|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dixon thank Christine for in Chapter 11?
(a) Loaning him money.
(b) Helping him lie on the phone to Mrs. Welch.
(c) Not starting a fight with Carol.
(d) Dancing with him.
2. After talking with Michie about the class syllabus, what does Dixon decide to do?
(a) Make it lighter.
(b) Make it heavier.
(c) Keep it the same.
(d) Have someone else write it.
3. What kind of dancing does Bertrand's fiancée do?
4. At the end of Chapter 12, where does Dixon tell Christine he is going?
(b) Back to school.
(c) To Welch's.
(d) To get a taxi.
5. How does Dixon say he felt about writing the article in Chapter 1?
(a) He hated it.
(b) He was confused and kept changing his subject.
(c) He grew bored with it.
(d) He loved it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how does Dixon learn his article will be published?
2. In Chapter 1, how does Dixon describe Welch's feelings toward music?
3. What does Dixon ask Mr. Atkinson to do in Chapter 3?
4. Whom does Margaret ask to dance in Chapter 10?
5. What does Bertrand criticize Dixon for missing at the art festival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dixon pretends to be a reporter on the phone?
2. In Chapter 5, what happens between Dixon and Margaret?
3. What happens when Dixon falls asleep smoking a cigarette at the Welches'?
4. How does Dixon feel about his probationary teaching position?
5. What does Dixon do after learning that his article on shipbuilding techniques will be published?
6. In Chapter 1, what do Dixon and Welch discuss about Margaret?
7. In Chapter 8, what do Welch and Dixon discuss in Welch's office?
8. In Chapter 5, what does Dixon see when he first returns to the house?
9. What happens because of Dixon's avoidance of being introduced to Bertrand?
10. How does Atkinson help Dixon in Chapter 7?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)