|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What allows Dixon to avoid singing the song Welch picks out at the art festival?
2. In Chapter 4, what is wrong with the song Welch chooses for Dixon to sing?
3. In Chapter 5, why does Dixon sneak to his bedroom?
4. In Chapter 11, what confuses Dixon about Christine while dancing with her?
5. When Bertrand criticizes Dixon at the art festival, who rescues him from being alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how does Dixon react to Mr. Michie's conversation?
2. How does Dixon help Christine in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 8, what do Welch and Dixon discuss in Welch's office?
4. In Chapter 10, what role does Gore-Urquhart play at the dance?
5. What does Margaret tell Dixon about the art festival in Chapter 2?
6. How does Dixon end up asking Margaret to the dance?
7. How does Bertrand's introduction in Chapter 4 affect Dixon?
8. How does Atkinson help Dixon in Chapter 7?
9. Why does Bertrand come to the campus?
10. In Chapter 11, what does Christine tell Dixon about Johns?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the theme of luck in this novel. Consider its relation to the title as well as to the characters and plot.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the struggle between classes that is explored in "Lucky Jim". What is the message about class systems?
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on higher education?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)