|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the last person Dixon calls in Chapter 9?
(c) Mrs. Welch.
2. Why did Margaret try to commit suicide?
(a) It was an accident.
(b) A failed romance.
(c) She lost her job.
(d) No one knows.
3. Who offers to help Dixon hide the burn hole on the rug?
4. After talking with Michie about the class syllabus, what does Dixon decide to do?
(a) Make it heavier.
(b) Make it lighter.
(c) Have someone else write it.
(d) Keep it the same.
5. In Chapter 9, why does Dixon pretend not to know if Bertrand is attending the dance?
(a) He doesn't want to get involved.
(b) He wants to go with Christine.
(c) He doesn't want to upset Christine.
(d) He doesn't know for sure if he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dixon have to walk through to get to his bedroom?
2. What does Dixon worry about while kissing Margaret in Chapter 5?
3. What does Dixon do at the end of Chapter 8?
4. How does Chapter 11 begin?
5. What does Margaret tell Dixon about Carol's reaction to not going to the dance with Bertrand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Margaret think about Dixon's burn holes he left in Welch's room?
2. In Chapter 5, what happens between Dixon and Margaret?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Dixon see when he first returns to the house?
4. In Chapter 1, what article does Welch want published and why?
5. How does Dixon help Christine in Chapter 9?
6. In Chapter 4, what makes Dixon nervous about the music?
7. What does Dixon do when Christine asks about Carol in Chapter 11?
8. Why does Bertrand come to the campus?
9. How does Atkinson help Dixon in Chapter 7?
10. What do Margaret and Dixon talk about when she is first released from the hospital?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)