|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, whom does Dixon wish will join his class?
(a) Students who skip class.
(b) The pretty girls.
(c) Mr. Michie.
(d) The smartest students.
2. Why does Dixon put up with Mr. Michie's questions
(a) Because Dixon has nothing else to do.
(b) Because he has professional power.
(c) Because he is a friend.
(d) Because his girlfriend is pretty.
3. What makes Dixon suspicious of Bertrand and Carol in Chapter 5?
(a) When he reads a note from Christine.
(b) When he hears Carol talking about Bertrand.
(c) When Welch makes a suggestive statement.
(d) When he sees them hug.
4. Why did Margaret try to commit suicide?
(a) It was an accident.
(b) She lost her job.
(c) A failed romance.
(d) No one knows.
5. In Chapter 3, why does Dixon want to rush to the bus?
(a) To visit his parents.
(b) To get the cheaper ticket.
(c) To get to Welch's quickly.
(d) To avoid riding with a man he dislikes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Carol Goldsmith married to?
2. Who tells Dixon that Welch's son will be at the art festival?
3. What is Dixon's first impression of Bertrand?
4. What allows Dixon to avoid singing the song Welch picks out at the art festival?
5. In Chapter 3, why does Mr. Michie stop to talk to Dixon?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)