|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, why does Christine say she has to stop seeing Dixon?
(a) Because it is morally wrong.
(b) Because she is too busy.
(c) Because Dixon is seeing Margaret.
(d) Because Bertrand is suspicious.
2. Why does Dixon write the letter to Johns in Chapter 16?
(a) For revenge.
(b) Because someone asks him to.
(c) For a joke.
(d) Because he is bored.
3. In Chapter 18, how does Dixon describe his relationship with Margaret?
(a) As torture.
(b) As a mockery.
(c) As a duty.
(d) As fate.
4. Why does Dixon go to breakfast early in Chapter 17?
(a) To avoid Johns.
(b) To write a letter to Margaret.
(c) To relax.
(d) To work.
5. In Chapter 16, what is Margaret's reaction to Dixon's opinion about their relationship?
(a) She starts to yell in anger.
(b) She laughs in his face.
(c) She makes fun of him.
(d) She cries hysterically.
6. After their first kiss, where do Dixon and Christine agree to meet on Tuesday?
(a) A park.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A hotel restaurant.
(d) A closed classroom.
7. Where does Dixon tell the cab to wait in Chapter 13?
(a) In front of the building.
(b) Down the block.
(c) Behind the building.
(d) Around the corner.
8. In Chapter 13, what does the taxi driver say about driving to Welch's?
(a) That it's too far.
(b) That he doesn't know how to get there.
(c) That it's too late to go there.
(d) That he has to charge double.
9. Where does Dixon punch Bertrand?
(a) The chin.
(b) The arm.
(c) The eye.
(d) The ear.
10. While in the taxi after the dance, what does Christine say about dating an artist?
(a) That it's more romantic than dating other men.
(b) That it gets boring when he talks about his work.
(c) That it's harder than dating other men.
(d) That it's easier than dating other men.
11. Where does the taxi stop on the way to Welch's?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A bar.
(c) A rest stop.
(d) A restaurant.
12. At the end of Chapter 16, where does Dixon decide to go?
(a) To Welch's.
(b) To the pub.
(d) His office.
13. Why does Welch invite Dixon to his house in Chapter 18?
(a) To get his opinion on something.
(b) To reward him for his research.
(c) To offer him a bribe.
(d) To introduce him to the dean.
14. Why does Dixon stop kissing Christine for the second time?
(a) Dixon is tired.
(b) She doesn't seem interested.
(c) Welch comes home.
(d) It's getting late.
15. Why does Atkinson pass out at the lecture?
(a) He is overheated.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is trying to help Dixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what time does Welch set up a meeting with Dixon?
2. Why does Dixon tell Christine she shouldn't marry Bertrand?
3. While in the taxi, what does Christine say her feelings have been lately?
4. How does Professor Barclay help Dixon with his "Merrie England" lecture?
5. What do Gore-Urquhart and Dixon agree upon about the lecture?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)