|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what book was Alice quoted?
2. What question do several of the jurors ask Alice at the grand jury hearing?
3. What does Alice put in her bag as she is packing for home at the end of Chapter 10?
4. What does Sgt. Lorenz apologize to Alice for?
5. What descent does Alice mention that Gail is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What movie do Alice and Lila laugh at and get in trouble? Why is the man angry?
2. What mistake did the police make so that Alice has to go through the grand jury? Why does she have to do this?
3. What does Alice focus on when the defense attorneys question her? Why does she do this?
4. What is unusual about both Alice's doctor and her original attorney? Why won't they let Gail act as Alice's attorney?
5. What does Meggesto question Alice at length about? Why does he do this?
6. When Alice goes home for the summer, what do she and her mother do? What fuels Alice to do this?
7. In the beginning of their sophomore year, why do Mary Alice and Alice see less of each other? Who does Alice become friends with?
8. What does Alice's mother begin to do during Alice's junior year of college? What inspires her to do this?
9. What news does Alice hear about Maria Flores? What does Alice say to Lila about Maria?
10. When does Alice know that she chose the wrong suspect? What does her attorney say about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider Alice's reaction to Meggesto's questioning. Then write an essay from both sides of the argument, explaining why Meggesto would behave as he did to Alice and how Alice reacts to Meggesto.
Essay Topic 2
Think about Alice's boyfriend Steve Carbonaro, and his obsession with Man of La Mancha. Write an essay on how Alice's viewpoint differs from Steve's, and how the two inevitably break up as a result. Be sure to use examples in your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Think about the difference between Mary Alice and Linda. Write a compare/contrast essay between these two people and the comforts that Alice finds in them.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)