|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the one-way mirror Alice sees as opposed to the ones she sees on cop shows?
2. What is the name of the artists colony Alice goes to?
3. What class is Alice unable to speak in during her sophomore year?
4. Where was Lila raped?
5. What movie do Alice and Lila get in trouble for laughing at?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Alice goes home for the summer, what do she and her mother do? What fuels Alice to do this?
2. When does Alice know that she chose the wrong suspect? What does her attorney say about this?
3. After Alice finishes college, where does she go? Why is she happy to do this?
4. During her junior year of college, who does Alice date? What does she like about him?
5. What movie do Alice and Lila laugh at and get in trouble? Why is the man angry?
6. In the beginning of their sophomore year, why do Mary Alice and Alice see less of each other? Who does Alice become friends with?
7. What happens to Alice the night before her trial? What does her father tell her to do?
8. What does Meggesto ask Alice about that hurts her? Why does she have this reaction?
9. Who does Alice ask to come with her to the preliminary hearing? What happens that Alice is unaware of at the time but understands now?
10. Who is asked to leave the room when Alice is at the lineup? Why is she asked to leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider Alice's reaction to Meggesto's questioning. Then write an essay from both sides of the argument, explaining why Meggesto would behave as he did to Alice and how Alice reacts to Meggesto.
Essay Topic 2
Think about Alice's statement that she did anything to get through her rape. Write an essay about the things that Alice did to appease her attacker and how this impacted her and others in their analysis of the case.
Essay Topic 3
Think about Alice's boyfriend Steve Carbonaro, and his obsession with Man of La Mancha. Write an essay on how Alice's viewpoint differs from Steve's, and how the two inevitably break up as a result. Be sure to use examples in your argument.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)