|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, why does Welch say he wants to see Dixon's article published?
(a) To bring honor to their department.
(b) To help him keep his job.
(c) To feel proud as a mentor.
(d) To help Dixon out financially.
2. How does Margaret discuss her suicide attempt with Dixon?
(a) With little emotion.
(b) With sadness.
(c) With anger.
(d) She won't discuss it with Dixon.
3. In Chapter 4, why does Dixon pretend to sing?
(a) Because he doesn't know the words.
(b) Because he can't read music.
(c) Because he doesn't want to be heard.
(d) Because he wants to impress a girl.
4. Why does Dixon take Welch's phone call in Chapter 9?
(a) Because the porter was confused.
(b) Because Welch asked him to.
(c) Because Welch is out.
(d) Because he knows the answer to the caller's problem.
5. In Chapter 2, why does Margaret thank Dixon?
(a) For buying her drinks.
(b) For giving her space.
(c) For comforting her.
(d) For sending her flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. After talking with Michie about the class syllabus, what does Dixon decide to do?
2. Who is the last person Dixon calls in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 5, why does Dixon worry about falling asleep?
4. Why is Bertrand excited to meet Mr. Julius Gore-Urquhart?
5. While pretending to be a reporter on the phone, why does Dixon suggest Bertrand call Christine?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)