) She is a bad influence.
(c) She will improve.
(d) She has come a long way.
4. What did the mothers of Lucy's father's children often do?
(a) Try to kill the other mothers' babies.
(b) Tutor all the children.
(c) Spend holidays together.
(d) Have communal dinners.
5. Who was the fisherman who had manually stimulated Lucy's friend back home?
(a) Mr. Potts.
(b) Mr. Beaulieu.
(c) Mr. Edwards.
(d) Mr. Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lucy and Peggy decide to do together?
2. Who is Lucy's friend whom Mariah thinks Lucy will miss at the lake?
3. How many younger brothers does Lucy have?
4. What does Lucy tell her mother in a letter?
5. How much is Lucy like her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What irony does Lucy note regarding Mariah's affluent lifestyle and her interest in environmental protection?
2. Why does Lucy tell her mother the tawdry details of her life, and how does her mother respond?
3. Why does Mariah not like Peggy?
4. Why does Lucy and Peggy's relationship begin to wane?
5. What is Lucy's relationship with Hugh?
6. Whose side does Lucy take in the separation of Mariah and Lewis?
7. Who is Lewis and what are Lucy's perceptions of him?
8. Who are Mariah's daughters and which one is Lucy's favorite?
9. What does Lucy think about the seasons now that she is experiencing Autumn?
10. Who is Dinah and what are Lucy's perceptions of her?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)