|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why does Dixon pretend to sing?
(a) Because he doesn't know the words.
(b) Because he doesn't want to be heard.
(c) Because he can't read music.
(d) Because he wants to impress a girl.
2. Where does Dixon go after being kicked out of Margaret's room in Chapter 5?
(a) To his bedroom.
(b) The bathroom.
3. In Chapter 7, what reason does Dixon give for leaving Welch's early?
(a) His parents are in town.
(b) He has a date.
(c) He has to return to work.
(d) Someone needs him at home.
4. What makes Dixon suspicious of Bertrand and Carol in Chapter 5?
(a) When Welch makes a suggestive statement.
(b) When he reads a note from Christine.
(c) When he sees them hug.
(d) When he hears Carol talking about Bertrand.
5. In Chapter 3, why does Dixon want to rush to the bus?
(a) To visit his parents.
(b) To avoid riding with a man he dislikes.
(c) To get to Welch's quickly.
(d) To get the cheaper ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, why is Welch concerned with the publication date of Dixon's article?
2. Why is Bertrand excited to meet Mr. Julius Gore-Urquhart?
3. Who tells Dixon that Welch's son will be at the art festival?
4. What does Bertrand criticize Dixon for missing at the art festival?
5. Whom is Carol Goldsmith married to?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)