|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lucy feel about letting Mariah get to know her?
(a) She loves to share her world with Mariah.
(b) She is too shy.
(c) She tells Mariah more than she meant to.
(d) She rebuffs Mariah.
2. How does Lucy communicate with her family back home?
(a) She writes letters.
(b) She texts them.
(c) She sends telegrams.
(d) She sends e-mails.
3. What memory does Lucy recall in Chapter 2?
(a) Tasting the rain.
(b) Reciting a poem.
(c) Swimming in the ocean.
(d) Planting sweet potatoes.
4. What is Lucy's perception of what she sees in Chapter 1?
(a) She is enthusiastic.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is ecstatic.
(d) She is disappointed.
5. How can Lucy's manner of speaking be best described?
6. What does Lucy do with the girls after their meal?
(a) Gives them a bath.
(b) Reads to them.
(c) Puts them to bed.
(d) Takes them for a walk.
7. What does Lucy do when the girls are away?
8. Who is the husband of the family Lucy works for?
9. What nationality is the person in #60?
10. What type of dress does Lucy put on?
11. Where is Lucy headed at the beginning of Chapter 1?
12. What meal does Lucy fix for the girls?
13. Lucy learns that _________________ since she left her home.
(a) It has not rained.
(b) The house is silent.
(c) The dog won't eat.
(d) Her mother cries every day.
14. How many girls does Lucy look after?
15. Why is Mariah sad on the first day of Spring?
(a) Her tulips are not blooming.
(b) There is a tornado.
(c) There is a snowstorm.
(d) She has to work on a weekend.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country is Lucy living?
2. Who was Lucy's mother's friend who had a scar on her face?
3. What was Lucy not permitted to do with the woman in #48?
4. Where did Lucy store letters from her family?
5. On one of their first dates, Mariah and Lewis watched a movie starring ___________________.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)