|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lucy store letters from her family?
(a) In her bra.
(b) In a hat box.
(c) In a safe.
(d) In her suitcase.
2. Lucy sometimes comments that Mariah is ______________.
3. How does Lucy feel about winter in her new country?
(a) It is depressing.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is exhilirating.
(d) It is frightening.
4. Lucy's heart is full of _______________.
5. What does Mariah ask Lucy at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) If she has ever seen Spring.
(b) When her birthday is.
(c) If she needs any medical care.
(d) If she would like to go shopping for clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lucy headed at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. Mariah jokes about taking Lucy to see ________________ when Lucy relates a dream.
3. What does the maid try to teach Lucy to do?
4. How does Lucy communicate with her family back home?
5. How did Lucy's parents treat her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lucy's life become routine and depressing?
2. Why do Lucy and Mariah both feel bad over Lucy's story about daffodils?
3. How does Chapter One begin?
4. How can Mariah's personality be described?
5. What is the usual content of Lucy's mother's letters to her?
6. How does Lucy feel about Mariah's happiness?
7. What is the story of Sylvie?
8. What does Lucy note about the train ride to the Great Lakes?
9. How do Lucy and Mariah seem to have a hard time getting to know each other?
10. Who lived in the house where Lucy lived and worked?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)