|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dixon punch Bertrand?
(a) The arm.
(b) The ear.
(c) The chin.
(d) The eye.
2. After their first kiss, where do Dixon and Christine agree to meet on Tuesday?
(a) A hotel restaurant.
(b) A closed classroom.
(c) A park.
(d) A coffee shop.
3. In Chapter 18, what does Bertrand say to Dixon about Christine?
(a) That he needs to treat her well.
(b) That she hates him.
(c) That he's wasting his time on her.
(d) That she will trick him.
4. What does Dixon tell Christine should not be viewed objectively?
5. Where does the taxi stop on the way to Welch's?
(a) A bar.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A rest stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the taxi after the dance, what does Christine say about dating an artist?
2. In Chapter 15, why does Dixon hurry out a window?
3. What do Gore-Urquhart and Dixon agree upon about the lecture?
4. What does Dixon do when he sees the Welch family in Chapter 25?
5. In Chapter 17, why do Dixon and Beesley go to the common room?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what does Mrs. Welch accuse Dixon of?
2. In Chapter 18, why is Dixon upset with Welch's offer of dinner?
3. When Catchpole meets with Dixon, what does he tell him?
4. What happens when Dixon asks the taxi driver to go to Welch's?
5. In Chapter 16, how does Dixon try to get even with Johns?
6. How does Dixon respond when Christine says she could marry without loving someone?
7. How does Atkinson try to calm down Margaret in Chapter 16?
8. Why is Margaret upset with Dixon the day after the dance?
9. How does Dixon give his "Merrie England" lecture?
10. While in the taxi after the dance, how does Christine describe her relationship with Bertrand?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)