|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how does Christine know Bertrand asked Carol to the dance first?
(a) Because of Carol's attitude.
(b) Because Dixon told her.
(c) Because Bertrand accidentally said it.
(d) Because Christine overheard Carol talking about it.
2. While in the taxi, what does Christine say she wishes people would remember about her?
(a) How proud she is.
(b) How young she is.
(c) Her own dreams.
(d) Her father's occupation.
3. In Chapter 18, how does Dixon describe his relationship with Margaret?
(a) As a mockery.
(b) As a duty.
(c) As torture.
(d) As fate.
4. In Chapter 16, what is Margaret's reaction to Dixon's opinion about their relationship?
(a) She cries hysterically.
(b) She laughs in his face.
(c) She makes fun of him.
(d) She starts to yell in anger.
5. Why does Dixon deny pretending to be a reporter on the phone when accused by Mrs. Dixon?
(a) He doesn't want Bertrand to find out the interview was a fake.
(b) He doesn't want Welch to be angry.
(c) He fears losing his job over it.
(d) He wants to protect Christine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, why does Mr. Catchpole call Dixon?
2. In Chapter 15, why does Dixon hurry out a window?
3. In Chapter 16, what does Dixon tell Margaret about their relationship?
4. What happens after Dixon and Christine talk about the "Evening Post" trick Dixon pulled?
5. Where does Dixon live?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)