|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Mariah and Lewis' daughters?
2. What do Lewis and Mariah argue about one night at dinner?
(a) How to discipline the girls.
(b) Where they want to go on vacation.
(c) What animal is eating Lewis' garden.
(d) Who is the better driver.
3. What was Lucy's reaction when she learned that the fisherman had been paying her friend to be allowed to touch her?
4. Who arrives unexpectedly to see Lucy one night?
(a) Maude Quick.
(c) Her mother.
5. What did the mothers of Lucy's father's children often do?
(a) Tutor all the children.
(b) Try to kill the other mothers' babies.
(c) Have communal dinners.
(d) Spend holidays together.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people at the party are mostly _____________.
2. How much money had Lucy's father left Lucy's mother when he died?
3. Who was Lucy's friend who was manually stimulated by the fisherman?
4. What does Lucy determine has no taste?
5. What is Lewis' profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter four, what is the nature of Lucy and Peggy's relationship?
2. Who is Tanner and what role does he have in Lucy's life?
3. How does Lucy meet Hugh?
4. Who is Lewis and what are Lucy's perceptions of him?
5. What does Lucy think about the seasons now that she is experiencing Autumn?
6. Who is Roland and how does Lucy meet him?
7. Why do Lucy and Peggy decide to get an apartment together in spite of their waning friendship?
8. Who is Peggy and why does Lucy have second thoughts about a friendship with her?
9. What irony does Lucy note regarding Mariah's affluent lifestyle and her interest in environmental protection?
10. What is Lucy's relationship with Hugh?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)