|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why does Dixon sneak to his bedroom?
(a) Because he has a secret.
(b) Because he was locked out.
(c) Because it is late.
(d) Because he is drunk.
2. In Chapter 12, what does Christine say about Bertrand's motives that evening?
(a) He wants to look at other women.
(b) He wants to talk to Gore-Urquhart.
(c) He wants to have Christine all to himself.
(d) She doesn't know why he is there.
3. Why does Dixon tell Christine she shouldn't marry Bertrand?
(a) Because she hasn't found love yet.
(b) Because she is too young.
(c) Because he is too old.
(d) Because he is only interested in himself.
4. After their first kiss, what does Dixon ask Christine to do?
(a) Break up with Bertrand.
(b) Start an affair.
(c) Keep it a secret.
(d) Have tea with him later.
5. In Chapter 16, what does Margaret ask Dixon?
(a) Why he lied to the Welches.
(b) Why he is spending time with Christine?
(c) Why he left her at the dance.
(d) Why he hadn't called her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dancing does Bertrand's fiancée do?
2. In Chapter 17, what does Johns warn Dixon of?
3. While in the taxi after the dance, to whom does Dixon compare Bertrand?
4. Whom is Carol Goldsmith married to?
5. Who tells Welch about Dixon's fake phone call from Atkinson?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)