Chapter 1, Poor Visitor
• A young woman named Lucy iss traveling to an apartment from an airport and she iss both overwhelmed and disappointed by what she saw.
• The next morning Lucy is happy that the sun is shining and she goes outside in a madras dress even though it is cold outside.
• Lucy lives in the maid's room even though she is the au pair and everyone is nice to her, but she misses her island home and family.
• Lucy has four girls in her charge and soon her days become routine.
• Winter depressed Lucy, but she wrote positive letters home to her family.
• The family with whom Lucy lives includes a husband and wife, Lewis and Mariah, and their four little girls.
• The family begins to call Lucy the Visitor, and Lucy feels that she does not fit in with this happy family.
Chapter 2, Mariah
• Lucy has...
This section contains 1,338 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)