|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Alice and Jamie drink at Jamie's apartment?
2. What connection does Detective Murphy try and make with Alice while he is escorting her to trial?
3. What did Lila's attacker ask Lila while he was raping her?
4. When Alice goes to the lineup, what does she fret about that morning?
5. How many years is Madison sentenced to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question is popular that the grand jury asks Alice? What does Alice try to play up to the grand jury?
2. What number suspect does Alice mark? Why does she choose this one over the other?
3. What does Alice focus on when the defense attorneys question her? Why does she do this?
4. Who is asked to leave the room when Alice is at the lineup? Why is she asked to leave?
5. What happens to Lila while Alice is at a poetry reading? What is her reaction to Alice after her rape?
6. What outfit does Alice wear to her trial? What does Gail say is important about this?
7. What does Alice's mother begin to do during Alice's junior year of college? What inspires her to do this?
8. What is unusual about both Alice's doctor and her original attorney? Why won't they let Gail act as Alice's attorney?
9. When Alice goes to the lineup, what is she afraid of? What do the police assure her?
10. When does Alice know that she chose the wrong suspect? What does her attorney say about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about Linda's reaction to her rape, both to the case and to Alice. Write an essay about Lila's behavior after she was raped and the reasons for her actions. How do they differ from Alice? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 2
Think about Alice's statement that she did anything to get through her rape. Write an essay about the things that Alice did to appease her attacker and how this impacted her and others in their analysis of the case.
Essay Topic 3
After Alice leaves college, she struggles to find herself and deal with her emotions. Write an essay about the way Alice tries to disconnect herself from her emotions and the result of these actions.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)