|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lucy not permitted to do with the woman in #48?
(a) Drive her.
(b) Teach her.
(c) Speak to her.
(d) Cook for her.
2. What is Lucy's job?
(b) Au pair.
3. What does Lucy feel about Mariah's happiness?
(a) It is a nice change.
(b) She ignores it.
(c) It is annoying.
(d) It is incomprehensible.
4. How did the woman in #48 get the scar on her face?
(a) She was burned.
(b) She was in a brawl.
(c) She was bitten.
(d) She was in a car accident.
5. Why is Mariah sad on the first day of Spring?
(a) Her tulips are not blooming.
(b) There is a tornado.
(c) There is a snowstorm.
(d) She has to work on a weekend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Lucy NOT consider to be part of her life?
2. How does Lucy feel sometimes in her new home?
3. What does Mariah ask Lucy at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Where did Lucy grow up?
5. Where did Lucy store letters from her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter One begin?
2. How did Lucy fit in with the family?
3. What is revealed about Lucy at the beginning of Chapter One?
4. Why has Lucy come to America?
5. What does Lucy feel about spring and why was Mariah sad on the first day of spring this year?
6. What is the overall description of Lucy that emerges from Chapter One?
7. What are some of the things that Lucy cannot stand and what does she not understand about the family?
8. How did homesickness set in for Lucy?
9. How do Lucy and Mariah seem to have a hard time getting to know each other?
10. How does Mariah represent Lucy's mother for Lucy?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)