|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why does Dixon continue to agree to take part in art week?
(a) To try to get a full time position.
(b) To show off in front of Welch.
(c) To earn extra money.
(d) To impress Margaret.
2. In Chapter 4, what is wrong with the song Welch chooses for Dixon to sing?
(a) It has a solo.
(b) Part of the sheet music is missing.
(c) It's in a different language.
(d) It is very long.
3. How long is Dixon's probationary teaching period at the university?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One semester.
(d) One year.
4. Why does Margaret kick Dixon out of her bedroom in Chapter 5?
(a) For being drunk.
(b) For passing out.
(c) For kissing her.
(d) For asking for money.
5. Whom is Carol Goldsmith married to?
(a) A dean.
(b) A tenure-track professor.
(c) A lecturer.
(d) A financial aid officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why does Dixon pretend to sing?
2. Who offers to help Dixon hide the burn hole on the rug?
3. In Chapter 3, whom does Dixon wish will join his class?
4. What does Dixon worry about when Johns walks in the room after his phone call with Christine in Chapter 9?
5. What does Dixon have to walk through to get to his bedroom?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)