|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the taxi after the dance, what reason does Christine give Dixon for why her previous relationships ended?
2. Who tells Dixon to meet Christine at the train station?
3. In Chapter 16, how does Atkinson try to stop Margaret's fit for the second time?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Margaret ask Dixon?
5. How does Gore-Urquhart help Dixon before his lecture?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Margaret react when Dixon says they should stop seeing each other in Chapter 16?
2. Why is Margaret upset with Dixon the day after the dance?
3. What happens when Dixon asks the taxi driver to go to Welch's?
4. Why can't Dixon cancel his date with Christine over the phone?
5. What happens after Dixon and Christine kiss for the first time?
6. In Chapter 17, how does Dixon reflect on his "Merrie England" lecture?
7. What happens when Dixon and Bertrand get into a fistfight?
8. How does the audience react to Dixon's lecture?
9. What happens the first time Mr. Catchpole calls Dixon?
10. In Chapter 16, how does Dixon try to get even with Johns?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what makes "Lucky Jim" a comedy. How does this genre fit with the novel? How is it effective? How is it ineffective?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the struggle between classes that is explored in "Lucky Jim". What is the message about class systems?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the art festival to the lecture event. Consider what even event represents, the emotions tied to each and how the event affects the novel as a whole.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)