|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lila raped?
2. What does Gail tell Alice about Dr. Husa, the woman who examined Alice on the night of her rape?
3. What descent does Alice mention that Gail is?
4. What does Meggesto ask Alice about during the preliminary hearing that hurts her a lot?
5. What famous person asks Alice for an interview?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake did the police make so that Alice has to go through the grand jury? Why does she have to do this?
2. On the day of her trail, why is Alice's father not allowed in the courtroom? What does Alice think about this?
3. What does Alice focus on when the defense attorneys question her? Why does she do this?
4. Who does Alice ask to come with her to the preliminary hearing? What happens that Alice is unaware of at the time but understands now?
5. What news does Alice hear about Maria Flores? What does Alice say to Lila about Maria?
6. During her junior year of college, who does Alice date? What does she like about him?
7. What movie do Alice and Lila laugh at and get in trouble? Why is the man angry?
8. What item does Alice have a hard time identifying during her trial? What makes her burst into tears shortly thereafter?
9. When does Alice know that she chose the wrong suspect? What does her attorney say about this?
10. What outfit does Alice wear to her trial? What does Gail say is important about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about Linda's reaction to her rape, both to the case and to Alice. Write an essay about Lila's behavior after she was raped and the reasons for her actions. How do they differ from Alice? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 2
Think about the difference between Mary Alice and Linda. Write a compare/contrast essay between these two people and the comforts that Alice finds in them.
Essay Topic 3
After Alice leaves college, she struggles to find herself and deal with her emotions. Write an essay about the way Alice tries to disconnect herself from her emotions and the result of these actions.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)