|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their first kiss, where do Dixon and Christine agree to meet on Tuesday?
(a) A park.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A hotel restaurant.
(d) A closed classroom.
2. While in the taxi, what does Christine ask Dixon about her relationship with Bertrand?
(a) If she is doing the right thing.
(b) If he is a good match for her.
(c) If she should marry him.
(d) If he is cheating on her.
3. What does Dixon do when he sees the Welch family in Chapter 25?
(a) Ignores them.
(c) Yells at them.
4. Where does Dixon punch Bertrand?
(a) The chin.
(b) The ear.
(c) The arm.
(d) The eye.
5. In Chapter 18, how does Dixon describe his relationship with Margaret?
(a) As fate.
(b) As a duty.
(c) As a mockery.
(d) As torture.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their first kiss, what does Dixon say about Margaret?
2. In Chapter 15, why does Dixon hurry out a window?
3. Where does Dixon tell the cab to wait in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 18, what does Bertrand say to Dixon about Christine?
5. What happens at the end of Dixon's lecture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dixon and Christine meet for tea?
2. When Catchpole meets with Dixon, what does he tell him?
3. Why does Christine ask Dixon to meet her at the train station?
4. How does the audience react to Dixon's lecture?
5. While in the taxi after the dance, what does Christine tell Dixon about Bertrand's art?
6. In Chapter 17, how does Welch interfere with Dixon's work on the "Merrie England" lecture?
7. What happens to Dixon after he learns he will lose his university job?
8. While in the taxi after the dance, what does Christine reveal to Dixon about her emotional state?
9. In Chapter 17, how does Dixon reflect on his "Merrie England" lecture?
10. Why can't Dixon cancel his date with Christine over the phone?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)