|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how does Dixon finally fall asleep?
(a) Sitting up.
(b) Face down.
(c) On the floor.
(d) Curled up in a chair.
2. While pretending to be a reporter on the phone, why does Dixon suggest Bertrand call Christine?
(a) Because she might end up working for the paper.
(b) Because she set up the interview.
(c) Because Bertrand asks his opinion.
(d) Because she was looking for him.
3. In Chapter 9, why does Dixon pretend not to know if Bertrand is attending the dance?
(a) He doesn't know for sure if he is.
(b) He wants to go with Christine.
(c) He doesn't want to upset Christine.
(d) He doesn't want to get involved.
4. How does Dixon try to hide the burn hole in the rug at Welch's?
(a) He covers it with furniture.
(b) He cuts it out.
(c) He flips the rug over.
(d) He rolls the rug up.
5. What makes Dixon feel guilty about kissing Margaret in Chapter 5?
(a) Her family's reputation.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her suicide attempt.
(d) Her wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does Dixon learn he will have to play at art week?
2. What does Christine do when Dixon tells Margaret about the burn holes in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 1, how does Dixon describe Welch's feelings toward music?
4. In Chapter 5, what impresses Dixon about Margaret after he uses the bathroom?
5. What allows Dixon to avoid singing the song Welch picks out at the art festival?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)