|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Carol end up going to the dance with?
(c) No one.
(d) Bertrand's brother.
2. Why does Dixon ask Margaret to the dance?
(a) He feels bad for her.
(b) She asks him.
(c) He decides he likes her.
(d) He thinks she is pretty.
3. Why does Dixon pretend to be a reporter when he calls the Welches'?
(a) So he can just hang up.
(b) Because Mrs. Welch asks about the burn holes.
(c) To try to get information from them.
(d) Because Mr. Welch sounds angry.
4. In Chapter 2, why does Dixon continue to agree to take part in art week?
(a) To earn extra money.
(b) To impress Margaret.
(c) To try to get a full time position.
(d) To show off in front of Welch.
5. In Chapter 9, why does Dixon pretend not to know if Bertrand is attending the dance?
(a) He doesn't know for sure if he is.
(b) He doesn't want to upset Christine.
(c) He doesn't want to get involved.
(d) He wants to go with Christine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gore-Urquhart convince the bartender at the dance to give everyone full pints?
2. In Chapter 5, why does Dixon sneak to his bedroom?
3. While pretending to be a reporter on the phone, what questions does Dixon ask Bertrand?
4. What does Dixon thank Christine for in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 3, how does Dixon learn his article will be published?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)