|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week is it in the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. Why does Dixon write the letter to Johns in Chapter 16?
(a) Because someone asks him to.
(b) For a joke.
(c) Because he is bored.
(d) For revenge.
3. What does Dixon thank Christine for in Chapter 11?
(a) Dancing with him.
(b) Not starting a fight with Carol.
(c) Loaning him money.
(d) Helping him lie on the phone to Mrs. Welch.
4. While Johns reads the letter Dixon wrote, how do Dixon and his friends react?
(a) They leave the room.
(b) They try to ignore him.
(c) They crack jokes.
(d) They try not to laugh.
5. At the end of Chapter 12, how long does Dixon tell Christine to wait before going outside?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 25 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why does Dixon pretend to sing?
2. What does Dixon do after being kicked out of Margaret's room in Chapter 5?
3. How does Gore-Urquhart convince the bartender at the dance to give everyone full pints?
4. In Chapter 16, what is Margaret's reaction to Dixon's opinion about their relationship?
5. What does Bertrand criticize Dixon for missing at the art festival?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)