|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sgt. Lorenz wearing an eye patch after Alice gets off the stand?
2. When Alice goes to the lineup, what does she fret about that morning?
3. What does the suspect agree to provide samples of?
4. What day does Alice's rape trial begin?
5. What connection does Detective Murphy try and make with Alice while he is escorting her to trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about Alice's hallmates during her first year in college. Why do the girls try to prove to the others that they are more experienced? What kind of power does an experienced girl hold over the others? Be sure to use at least two examples.
Essay Topic 2
Many times in her life, Alice makes up stories in place of real events. Write an essay on the nature of Alice's lies and why she does this. Make sure to provide at least three examples. What does she realize she cannot hide? Why would she try to?
Essay Topic 3
Think about the role of the police in Alice's case. Write an essay on the police presence in the book, spanning from the impersonal to personal, giving at least three examples.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)