|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what confuses Dixon about Christine while dancing with her?
(a) Her true character.
(b) The way she speaks.
(c) Her dreams for the future.
(d) How she could love Bertrand.
2. In Chapter 9, why does Dixon pretend not to know if Bertrand is attending the dance?
(a) He doesn't want to upset Christine.
(b) He doesn't want to get involved.
(c) He doesn't know for sure if he is.
(d) He wants to go with Christine.
3. Why does Dixon ask Margaret to the dance?
(a) He thinks she is pretty.
(b) She asks him.
(c) He decides he likes her.
(d) He feels bad for her.
4. Why is Bertrand excited to meet Mr. Julius Gore-Urquhart?
(a) Because he is famous.
(b) Because he is an art patron.
(c) Because he is looking for someone to manage his rental properties.
(d) Because he is wise.
5. What makes Dixon feel guilty about kissing Margaret in Chapter 5?
(a) Her family's reputation.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her wealth.
(d) Her suicide attempt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Dixon decide to tell Margaret about what he knows about Carol and Bertrand?
2. In Chapter 1, how does Dixon describe Welch's feelings toward music?
3. How does Margaret react to the burn holes Dixon left in his room?
4. In Chapter 6, how long does Dixon wait before going downstairs to breakfast?
5. Whom does Dixon ask to dance at the end of Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Margaret and Dixon talk about when she is first released from the hospital?
2. How does Bertrand's introduction in Chapter 4 affect Dixon?
3. In Chapter 4, what makes Dixon nervous about the music?
4. What does Margaret think about Dixon's burn holes he left in Welch's room?
5. How does Dixon help Christine in Chapter 9?
6. Why can't Dixon go to his bedroom in Chapter 5?
7. How does Carol act at the university dance?
8. How does Dixon feel about his probationary teaching position?
9. What advice does Carol give Dixon while they dance?
10. In Chapter 1, what do Dixon and Welch discuss about Margaret?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)