|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dixon tell the cab to wait in Chapter 13?
(a) Around the corner.
(b) Down the block.
(c) Behind the building.
(d) In front of the building.
2. In Chapter 17, what is Johns's reaction to the letter he receives?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is bored.
3. Why does Atkinson pass out at the lecture?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is overheated.
(d) He is trying to help Dixon.
4. In Chapter 13, whom does Dixon talk to while waiting for Christine to come outside?
(a) No one.
(b) The Barclays.
5. While in the taxi, what does Christine say Bertrand always does to her?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Sends her home early.
(c) Buys her presents.
(d) Starts fights with her.
6. Where does Dr. L. S. Caton get a job?
7. Why does Christine want Dixon to meet her at the train station?
(a) Because it is private.
(b) Because Bertrand won't know they are there.
(c) Because she is leaving.
(d) Because he is leaving.
8. After their first kiss, what does Dixon ask Christine to do?
(a) Have tea with him later.
(b) Break up with Bertrand.
(c) Keep it a secret.
(d) Start an affair.
9. How does Dixon feel about not seeing Christine anymore?
10. Who comes in Dixon's room after his fight with Bertrand?
11. Why does Dixon go to breakfast early in Chapter 17?
(a) To relax.
(b) To write a letter to Margaret.
(c) To avoid Johns.
(d) To work.
12. Why does Christine give money to Dixon at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) To pay him back for the drinks.
(b) As a gift.
(c) Dixon doesn't know why.
(d) For a taxi.
13. While in the taxi after the dance, what does Christine say about dating an artist?
(a) That it's more romantic than dating other men.
(b) That it's easier than dating other men.
(c) That it gets boring when he talks about his work.
(d) That it's harder than dating other men.
14. Why does Dixon write the letter to Johns in Chapter 16?
(a) Because someone asks him to.
(b) For a joke.
(c) For revenge.
(d) Because he is bored.
15. What day of the week is it in the beginning of Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the taxi, what does Christine say her feelings have been lately?
2. How does Dixon respond to new that Caton is moving?
3. In Chapter 16, what does Margaret ask Dixon?
4. In Chapter 17, what time does Welch set up a meeting with Dixon?
5. What happens at the end of Dixon's lecture?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)