|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the maid try to teach Lucy to do?
(a) Answer the phone.
2. What habit does Mariah have?
(a) She talks on the phone a lot.
(b) She sings constantly.
(c) She goes shopping every day.
(d) She cleans constantly.
3. What does Lucy want to do when Mariah takes her to a garden?
(a) Destroy the life there.
(b) Take some photos.
(c) Takes some seeds.
(d) Buy some plants.
4. Which of the following does Lucy NOT consider to be part of her life?
5. What memory does Lucy recall in Chapter 2?
(a) Tasting the rain.
(b) Planting sweet potatoes.
(c) Swimming in the ocean.
(d) Reciting a poem.
6. How does Lucy feel when she says something that hurts Mariah's feelings?
7. The maid tells Lucy that she talks like a ______________.
8. Lucy learns that _________________ since she left her home.
(a) The dog won't eat.
(b) It has not rained.
(c) Her mother cries every day.
(d) The house is silent.
9. Where did Lucy store letters from her family?
(a) In a hat box.
(b) In her suitcase.
(c) In a safe.
(d) In her bra.
10. What can Lucy not understand about the family for which she works?
(a) Why they are always angry.
(b) Why they go to church.
(c) Why they are so happy.
(d) How they got so rich.
11. What is Lewis doing to Lucy in Lucy's dream?
(a) Beating her.
(b) Chasing her.
(c) Feeding her.
(d) Teaching her.
12. What does the weather feel like to Lucy?
13. What is Lucy's perception of what she sees in Chapter 1?
(a) She is disappointed.
(b) She is enthusiastic.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is ecstatic.
14. What is Lucy's job?
(b) Au pair.
15. How old is Lucy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Lucy's manner of speaking be best described?
2. Why does Lucy not accept Mariah's love?
3. Lucy's heart is full of _______________.
4. Why is Lucy happy when she awakens the next morning?
5. Mariah jokes about taking Lucy to see ________________ when Lucy relates a dream.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)