|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dixon live?
2. In Chapter 1, why does Welch say he wants to see Dixon's article published?
3. What does Dixon worry about when Johns walks in the room after his phone call with Christine in Chapter 9?
4. What makes Dixon suspicious of Bertrand and Carol in Chapter 5?
5. Why is Bertrand excited to meet Mr. Julius Gore-Urquhart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Dixon's reservations about taking part in the art festival?
2. How does Dixon help Christine in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Bertrand come to the campus?
4. How does Dixon feel about his probationary teaching position?
5. In Chapter 3, how does Dixon react to Mr. Michie's conversation?
6. How does Carol act at the university dance?
7. What does Margaret think about Dixon's burn holes he left in Welch's room?
8. What do Margaret and Dixon talk about when she is first released from the hospital?
9. How does Dixon react to the burn holes he makes at the Welches'?
10. In Chapter 10, what role does Gore-Urquhart play at the dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Lucky Jim" is a plotted novel that follows a traditional plot development. Examine the development and formation of this plot. Explain the purpose this type of plot serves and if you believe it is effective or not.
Essay Topic 2
How does the college setting affect this novel? What other settings highlight the impact of the college campus?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two of the women in this novel. What is the author's commentary on womanhood?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)