|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dixon burn a hole in the rug at Welch's?
(a) He drops a candle.
(b) He spills chemicals.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) He falls asleep smoking.
2. In Chapter 16, how does Atkinson try to stop Margaret's fit the first time?
(a) He throws water on her.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He holds her back.
(d) He yells at her.
3. Whom does Carol end up going to the dance with?
(a) No one.
(c) Bertrand's brother.
4. At the end of Chapter 12, how long does Dixon tell Christine to wait before going outside?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 25 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
5. How does Dixon try to hide the burn hole in the rug at Welch's?
(a) He covers it with furniture.
(b) He rolls the rug up.
(c) He cuts it out.
(d) He flips the rug over.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why does Dixon worry about falling asleep?
2. In Chapter 16, what does Dixon tell Margaret about their relationship?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Dixon decide to tell Margaret about what he knows about Carol and Bertrand?
4. How does Margaret react to the burn holes Dixon left in his room?
5. What does Carol tell Dixon about her husband's knowledge of her affair with Bertrand?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)