|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Dixon to dance at the end of Chapter 11?
(b) No one.
2. In Chapter 12, what does Carol say Margaret will do to Dixon?
(a) Make him poor.
(b) Bring him down.
(c) Leave him for someone else.
(d) Treat him right.
3. At the end of Chapter 12, how long does Dixon tell Christine to wait before going outside?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 25 minutes.
4. What allows Dixon to avoid singing the song Welch picks out at the art festival?
(a) Welch changes his mind.
(b) Bertrand walks in.
(c) It starts to rain.
(d) Someone else demands to sing.
5. In Chapter 5, what impresses Dixon about Margaret after he uses the bathroom?
(a) She has put on lipstick.
(b) She asks if he is all right.
(c) She invites him to talk.
(d) She didn't watch.
6. How does Bertrand feel about Dixon's suggestion that the rich help the poor?
(a) He is intrigued.
(b) He is offended.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is confused.
7. In Chapter 10, what does Dixon decide to tell Margaret about what he knows about Carol and Bertrand?
(a) He decides to drop hints.
(b) He decides to tell her everything.
(c) He decides to ask questions to see if she knows.
(d) He decides to tell her nothing.
8. In Chapter 1, why does Welch say he wants to see Dixon's article published?
(a) To help him keep his job.
(b) To help Dixon out financially.
(c) To feel proud as a mentor.
(d) To bring honor to their department.
9. Where does Dixon live?
(a) A dorm.
(b) A cottage.
(c) Campus apartments.
(d) A boarding house.
10. What happens after Dixon and Christine talk about the "Evening Post" trick Dixon pulled?
(a) They dance closer.
(b) They dance slower.
(c) They stop talking.
(d) They stop dancing.
11. What does Dixon worry about while kissing Margaret in Chapter 5?
(a) If he will fall in love with her.
(b) If he is being fair to her.
(c) If she likes him.
(d) If he is too drunk.
12. In Chapter 8, what does Dixon ask Welch?
(a) If the party went well.
(b) What his standing at the university it.
(c) How much longer his probation is.
(d) If he will get a raise.
13. How does Dixon insult Christine at the art festival?
(a) He doesn't shake her hand.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He makes fun of her shoes.
(d) He calls her a ballerina.
14. In Chapter 3, why does Mr. Michie stop to talk to Dixon?
(a) He needs directions.
(b) He wants to hear about Dixon's job.
(c) He wants to know about a subject in class.
(d) He has a romantic dilemma.
15. In Chapter 11, what confuses Dixon about Christine while dancing with her?
(a) Her true character.
(b) The way she speaks.
(c) Her dreams for the future.
(d) How she could love Bertrand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Dixon's probationary teaching period at the university?
2. What does Dixon have to walk through to get to his bedroom?
3. Whom does Margaret ask to dance in Chapter 10?
4. What does Christine do when Dixon tells Margaret about the burn holes in Chapter 7?
5. Why is Bertrand excited to meet Mr. Julius Gore-Urquhart?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)