|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why does Dixon want to rush to the bus?
(a) To visit his parents.
(b) To get the cheaper ticket.
(c) To avoid riding with a man he dislikes.
(d) To get to Welch's quickly.
2. How long is Dixon's probationary teaching period at the university?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) One semester.
(d) Two years.
3. In Chapter 3, why does Mr. Michie stop to talk to Dixon?
(a) He needs directions.
(b) He wants to hear about Dixon's job.
(c) He has a romantic dilemma.
(d) He wants to know about a subject in class.
4. In Chapter 3, how does Dixon learn his article will be published?
(a) With a telephone call.
(b) Welch tells him.
(c) From a telegram.
(d) Through a letter.
5. In Chapter 5, how does Dixon finally fall asleep?
(a) On the floor.
(b) Face down.
(c) Curled up in a chair.
(d) Sitting up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dixon put up with Mr. Michie's questions
2. How does Dixon say he felt about writing the article in Chapter 1?
3. How does Dixon know Margaret?
4. What does Dixon worry about while kissing Margaret in Chapter 5?
5. Why is Bertrand excited to meet Mr. Julius Gore-Urquhart?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)