|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Dixon and Christine talk about the "Evening Post" trick Dixon pulled?
(a) They dance closer.
(b) They stop talking.
(c) They dance slower.
(d) They stop dancing.
2. Why does Dixon take Welch's phone call in Chapter 9?
(a) Because Welch is out.
(b) Because the porter was confused.
(c) Because he knows the answer to the caller's problem.
(d) Because Welch asked him to.
3. In Chapter 13, whom does Dixon talk to while waiting for Christine to come outside?
(b) The Barclays.
(c) No one.
4. In Chapter 4, what is wrong with the song Welch chooses for Dixon to sing?
(a) It is very long.
(b) Part of the sheet music is missing.
(c) It has a solo.
(d) It's in a different language.
5. In Chapter 3, why does Dixon want to rush to the bus?
(a) To get the cheaper ticket.
(b) To avoid riding with a man he dislikes.
(c) To visit his parents.
(d) To get to Welch's quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what is the first thing Carol asks Dixon?
2. Who offers to help Dixon hide the burn hole on the rug?
3. In Chapter 1, how does Dixon describe Welch's feelings toward music?
4. How does Chapter 11 begin?
5. In Chapter 17, what time does Welch set up a meeting with Dixon?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)