1. In Chapter 1, how does Dixon describe Welch's feelings toward music?
(a) He says it is Welch's passion.
(b) He says it is Welch's career.
(c) He says it is Welch's bane.
(d) He says it is Welch's friend.
2. How long is Dixon's probationary teaching period at the university?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One semester.
(d) One year.
3. How does Dixon know Margaret?
(a) She is an ex-girlfriend.
(b) She is a student.
(c) She is also a lecturer.
(d) She is one of his bosses.
4. Why did Margaret try to commit suicide?
(a) A failed romance.
(b) No one knows.
(c) It was an accident.
(d) She lost her job.
5. How does Dixon feel about seeing Margaret for the first time since she left the hospital?
6. In Chapter 1, what article does Welch ask Dixon about?
(a) The one about labor statistics.
(b) The one about highway accidents.
(c) The one about bridge construction.
(d) The one about shipbuilding techniques.
This section contains 4,919 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)