|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the taxi, what does Christine ask Dixon about her relationship with Bertrand?
(a) If he is cheating on her.
(b) If she should marry him.
(c) If she is doing the right thing.
(d) If he is a good match for her.
2. While in the taxi after the dance, to whom does Dixon compare Bertrand?
(d) A child.
3. While in the taxi after the dance, what does Christine say about dating an artist?
(a) That it's harder than dating other men.
(b) That it's more romantic than dating other men.
(c) That it's easier than dating other men.
(d) That it gets boring when he talks about his work.
4. When Mrs. Welch confronts Dixon about the burned sheets, what does Dixon do?
(a) Tells her he knows who really did it.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Denies he did anything.
(d) Offers to pay for the damage.
5. While Johns reads the letter Dixon wrote, how do Dixon and his friends react?
(a) They try to ignore him.
(b) They leave the room.
(c) They try not to laugh.
(d) They crack jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, why does Mr. Catchpole call Dixon?
2. Why does Welch invite Dixon to his house in Chapter 18?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Welch do when he runs into Dixon at the library?
4. How does Dixon learn he has been fired from the university?
5. What do Gore-Urquhart and Dixon agree upon about the lecture?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how does Welch interfere with Dixon's work on the "Merrie England" lecture?
2. What happens to Dixon after he learns he will lose his university job?
3. What happens after Dixon and Christine kiss for the first time?
4. In Chapter 17, how does Dixon reflect on his "Merrie England" lecture?
5. In Chapter 16, how does Dixon try to get even with Johns?
6. What happens the first time Mr. Catchpole calls Dixon?
7. In Chapter 18, why is Dixon upset with Welch's offer of dinner?
8. While in the taxi after the dance, what does Christine reveal to Dixon about her emotional state?
9. Why is Margaret upset with Dixon the day after the dance?
10. How does the audience react to Dixon's lecture?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)