|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dixon feel about seeing Margaret for the first time since she left the hospital?
2. In Chapter 15, why does Dixon hurry out a window?
(a) He doesn't want to hurt Christine's feelings.
(b) He knows the door squeaks.
(c) He doesn't want to spend the night.
(d) He hears the Welches.
3. In Chapter 9, why does Christine call?
(a) To try to find Bertrand.
(b) To say she'll be out of town.
(c) To speak to Carol.
(d) To ask about the dance.
4. When Bertrand criticizes Dixon at the art festival, who rescues him from being alone?
(a) A pretty student.
5. In Chapter 1, how does Dixon describe Welch's feelings toward music?
(a) He says it is Welch's bane.
(b) He says it is Welch's friend.
(c) He says it is Welch's career.
(d) He says it is Welch's passion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, why does Mr. Catchpole call Dixon?
2. Why hasn't Bertrand shown Christine any of his paintings yet?
3. In Chapter 16, what does Dixon think of his finances?
4. How does Chapter 11 begin?
5. In Chapter 11, how does Christine know Bertrand asked Carol to the dance first?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)