|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what is Margaret's reaction to Dixon's opinion about their relationship?
(a) She makes fun of him.
(b) She laughs in his face.
(c) She starts to yell in anger.
(d) She cries hysterically.
2. When Mrs. Welch confronts Dixon about the burned sheets, what does Dixon do?
(a) Offers to pay for the damage.
(b) Denies he did anything.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Tells her he knows who really did it.
3. Where does Dr. L. S. Caton get a job?
4. While in the taxi after the dance, to whom does Dixon compare Bertrand?
(b) A child.
5. In Chapter 17, why do Dixon and Beesley go to the common room?
(a) To check their class lists.
(b) To talk about classes.
(c) To have coffee.
(d) To check their mailboxes.
6. In Chapter 18, why doesn't Dixon eat dinner with the Welches?
(a) They tell him to go home.
(b) They are going to a play.
(c) He doesn't want to stay late.
(d) He pretends to be sick.
7. What does Dixon tell Christine should not be viewed objectively?
8. In Chapter 16, what does Dixon tell Margaret about her behavior at the dance?
(a) He says she was busy with Gore-Urquhart.
(b) He says she kept leaving their table.
(c) He says she was too clingy.
(d) He says she wasn't willing to dance.
9. In Chapter 15, why does Dixon hurry out a window?
(a) He hears the Welches.
(b) He doesn't want to hurt Christine's feelings.
(c) He doesn't want to spend the night.
(d) He knows the door squeaks.
10. In Chapter 18, why does Dixon slide across the driver's seat of Welch's car?
(a) Because Welch needs help.
(b) Because Dixon doesn't want to step on Welch's plants.
(c) Because Welch tells him to.
(d) Because he can't open his own door.
11. Where does Mr. Catchpole want to meet with Dixon in Chapter 19?
(a) The pub.
(b) His office.
(c) Welch's house.
(d) The library.
12. While in the taxi after the dance, what reason does Christine give Dixon for why her previous relationships ended?
(a) The men always cheated on her.
(b) She was too picky.
(c) She didn't want to be seduced.
(d) The men were too old.
13. Why does Atkinson pass out at the lecture?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is overheated.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is trying to help Dixon.
14. What happens when Dixon slides across the driver's seat of Welch's car in Chapter 18?
(a) He gets his foot stuck.
(b) He rips his shirt.
(c) He falls out of the door.
(d) He tears his pants.
15. Why does Dixon tell Christine she shouldn't marry Bertrand?
(a) Because she hasn't found love yet.
(b) Because she is too young.
(c) Because he is only interested in himself.
(d) Because he is too old.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what time does Welch set up a meeting with Dixon?
2. At the end of Chapter 16, where does Dixon decide to go?
3. How does Gore-Urquhart help Dixon before his lecture?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Margaret ask Dixon?
5. How does Dr. Caton steal Dixon's article?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)