|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why does Christine refuse to call Mrs. Welch?
(a) Because she is too busy.
(b) Because she doesn't get along with her.
(c) Because she is at work.
(d) Because she sleeps late.
2. In Chapter 8, why is Welch concerned with the publication date of Dixon's article?
(a) He wants to put an ad in the paper.
(b) Welch doesn't want it to compete with his article.
(c) The publisher sometimes doesn't follow through.
(d) Dixon's job depends on it.
3. While in the taxi, what does Christine ask Dixon about her relationship with Bertrand?
(a) If she should marry him.
(b) If he is cheating on her.
(c) If he is a good match for her.
(d) If she is doing the right thing.
4. What does Dixon worry about while kissing Margaret in Chapter 5?
(a) If she likes him.
(b) If he is being fair to her.
(c) If he will fall in love with her.
(d) If he is too drunk.
5. How does Gore-Urquhart convince the bartender at the dance to give everyone full pints?
(a) Because they are both Scottish.
(b) Because he has three pretty girls with him.
(c) Because he shows a college ID.
(d) Because he bribes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 12, where does Dixon tell Christine he is going?
2. How does Dixon feel after pretending to be a reporter on the phone?
3. Why did Margaret try to commit suicide?
4. In Chapter 11, how does Christine know Bertrand asked Carol to the dance first?
5. In Chapter 16, what does Dixon think of his finances?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)