|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dixon tell the cab to wait in Chapter 13?
(a) Around the corner.
(b) Behind the building.
(c) In front of the building.
(d) Down the block.
2. In Chapter 15, why does Dixon hurry out a window?
(a) He doesn't want to spend the night.
(b) He doesn't want to hurt Christine's feelings.
(c) He knows the door squeaks.
(d) He hears the Welches.
3. Why does Dixon stop kissing Christine for the second time?
(a) It's getting late.
(b) She doesn't seem interested.
(c) Welch comes home.
(d) Dixon is tired.
4. How does the meeting Welch makes with Dixon in Chapter 17 interfere with his plans?
(a) It will take up time he need to work on his lecture.
(b) It will give him more work than he can do.
(c) It's the same day as his lecture is due.
(d) It's the same time he's supposed to meet Christine.
5. In Chapter 17, what does Welch do when he runs into Dixon at the library?
(a) Gives him a second lecture job.
(b) Tells him to finish his lecture sooner.
(c) Gives him a list of books to check out.
(d) Asks him to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dixon go to breakfast early in Chapter 17?
2. While in the taxi after the dance, what does Christine say about dating an artist?
3. After their first kiss, what does Dixon say about Margaret?
4. In Chapter 16, how does Atkinson try to stop Margaret's fit the first time?
5. What do Gore-Urquhart and Dixon agree upon about the lecture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the first time Mr. Catchpole calls Dixon?
2. In Chapter 18, why is Dixon upset with Welch's offer of dinner?
3. After the dance, why does Dixon have the taxi wait around the corner?
4. In Chapter 18, what does Mrs. Welch accuse Dixon of?
5. How does Atkinson try to calm down Margaret in Chapter 16?
6. What happens when Dixon and Christine meet for tea?
7. What happens to Dixon after he learns he will lose his university job?
8. How does Dixon give his "Merrie England" lecture?
9. While in the taxi after the dance, what does Christine reveal to Dixon about her emotional state?
10. Why does Christine ask Dixon to meet her at the train station?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)