|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, how does Dixon describe his relationship with Margaret?
(a) As a duty.
(b) As fate.
(c) As torture.
(d) As a mockery.
2. What does Dixon do when he learns his article will be published in Chapter 3?
(a) Calls his friends.
3. How does the argument between Bertrand, Dixon, and Christine end in Chapter 4?
(a) When Bertrand walks away.
(b) When Dixon agrees with Bertrand.
(c) When Dixon decides to leave.
(d) When Christine insists they stop.
4. After talking with Michie about the class syllabus, what does Dixon decide to do?
(a) Make it heavier.
(b) Have someone else write it.
(c) Make it lighter.
(d) Keep it the same.
5. How does Dixon feel after pretending to be a reporter on the phone?
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the taxi after the dance, to whom does Dixon compare Bertrand?
2. Why does Dixon write the letter to Johns in Chapter 16?
3. How does Dixon say he felt about writing the article in Chapter 1?
4. How long is Dixon's probationary teaching period at the university?
5. In Chapter 12, what is the first thing Carol asks Dixon?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)