|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why does Dixon sneak to his bedroom?
(a) Because it is late.
(b) Because he is drunk.
(c) Because he was locked out.
(d) Because he has a secret.
2. How does Dixon burn a hole in the rug at Welch's?
(a) He falls asleep smoking.
(b) He drops a candle.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) He spills chemicals.
3. When Bertrand criticizes Dixon at the art festival, who rescues him from being alone?
(a) A pretty student.
4. In Chapter 7, what reason does Dixon give for leaving Welch's early?
(a) He has to return to work.
(b) His parents are in town.
(c) He has a date.
(d) Someone needs him at home.
5. What does Dixon do when he learns his article will be published in Chapter 3?
(d) Calls his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dixon try to hide the burn hole in the rug at Welch's?
2. What does Dixon ask Mr. Atkinson to do in Chapter 3?
3. How does the argument between Bertrand, Dixon, and Christine end in Chapter 4?
4. What musical instrument does Dixon learn he will have to play at art week?
5. How does Dixon say he felt about writing the article in Chapter 1?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)