|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christine do when Dixon tells Margaret about the burn holes in Chapter 7?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She hides.
(c) She interrupts.
(d) She threatens Dixon.
2. While pretending to be a reporter on the phone, why does Dixon suggest Bertrand call Christine?
(a) Because she was looking for him.
(b) Because Bertrand asks his opinion.
(c) Because she set up the interview.
(d) Because she might end up working for the paper.
3. How does Dixon feel about seeing Margaret for the first time since she left the hospital?
4. How does Dixon know Margaret?
(a) She is an ex-girlfriend.
(b) She is also a lecturer.
(c) She is a student.
(d) She is one of his bosses.
5. In Chapter 1, what article does Welch ask Dixon about?
(a) The one about bridge construction.
(b) The one about labor statistics.
(c) The one about highway accidents.
(d) The one about shipbuilding techniques.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dixon go after being kicked out of Margaret's room in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 8, why is Welch concerned with the publication date of Dixon's article?
3. Who tells Dixon that Welch's son will be at the art festival?
4. In Chapter 1, how does Dixon describe Welch's feelings toward music?
5. How does Margaret discuss her suicide attempt with Dixon?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)