|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the officer share with Alice about his experience with rape?
(a) His sister was raped.
(b) His neice was raped.
(c) His mother was raped.
(d) His wife was raped when she was young?
2. What does Alice think about while her attacker is raping her?
(a) Ethel Merman.
(c) Her mother.
3. Who took photos of Alice earlier in the night?
(a) Ken Michaels.
(b) Kenny Loggins.
(c) Ken Charette.
(d) Ken Childs.
4. What is the name of Alice's poetry workshop teacher?
(a) Al Tripodi.
(b) Mark Mothersbaugh.
(c) Tobias Wolff.
(d) Tess Gallagher.
5. What is Alice holding in the pictures she took earlier in the night?
(a) A flower.
(b) A box of raisins.
(c) A jar of pickles.
(d) A can of peanuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the psychiatrist that Alice sees only once?
2. What are the names of the two boys that Alice became good friends with at college during her freshman year?
3. What famous book did Tobias Wolff write?
4. What movie "scared the hell" out of Alice when she was young?
5. What is the ethnicity of the owner of the mom-and-pop store that Alice frequents at college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What play is Steve Carbonaro obsessed with? What character does he compare Alice to?
2. Who was Alice with earlier in the night? What did they do together?
3. Who does Alice ask to help her shower? What makes Alice send her away?
4. What does Alice's Dad question about the rape? How does this make Alice feel?
5. What did Alice's mother struggle with while Alice and her sister were growing up? What causes her condition?
6. What does Alice see in the elevator in Mary's college dorm? What happened to this girl?
7. When Alice is having her poem work-shopped, who refuses to comment? How does Alice feel about this?
8. When Alice starts fighting her attacker, what does she say her cries do? What does her struggle do to the attacker?
9. Whose room does Alice go to after she is attacked? What is the girl's reaction?
10. When Alice comes home after the rape, what does Alice say that shocks her father? Why does she do this?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)