|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dixon worry about while kissing Margaret in Chapter 5?
(a) If he is being fair to her.
(b) If he is too drunk.
(c) If he will fall in love with her.
(d) If she likes him.
2. How does Bertrand feel about Dixon's suggestion that the rich help the poor?
(a) He is proud.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is offended.
(d) He is intrigued.
3. In Chapter 8, what does Dixon ask Welch?
(a) If the party went well.
(b) If he will get a raise.
(c) What his standing at the university it.
(d) How much longer his probation is.
4. In Chapter 12, what is the first thing Carol asks Dixon?
(a) What do to about Bertrand.
(b) How to make more money.
(c) How to get a job at the university.
(d) What he knows about Christine.
5. How does Dixon say he felt about writing the article in Chapter 1?
(a) He hated it.
(b) He loved it.
(c) He was confused and kept changing his subject.
(d) He grew bored with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the argument between Bertrand, Dixon, and Christine end in Chapter 4?
2. What does Dixon do when he learns his article will be published in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 9, why does Dixon pretend not to know if Bertrand is attending the dance?
4. In Chapter 3, why does Mr. Michie stop to talk to Dixon?
5. In Chapter 9, what does Michie say about Dixon's syllabus?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what do Welch and Dixon discuss in Welch's office?
2. What do Margaret and Dixon talk about when she is first released from the hospital?
3. What happens when Dixon pretends to be a reporter on the phone?
4. How does Dixon react to the burn holes he makes at the Welches'?
5. In Chapter 4, what do Dixon, Bertrand, and Christine argue about?
6. In Chapter 3, how does Dixon react to Mr. Michie's conversation?
7. What does Dixon do when Christine asks about Carol in Chapter 11?
8. How does Dixon feel about his probationary teaching position?
9. What does Margaret tell Dixon about the art festival in Chapter 2?
10. In Chapter 5, what happens between Dixon and Margaret?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)