• Dixon dislikes his job at the university, but wants to keep it for the respect it earns him.
• Dixon tries to get on the good side of Welch, in order to keep his job.
• Dixon's fellow lecturer, Margaret, is released from the hospital following a suicide attempt.
• Dixon's article will be published in a journal.
• Dixon dislikes Welch's son, Bertrand, and makes a poor first impression on him.
• Dixon argues with Bertrand about the way the wealthy help people.
• Dixon ends up kissing Margaret, but she kicks him out of her room for taking it too far.
• Dixon drinks too much and eventually falls asleep.
• Dixon burns holes in his room at Welch's.
• Dixon asks Margaret to the dance.
• Dixon helps Christine find Bertrand by pretending to be a reporter on the phone.
• While at the dance, Bertrand tries to...
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)