|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice tell her attacker when he tells her she is going to have a baby?
(a) That she won't because she was raped.
(b) That she is barren.
(c) That she'll have and abortion.
(d) That she will give him her number in case.
2. What does Alice think about while her attacker is raping her?
(a) Ethel Merman.
(b) Her mother.
3. What is the name of the boy that Alice showed photos of to her hallmates during her freshman year?
4. What does Alice ask the nurse when she comes in to check on her?
(a) Whether they found her attacker.
(b) Why they are keeping her.
(c) Whether she can shower.
(d) When she can call her mother.
5. What is the name of the boy that comes to visit Alice's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice say are the two styles of neighborhood available?
2. After Alice makes her composite, what do the police do next?
3. What does Alice put on hoping to impress her mother when she comes?
4. What is the first line of Alice's workshop poem?
5. What does Professor Wolff tell Alice after she tells him about her rapist?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Alice starts fighting her attacker, what does she say her cries do? What does her struggle do to the attacker?
2. What does Alice's father do for a living? How did this affect Alice as a child?
3. When Alice comes home after the rape, what does Alice say that shocks her father? Why does she do this?
4. When do people say a woman stops fighting? What does Alice say about this?
5. What does the psychiatrist prescribe Alice with to help her calm down? What is Alice's reaction to this?
6. Who among the church parishioners does Alice bond with? What did this person do for Alice when she was growing up?
7. What play is Steve Carbonaro obsessed with? What character does he compare Alice to?
8. During her first year at Syracuse, who does Alice become friends with in her poetry class? What love triangle do they form?
9. When Alice first sees her rapist, what does he say to her? How does Alice respond?
10. When Alice and Ken go with the officer to look for her rapist, what is unusual about the officer's behavior? Why does he behave like this?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)