|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret tell Dixon about Carol's reaction to not going to the dance with Bertrand?
(a) She was sad.
(b) She was angry.
(c) She didn't care.
(d) She was happy.
2. In Chapter 10, what does Dixon decide to tell Margaret about what he knows about Carol and Bertrand?
(a) He decides to ask questions to see if she knows.
(b) He decides to drop hints.
(c) He decides to tell her everything.
(d) He decides to tell her nothing.
3. While drinking at the bar during the dance, what does Margaret tell Dixon about her feelings for him?
(a) She may hate him.
(b) She's beginning to love him.
(c) She doesn't care for him anymore.
(d) She's too fond of him.
4. What makes Dixon suspicious of Bertrand and Carol in Chapter 5?
(a) When Welch makes a suggestive statement.
(b) When he reads a note from Christine.
(c) When he hears Carol talking about Bertrand.
(d) When he sees them hug.
5. Who is the last person Dixon calls in Chapter 9?
(b) Mrs. Welch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what is the first thing Carol asks Dixon?
2. Where do Dixon and Margaret go for drinks in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 2, why does Dixon continue to agree to take part in art week?
4. Whom does Carol end up going to the dance with?
5. What is Dixon's first impression of Bertrand?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what makes Dixon nervous about the music?
2. In Chapter 4, what do Dixon, Bertrand, and Christine argue about?
3. What does Dixon do when Christine asks about Carol in Chapter 11?
4. How does Dixon react to the burn holes he makes at the Welches'?
5. In Chapter 5, what happens between Dixon and Margaret?
6. In Chapter 8, what do Welch and Dixon discuss in Welch's office?
7. How does Carol act at the university dance?
8. In Chapter 1, what article does Welch want published and why?
9. What advice does Carol give Dixon while they dance?
10. In Chapter 11, what does Dixon talk to Christine about in regard to his phone call to the Welches'?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)