|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Margaret react to the burn holes Dixon left in his room?
(a) She offers to help hide them.
(b) With humor.
(c) With disgust.
(d) She ignores Dixon.
2. Where do Dixon and Margaret go for drinks in Chapter 2?
(a) The university offices.
(b) A pub.
(c) Welch's house.
(d) A restaurant.
3. Why is Bertrand excited to meet Mr. Julius Gore-Urquhart?
(a) Because he is wise.
(b) Because he is an art patron.
(c) Because he is famous.
(d) Because he is looking for someone to manage his rental properties.
4. Why does Dixon pretend to be a reporter when he calls the Welches'?
(a) Because Mrs. Welch asks about the burn holes.
(b) Because Mr. Welch sounds angry.
(c) So he can just hang up.
(d) To try to get information from them.
5. Why does Dixon take Welch's phone call in Chapter 9?
(a) Because the porter was confused.
(b) Because Welch is out.
(c) Because Welch asked him to.
(d) Because he knows the answer to the caller's problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how does Dixon learn his article will be published?
2. How does Dixon insult Christine at the art festival?
3. Where does Dixon live?
4. How does Margaret discuss her suicide attempt with Dixon?
5. In Chapter 2, why does Margaret thank Dixon?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)