|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Dixon feel guilty about kissing Margaret in Chapter 5?
(a) Her family's reputation.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her wealth.
(d) Her suicide attempt.
2. What kind of dancing does Bertrand's fiancée do?
3. What does Dixon worry about while kissing Margaret in Chapter 5?
(a) If she likes him.
(b) If he is too drunk.
(c) If he will fall in love with her.
(d) If he is being fair to her.
4. How does the argument between Bertrand, Dixon, and Christine end in Chapter 4?
(a) When Dixon decides to leave.
(b) When Christine insists they stop.
(c) When Bertrand walks away.
(d) When Dixon agrees with Bertrand.
5. In Chapter 1, why does Welch say he wants to see Dixon's article published?
(a) To bring honor to their department.
(b) To help him keep his job.
(c) To feel proud as a mentor.
(d) To help Dixon out financially.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why does Mr. Michie stop to talk to Dixon?
2. What does Dixon do when he learns his article will be published in Chapter 3?
3. How long will Mr. Julius Gore-Urquhart be in France?
4. In Chapter 5, why does Dixon worry about falling asleep?
5. In Chapter 1, how does Dixon describe Welch's feelings toward music?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)