|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question do several of the jurors ask Alice at the grand jury hearing?
2. What is Lila's last name?
3. Where does Alice say her prescription for glasses is from during the preliminary hearing?
4. What does Jamie tell Alice not to do the morning after they have sex?
5. What is Alice worried about when she goes to the lineup?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of their sophomore year, why do Mary Alice and Alice see less of each other? Who does Alice become friends with?
2. How many years is Madison sentenced to? What is Alice's mother's reaction when she tells her?
3. What does Alice focus on when the defense attorneys question her? Why does she do this?
4. When does Alice know that she chose the wrong suspect? What does her attorney say about this?
5. On the day of her trail, why is Alice's father not allowed in the courtroom? What does Alice think about this?
6. What lie does Alice tell Jamie one night when they are at the bar? Why does she tell him this?
7. After Alice finishes college, where does she go? Why is she happy to do this?
8. Where does Alice visit Maria Flores? Why is she there? What does she tell Alice?
9. When Alice goes home for the summer, what do she and her mother do? What fuels Alice to do this?
10. What outfit does Alice wear to her trial? What does Gail say is important about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Alice sees her rapist and things get hectic, Ken "wimps out." Write an essay on how Alice's view of Ken changes throughout her ordeal, providing at least three examples.
Essay Topic 2
Lucky is a memoir about actual events. Write a persuasive essay on the nature of memoir and how much of this book can be accepted as pure fact.
Essay Topic 3
Alice frets about the impression both her testimony and actions will make on her case. Write an essay about the importance of Alice's appearance while in the courtroom. Make sure you use at least three examples.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)