|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important day does Alice's trial coincide with?
2. What does Lila decide to do with her case?
3. What condition is Maria Flores in the next time Alice sees her?
4. Where was Lila raped?
5. What class is Alice unable to speak in during her sophomore year?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the day of her trail, why is Alice's father not allowed in the courtroom? What does Alice think about this?
2. What movie do Alice and Lila laugh at and get in trouble? Why is the man angry?
3. What is the name of Alice's attorney? Why does Alice like her attorney?
4. What does Alice focus on when the defense attorneys question her? Why does she do this?
5. How many years is Madison sentenced to? What is Alice's mother's reaction when she tells her?
6. What question is popular that the grand jury asks Alice? What does Alice try to play up to the grand jury?
7. What happens to Alice the night before her trial? What does her father tell her to do?
8. During her junior year of college, who does Alice date? What does she like about him?
9. What news does Alice hear about Maria Flores? What does Alice say to Lila about Maria?
10. What outfit does Alice wear to her trial? What does Gail say is important about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about Alice's boyfriend Steve Carbonaro, and his obsession with Man of La Mancha. Write an essay on how Alice's viewpoint differs from Steve's, and how the two inevitably break up as a result. Be sure to use examples in your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Think about Alice's hallmates during her first year in college. Why do the girls try to prove to the others that they are more experienced? What kind of power does an experienced girl hold over the others? Be sure to use at least two examples.
Essay Topic 3
While Alice's attacker is raping her, he says mean things to her and beats her. However, after the attack his behavior changes dramatically. Write an essay explaining this change in behavior towards Alice and what this might mean in terms of power and forgiveness.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)