|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Alice and her mother watch while they are trying to lose weight?
2. What is the last question the ADA asks Alice before he turns questioning over to the defense attorney?
3. When Alice goes to the lineup, what does she fret about that morning?
4. In what course does Alice meet Marc?
5. What does Paquette request before Alice's trial begins that is reminiscent of his actions during the lineup?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alice's mother begin to do during Alice's junior year of college? What inspires her to do this?
2. What does Meggesto question Alice at length about? Why does he do this?
3. What news does Alice hear about Maria Flores? What does Alice say to Lila about Maria?
4. What mistake did the police make so that Alice has to go through the grand jury? Why does she have to do this?
5. What movie do Alice and Lila laugh at and get in trouble? Why is the man angry?
6. On the day of her trail, why is Alice's father not allowed in the courtroom? What does Alice think about this?
7. How many years is Madison sentenced to? What is Alice's mother's reaction when she tells her?
8. What happens to Alice the night before her trial? What does her father tell her to do?
9. What item does Alice have a hard time identifying during her trial? What makes her burst into tears shortly thereafter?
10. When Alice goes home for the summer, what do she and her mother do? What fuels Alice to do this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many times in her life, Alice makes up stories in place of real events. Write an essay on the nature of Alice's lies and why she does this. Make sure to provide at least three examples. What does she realize she cannot hide? Why would she try to?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout her trail, Alice constantly enforces the fact that she was a virgin when she was raped. Write an essay on the importance of Alice's virginity on her case and what her trial might have been like if she had not been a virgin.
Essay Topic 3
Think about the difference between Mary Alice and Linda. Write a compare/contrast essay between these two people and the comforts that Alice finds in them.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)