|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alice develop a crush on in her fiction class?
2. What does Paquette request before Alice's trial begins that is reminiscent of his actions during the lineup?
3. What happens to Alice on the night before her trial?
4. What do Alice and the officer talk about in the car on the way to the Public Safety Building?
5. What day does Alice's rape trial begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout her trail, Alice constantly enforces the fact that she was a virgin when she was raped. Write an essay on the importance of Alice's virginity on her case and what her trial might have been like if she had not been a virgin.
Essay Topic 2
While Alice's attacker is raping her, he says mean things to her and beats her. However, after the attack his behavior changes dramatically. Write an essay explaining this change in behavior towards Alice and what this might mean in terms of power and forgiveness.
Essay Topic 3
Think about the difference between Mary Alice and Linda. Write a compare/contrast essay between these two people and the comforts that Alice finds in them.
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)