|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice do with the prescription?
2. What is the name of the representative from the Rape Crisis Center?
3. What is the name of the psychiatrist that Alice sees only once?
4. What does Alice tell Tom McAllister when he comes to visit her?
5. What does Alice put on hoping to impress her mother when she comes?
Short Essay Questions
1. On Alice's first day of Gallagher's class, what does Tess do? Why does she do this?
2. As the attacker is raping Alice, what does Alice begin to think of? What does she start doing?
3. What does Mary Alice do before Alice leaves with her mother? Why does she do this?
4. What does Tobias Wolff tell Alice before he lets her leave class? Why does he say this?
5. What show does Alice find uncomfortable watching with her family? Why is she uncomfortable about it?
6. When Alice is grabbed from behind, what does the man say to her? What is her response?
7. What does the attacker take from Alice? What does Alice notice he overlooks as he robs her?
8. What is the name of Father Breuninger's son? What happened to him while Alice was in college?
9. What does Alice say to her mother about the men they pass while driving to pick Mary up from college? How does her mother respond to this?
10. Who was Alice with earlier in the night? What did they do together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider Alice's reaction to Meggesto's questioning. Then write an essay from both sides of the argument, explaining why Meggesto would behave as he did to Alice and how Alice reacts to Meggesto.
Essay Topic 2
Think about Alice's family while she was growing up. Write an essay on how Alice's childhood shapes her behavior as an adult, making sure to provide at least three strong examples.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout her trail, Alice constantly enforces the fact that she was a virgin when she was raped. Write an essay on the importance of Alice's virginity on her case and what her trial might have been like if she had not been a virgin.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)