|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, why doesn't Dixon eat dinner with the Welches?
(a) He doesn't want to stay late.
(b) They tell him to go home.
(c) They are going to a play.
(d) He pretends to be sick.
2. How does the argument between Bertrand, Dixon, and Christine end in Chapter 4?
(a) When Dixon decides to leave.
(b) When Dixon agrees with Bertrand.
(c) When Bertrand walks away.
(d) When Christine insists they stop.
3. Why does Welch invite Dixon to his house in Chapter 18?
(a) To offer him a bribe.
(b) To reward him for his research.
(c) To introduce him to the dean.
(d) To get his opinion on something.
4. In Chapter 10, what does Dixon decide to tell Margaret about what he knows about Carol and Bertrand?
(a) He decides to drop hints.
(b) He decides to tell her everything.
(c) He decides to tell her nothing.
(d) He decides to ask questions to see if she knows.
5. In Chapter 11, how does Christine know Bertrand asked Carol to the dance first?
(a) Because of Carol's attitude.
(b) Because Christine overheard Carol talking about it.
(c) Because Dixon told her.
(d) Because Bertrand accidentally said it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what time does Welch set up a meeting with Dixon?
2. In Chapter 1, why does Welch say he wants to see Dixon's article published?
3. What does Dixon ask Mr. Atkinson to do in Chapter 3?
4. How does Gore-Urquhart convince the bartender at the dance to give everyone full pints?
5. Who asks Dixon to dance at the end of Chapter 11?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)