|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Alice and Jamie drink at Jamie's apartment?
2. Where does Alice go after college?
3. After living in the artist's colony, where does Alice move to?
4. What kind of pumps does Alice wear to the lineup?
5. What music do Alice and Jamie listen to in his apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the day of her trail, why is Alice's father not allowed in the courtroom? What does Alice think about this?
2. When does Alice know that she chose the wrong suspect? What does her attorney say about this?
3. What outfit does Alice wear to her trial? What does Gail say is important about this?
4. What number suspect does Alice mark? Why does she choose this one over the other?
5. Who does Alice ask to come with her to the preliminary hearing? What happens that Alice is unaware of at the time but understands now?
6. What movie do Alice and Lila laugh at and get in trouble? Why is the man angry?
7. In the beginning of their sophomore year, why do Mary Alice and Alice see less of each other? Who does Alice become friends with?
8. What is the name of Alice's attorney? Why does Alice like her attorney?
9. What is unusual about both Alice's doctor and her original attorney? Why won't they let Gail act as Alice's attorney?
10. What does Alice focus on when the defense attorneys question her? Why does she do this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Read Alice's poem "If They Caught You," annotating and analyzing the poem. Then write an essay analyzing the stylistic elements of the poem, and how they contribute to the tone and meaning of the poem.
Essay Topic 2
Alice frets about the impression both her testimony and actions will make on her case. Write an essay about the importance of Alice's appearance while in the courtroom. Make sure you use at least three examples.
Essay Topic 3
When Alice sees her rapist and things get hectic, Ken "wimps out." Write an essay on how Alice's view of Ken changes throughout her ordeal, providing at least three examples.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)