|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allows Dixon to avoid singing the song Welch picks out at the art festival?
(a) Welch changes his mind.
(b) Bertrand walks in.
(c) It starts to rain.
(d) Someone else demands to sing.
2. In Chapter 3, why does Dixon want to rush to the bus?
(a) To get the cheaper ticket.
(b) To get to Welch's quickly.
(c) To avoid riding with a man he dislikes.
(d) To visit his parents.
3. Why does Margaret kick Dixon out of her bedroom in Chapter 5?
(a) For kissing her.
(b) For being drunk.
(c) For passing out.
(d) For asking for money.
4. What does Dixon have to walk through to get to his bedroom?
(a) A library.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) A living area.
(d) A storage closet.
5. While pretending to be a reporter on the phone, what questions does Dixon ask Bertrand?
(a) Questions about his vacation.
(b) Questions about his personal life.
(c) Questions about his professional goals.
(d) Questions about his art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine do when Dixon tells Margaret about the burn holes in Chapter 7?
2. Whom is Carol Goldsmith married to?
3. What does Bertrand criticize Dixon for missing at the art festival?
4. How does Dixon say he felt about writing the article in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Dixon put up with Mr. Michie's questions
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what do Dixon, Bertrand, and Christine argue about?
2. What are Dixon's reservations about taking part in the art festival?
3. In Chapter 8, what do Welch and Dixon discuss in Welch's office?
4. What do Margaret and Dixon talk about when she is first released from the hospital?
5. Why does Dixon decide to call a taxi at the end of the dance?
6. How does Bertrand's introduction in Chapter 4 affect Dixon?
7. What advice does Carol give Dixon while they dance?
8. Why can't Dixon go to his bedroom in Chapter 5?
9. In Chapter 5, what does Dixon see when he first returns to the house?
10. How does Dixon feel about his probationary teaching position?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)