|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, whom does Dixon talk to while waiting for Christine to come outside?
(b) The Barclays.
(d) No one.
2. In Chapter 16, what does Dixon tell Margaret about their relationship?
(a) That they should make a commitment.
(b) That they should stop seeing each other.
(c) That they should talk about it later.
(d) That they should see other people, too.
3. How does Margaret discuss her suicide attempt with Dixon?
(a) With anger.
(b) With sadness.
(c) With little emotion.
(d) She won't discuss it with Dixon.
4. In Chapter 11, what confuses Dixon about Christine while dancing with her?
(a) Her dreams for the future.
(b) The way she speaks.
(c) How she could love Bertrand.
(d) Her true character.
5. How does Gore-Urquhart convince the bartender at the dance to give everyone full pints?
(a) Because they are both Scottish.
(b) Because he has three pretty girls with him.
(c) Because he bribes him.
(d) Because he shows a college ID.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dixon say he felt about writing the article in Chapter 1?
2. While in the taxi, what does Christine say she wishes people would remember about her?
3. Why does Dixon pretend to be a reporter when he calls the Welches'?
4. In Chapter 2, why does Dixon continue to agree to take part in art week?
5. In Chapter 5, why does Dixon worry about falling asleep?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)