|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pumps does Alice wear to the lineup?
2. At what college does Alice find a teaching job?
3. What is the name of the dog Alice sits with on the Fourth of July and watches fireworks?
4. What famous person asks Alice for an interview?
5. What happens to Alice when she is at the poetry reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Alice hear about Maria Flores? What does Alice say to Lila about Maria?
2. What important day does Alice's trial fall on? What do they do to try and fix this?
3. What happens to Lila while Alice is at a poetry reading? What is her reaction to Alice after her rape?
4. What does Alice's mother begin to do during Alice's junior year of college? What inspires her to do this?
5. Where does Alice visit Maria Flores? Why is she there? What does she tell Alice?
6. When does Alice know that she chose the wrong suspect? What does her attorney say about this?
7. What does Meggesto ask Alice about that hurts her? Why does she have this reaction?
8. What movie do Alice and Lila laugh at and get in trouble? Why is the man angry?
9. What question is popular that the grand jury asks Alice? What does Alice try to play up to the grand jury?
10. How many years is Madison sentenced to? What is Alice's mother's reaction when she tells her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about Alice's family while she was growing up. Write an essay on how Alice's childhood shapes her behavior as an adult, making sure to provide at least three strong examples.
Essay Topic 2
Think about Alice's hallmates during her first year in college. Why do the girls try to prove to the others that they are more experienced? What kind of power does an experienced girl hold over the others? Be sure to use at least two examples.
Essay Topic 3
Alice ends her memoir with the statement "Both hell and hope lie in the palm of my hand." Write an essay explaining this quote and Alice's ending and what conclusion she has come to.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)