|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what confuses Dixon about Christine while dancing with her?
(a) How she could love Bertrand.
(b) Her true character.
(c) Her dreams for the future.
(d) The way she speaks.
2. How does Dixon know Margaret?
(a) She is one of his bosses.
(b) She is also a lecturer.
(c) She is a student.
(d) She is an ex-girlfriend.
3. In Chapter 12, why does Dixon say he wouldn't attempt to go after Christine romantically?
(a) Because she is out of his class.
(b) Because he respects Bertrand.
(c) Because he has to be careful of Margaret.
(d) Because he doesn't like her.
4. How does Bertrand feel about Dixon's suggestion that the rich help the poor?
(a) He is offended.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is intrigued.
(d) He is proud.
5. In Chapter 1, how does Dixon describe Welch's feelings toward music?
(a) He says it is Welch's friend.
(b) He says it is Welch's bane.
(c) He says it is Welch's career.
(d) He says it is Welch's passion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why does Dixon sneak to his bedroom?
2. How does Margaret react to the burn holes Dixon left in his room?
3. What does Dixon ask Mr. Atkinson to do in Chapter 3?
4. How does Christine describe Dixon's trick of pretending to be a reporter?
5. In Chapter 9, why does Christine call?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Margaret tell Dixon about the art festival in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 5, what does Dixon see when he first returns to the house?
3. Why does Dixon decide to call a taxi at the end of the dance?
4. How does Atkinson help Dixon in Chapter 7?
5. What are Dixon's reservations about taking part in the art festival?
6. What happens when Dixon pretends to be a reporter on the phone?
7. Why does Bertrand come to the campus?
8. In Chapter 10, what role does Gore-Urquhart play at the dance?
9. How does Dixon help Christine in Chapter 9?
10. What advice does Carol give Dixon while they dance?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)