|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Christine describe Dixon's trick of pretending to be a reporter?
2. Whom is Carol Goldsmith married to?
(a) A financial aid officer.
(b) A lecturer.
(c) A tenure-track professor.
(d) A dean.
3. How does Dixon know Margaret?
(a) She is one of his bosses.
(b) She is an ex-girlfriend.
(c) She is also a lecturer.
(d) She is a student.
4. What does Margaret tell Dixon about Carol's reaction to not going to the dance with Bertrand?
(a) She was happy.
(b) She was angry.
(c) She didn't care.
(d) She was sad.
5. How long is Dixon's probationary teaching period at the university?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) One semester.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why does Christine refuse to call Mrs. Welch?
2. While pretending to be a reporter on the phone, why does Dixon suggest Bertrand call Christine?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Dixon decide to tell Margaret about what he knows about Carol and Bertrand?
4. In Chapter 17, what does Welch do when he runs into Dixon at the library?
5. What does Dixon worry about when Johns walks in the room after his phone call with Christine in Chapter 9?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)