|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why does Dixon pretend to sing?
(a) Because he doesn't want to be heard.
(b) Because he wants to impress a girl.
(c) Because he doesn't know the words.
(d) Because he can't read music.
2. Who asks Dixon to dance at the end of Chapter 11?
(c) No one.
3. In Chapter 9, why does Christine refuse to call Mrs. Welch?
(a) Because she is too busy.
(b) Because she doesn't get along with her.
(c) Because she sleeps late.
(d) Because she is at work.
4. After talking with Michie about the class syllabus, what does Dixon decide to do?
(a) Make it lighter.
(b) Make it heavier.
(c) Have someone else write it.
(d) Keep it the same.
5. How does Dixon insult Christine at the art festival?
(a) He calls her a ballerina.
(b) He makes fun of her shoes.
(c) He doesn't shake her hand.
(d) He ignores her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how long does Dixon wait before going downstairs to breakfast?
2. In Chapter 10, what does Dixon decide to tell Margaret about what he knows about Carol and Bertrand?
3. In Chapter 2, why does Dixon continue to agree to take part in art week?
4. In Chapter 5, how does Dixon finally fall asleep?
5. In Chapter 1, how does Dixon describe Welch's feelings toward music?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dixon do after learning that his article on shipbuilding techniques will be published?
2. What surprises Dixon about Carol when he dances with her?
3. How does Carol act at the university dance?
4. What does Dixon do when Christine asks about Carol in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Dixon talk to Christine about in regard to his phone call to the Welches'?
6. How does Dixon feel about his probationary teaching position?
7. In Chapter 5, what does Dixon see when he first returns to the house?
8. How does Bertrand's introduction in Chapter 4 affect Dixon?
9. In Chapter 5, what happens between Dixon and Margaret?
10. What happens because of Dixon's avoidance of being introduced to Bertrand?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)