|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lila's father take the group for dinner?
2. Where was Lila raped?
3. What is Madison's bail set at?
4. How many Arab dialects does Alice say her sister mastered?
5. What connection does Detective Murphy try and make with Alice while he is escorting her to trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is asked to leave the room when Alice is at the lineup? Why is she asked to leave?
2. When does Alice know that she chose the wrong suspect? What does her attorney say about this?
3. When Alice goes home for the summer, what do she and her mother do? What fuels Alice to do this?
4. What item does Alice have a hard time identifying during her trial? What makes her burst into tears shortly thereafter?
5. What movie do Alice and Lila laugh at and get in trouble? Why is the man angry?
6. What question is popular that the grand jury asks Alice? What does Alice try to play up to the grand jury?
7. When Alice goes to the lineup, what is she afraid of? What do the police assure her?
8. In the beginning of their sophomore year, why do Mary Alice and Alice see less of each other? Who does Alice become friends with?
9. What does Meggesto ask Alice about that hurts her? Why does she have this reaction?
10. What does Meggesto question Alice at length about? Why does he do this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about Alice's boyfriend Steve Carbonaro, and his obsession with Man of La Mancha. Write an essay on how Alice's viewpoint differs from Steve's, and how the two inevitably break up as a result. Be sure to use examples in your argument.
Essay Topic 2
After Alice leaves college, she struggles to find herself and deal with her emotions. Write an essay about the way Alice tries to disconnect herself from her emotions and the result of these actions.
Essay Topic 3
While Alice's attacker is raping her, he says mean things to her and beats her. However, after the attack his behavior changes dramatically. Write an essay explaining this change in behavior towards Alice and what this might mean in terms of power and forgiveness.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)