|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why does Christine call?
(a) To speak to Carol.
(b) To try to find Bertrand.
(c) To say she'll be out of town.
(d) To ask about the dance.
2. In Chapter 8, why is Welch concerned with the publication date of Dixon's article?
(a) He wants to put an ad in the paper.
(b) The publisher sometimes doesn't follow through.
(c) Dixon's job depends on it.
(d) Welch doesn't want it to compete with his article.
3. In Chapter 3, why does Dixon want to rush to the bus?
(a) To get to Welch's quickly.
(b) To visit his parents.
(c) To avoid riding with a man he dislikes.
(d) To get the cheaper ticket.
4. Who is the last person Dixon calls in Chapter 9?
(a) Mrs. Welch.
5. What does Dixon ask Mr. Atkinson to do in Chapter 3?
(a) Call him at Welch's.
(b) Loan him money for a bus ticket.
(c) Go out with him for drinks.
(d) Read his article.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what confuses Dixon about Christine while dancing with her?
2. Whom does Margaret ask to dance in Chapter 10?
3. Who tells Welch about Dixon's fake phone call from Atkinson?
4. In Chapter 3, how does Dixon learn his article will be published?
5. How does Dixon feel about seeing Margaret for the first time since she left the hospital?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)