Chapters 1 through 3
• The memoir begins with a dedication to Glen David Gold.
• An author's note follows, saying that names have been changes to protect privacy.
• The memoir starts with the main character, Alice, talking about the tunnel where she was raped.
• Alice thinks about a girl who was murdered in the tunnel while she is being raped.
• The police say she was lucky in comparison.
• In the tunnel, Alice sees a pink hair tie and associates it with the dead girl.
• Alice tells the story of her rape, starting with the assailant grabbing her from behind.
• He tells her not to scream or he will kill her. She screams.
• He beats her and then drags her to the tunnel.
• The man tells her to take off her clothes, and she begins to beg and cry.
• Alice tells the man she is a virgin. He says he does not...
This section contains 2,211 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)