|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertrand criticize Dixon for missing at the art festival?
(a) The food.
(b) His notes.
(c) The introductions.
(d) The point of the event.
2. What is Dixon's first impression of Bertrand?
(a) He is conceited.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is well educated.
(d) He is bored with life.
3. In Chapter 16, what does Dixon tell Margaret about her behavior at the dance?
(a) He says she was too clingy.
(b) He says she kept leaving their table.
(c) He says she was busy with Gore-Urquhart.
(d) He says she wasn't willing to dance.
4. In Chapter 17, what is Johns's reaction to the letter he receives?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is upset.
(d) He is bored.
5. How does Professor Barclay help Dixon with his "Merrie England" lecture?
(a) He gives him art prints.
(b) He gives him sheet music.
(c) He gives him an extension on the due date.
(d) He gives him research reports.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the argument between Bertrand, Dixon, and Christine end in Chapter 4?
2. What makes Dixon feel guilty about kissing Margaret in Chapter 5?
3. Whom is Carol Goldsmith married to?
4. In Chapter 12, what is the first thing Carol asks Dixon?
5. Why does Dixon write the letter to Johns in Chapter 16?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)