|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Dixon ask Welch?
(a) How much longer his probation is.
(b) What his standing at the university it.
(c) If the party went well.
(d) If he will get a raise.
2. Whom is Carol Goldsmith married to?
(a) A dean.
(b) A tenure-track professor.
(c) A lecturer.
(d) A financial aid officer.
3. What does Dixon tell Christine should not be viewed objectively?
4. At the end of Chapter 12, where does Dixon tell Christine he is going?
(a) Back to school.
(b) To get a taxi.
(d) To Welch's.
5. In Chapter 1, why does Welch say he wants to see Dixon's article published?
(a) To feel proud as a mentor.
(b) To help Dixon out financially.
(c) To bring honor to their department.
(d) To help him keep his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, why does Dixon hurry out a window?
2. How does Dixon burn a hole in the rug at Welch's?
3. In Chapter 8, why is Welch concerned with the publication date of Dixon's article?
4. While in the taxi, what does Christine say her feelings have been lately?
5. What does Welch ask Dixon to do at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)