|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Alice's rape trial begin?
2. What kind of pumps does Alice wear to the lineup?
3. What is the name of the ADA that flirts with Professor Gallagher?
4. Who does Alice ask to go with her to the primary hearing?
5. What is Madison's bail set at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alice's mother begin to do during Alice's junior year of college? What inspires her to do this?
2. What question is popular that the grand jury asks Alice? What does Alice try to play up to the grand jury?
3. When does Alice know that she chose the wrong suspect? What does her attorney say about this?
4. When Alice goes home for the summer, what do she and her mother do? What fuels Alice to do this?
5. What is unusual about both Alice's doctor and her original attorney? Why won't they let Gail act as Alice's attorney?
6. Who is asked to leave the room when Alice is at the lineup? Why is she asked to leave?
7. What movie do Alice and Lila laugh at and get in trouble? Why is the man angry?
8. On the day of her trail, why is Alice's father not allowed in the courtroom? What does Alice think about this?
9. What item does Alice have a hard time identifying during her trial? What makes her burst into tears shortly thereafter?
10. What is the name of Alice's attorney? Why does Alice like her attorney?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about the difference between Mary Alice and Linda. Write a compare/contrast essay between these two people and the comforts that Alice finds in them.
Essay Topic 2
Think about the clothes Alice wears at important times in her life. Write an essay discussing the significance of the clothing Alice wears at critical points in the book, using at least three examples.
Essay Topic 3
Many times in her life, Alice makes up stories in place of real events. Write an essay on the nature of Alice's lies and why she does this. Make sure to provide at least three examples. What does she realize she cannot hide? Why would she try to?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)