|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice hold on to while the man drags her to the tunnel?
(a) A rock.
(b) A tree stump.
(c) An iron fence.
(d) The tall grass.
2. What happened to Father Breuninger's son Paul while Alice was away at school?
(a) He got in a drunk driving accident.
(b) He attacked and robbed the town florist.
(c) He overdosed on acid.
(d) He attacked Myra and her husband.
3. Whose room does Alice stay in while she waits for her mother?
(c) Mary Alice's.
4. What does Alice eat while she is waiting for her mother?
(a) An apple.
(b) A doughnut.
(c) A bagel.
(d) A cracker.
5. What literary character does Steve compare Alice to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice say to her attacker when he says he is sorry?
2. What kind of shoes is Alice wearing when she was attacked?
3. What is the ethnicity of the owner of the mom-and-pop store that Alice frequents at college?
4. Who does Alice call as soon as she sees her rapist?
5. What had Tree and Diane forgotten to bring Alice when she is dressing at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alice's father do for a living? How did this affect Alice as a child?
2. Who does Alice ask to help her shower? What makes Alice send her away?
3. On Alice's first day of Gallagher's class, what does Tess do? Why does she do this?
4. After the attack is finished, what does the rapist say to Alice? What does he offer her?
5. When Alice is having her poem work-shopped, who refuses to comment? How does Alice feel about this?
6. When Alice is grabbed from behind, what does the man say to her? What is her response?
7. What is the name of Father Breuninger's son? What happened to him while Alice was in college?
8. What does Tobias Wolff tell Alice before he lets her leave class? Why does he say this?
9. When do people say a woman stops fighting? What does Alice say about this?
10. During her first year at Syracuse, who does Alice become friends with in her poetry class? What love triangle do they form?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)