|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why does Christine refuse to call Mrs. Welch?
(a) Because she doesn't get along with her.
(b) Because she is too busy.
(c) Because she sleeps late.
(d) Because she is at work.
2. When Christine asks Dixon about Bertrand asking Carol to the dance in Chapter 11, how does Dixon respond?
(a) He tells her he knows nothing.
(b) He tells her the truth.
(c) He tells her Carol asked Bertrand.
(d) He tells her he has to leave.
3. How does Dixon say he felt about writing the article in Chapter 1?
(a) He grew bored with it.
(b) He loved it.
(c) He was confused and kept changing his subject.
(d) He hated it.
4. Where does Dixon tell the cab to wait in Chapter 13?
(a) In front of the building.
(b) Down the block.
(c) Behind the building.
(d) Around the corner.
5. How does the meeting Welch makes with Dixon in Chapter 17 interfere with his plans?
(a) It's the same time he's supposed to meet Christine.
(b) It will give him more work than he can do.
(c) It will take up time he need to work on his lecture.
(d) It's the same day as his lecture is due.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dixon help Christine get inside Welch's after the dance?
2. In Chapter 15, why does Dixon hurry out a window?
3. After dancing with Carol in Chapter 12, how does Dixon describe Christine's appearance?
4. How does Bertrand feel about Dixon's suggestion that the rich help the poor?
5. How does Dixon respond to new that Caton is moving?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)