|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucy not accept Mariah's love?
(a) Lucy does not trust her.
(b) Lucy shuns affection.
(c) Lucy is too old.
(d) Lucy already has a mother.
2. In what type of vehicle is Lucy traveling?
3. What does Lucy miss in her new life?
(a) Her pets.
(b) Her bike.
(c) Her school.
(d) Her family.
4. How did Lucy's parents treat her?
(a) They ignored her.
(b) They were permissive.
(c) They abused her.
(d) They were very strict.
5. What does Lucy do with the girls after their meal?
(a) Gives them a bath.
(b) Puts them to bed.
(c) Takes them for a walk.
(d) Reads to them.
6. Where did Lucy grow up?
(b) A Caribbean Island.
7. What do Mariah and Gus prepare for dinner one night?
(b) Vegetable Kabobs.
(c) BBQ Chicken.
8. What season does Lucy experience in Chapter 2?
9. What does Lucy do when the girls are away?
10. What does the family call Lucy?
(a) Miss Lucy.
(b) The Visitor.
(c) Island Girl.
(d) The Calypso Girl.
11. What does the weather feel like to Lucy?
12. How did the people in Lucy's new home treat her?
(a) They ignore her.
(b) They are nice to her.
(c) They berate her.
(d) They are rude to her.
13. How does Lucy communicate with her family back home?
(a) She writes letters.
(b) She texts them.
(c) She sends telegrams.
(d) She sends e-mails.
14. What is Lewis doing to Lucy in Lucy's dream?
(a) Teaching her.
(b) Beating her.
(c) Feeding her.
(d) Chasing her.
15. What habit does Mariah have?
(a) She goes shopping every day.
(b) She cleans constantly.
(c) She talks on the phone a lot.
(d) She sings constantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the wife of the family Lucy works for?
2. Lucy's heart is full of _______________.
3. How does Lucy fit in with the family?
4. How does Lucy feel about winter in her new country?
5. Who was Lucy's mother's friend who had a scar on her face?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)