|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After living in the artist's colony, where does Alice move to?
2. What does Lila decide to do with her case?
3. When Alice goes to the lineup, what does she fret about that morning?
4. Jamie drives Alice home so that she can do what?
5. What is different about the one-way mirror Alice sees as opposed to the ones she sees on cop shows?
Essay Topic 1
Alice ends her memoir with the statement "Both hell and hope lie in the palm of my hand." Write an essay explaining this quote and Alice's ending and what conclusion she has come to.
Essay Topic 2
Think about the clothes Alice wears at important times in her life. Write an essay discussing the significance of the clothing Alice wears at critical points in the book, using at least three examples.
Essay Topic 3
Think about Alice's hallmates during her first year in college. Why do the girls try to prove to the others that they are more experienced? What kind of power does an experienced girl hold over the others? Be sure to use at least two examples.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)