|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lucinda?
(a) The family's aunt.
(b) A name several of the patients keep repeating.
(c) The Aunt's nurse.
(d) The Aunt's roommate.
2. What does Mallory say having the Field Guide is causing?
(a) Their mother's bad memory.
(b) The food tasting so good.
(c) Fighting among the faeries.
(d) Weird events.
3. Who first introduces herself to the Aunt?
(c) Helen Grace.
4. What does the asylum look like?
(a) A church.
(b) A museum.
(c) A haunted house.
(d) A manor.
5. When did Lucinda's father leave the family?
(a) Just before Lucinda was out of school.
(b) After Lucinda got married.
(c) After Lucinda was out of school.
(d) When Lucinda was young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does their mother remind them when Jared and Mallory begin fighting?
2. What is Jared doing with his clothes in Chapter 1?
3. What does Jared hope will happen concerning the guide?
4. What does Mallory tell her aunt?
5. What book does Jared pull out of his backpack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the creatures from the Fantastical World do to Lucy because of the Field Guide?
2. What does Jared ask Simon and Mallory if they want to give up and what do they say to that question?
3. What does the asylum look like?
4. What kind of pranks is Thimbletack playing and who was blamed for the last prank by Jared's mother?
5. Why does Lucinda say nothing of the house matters and what surprises Jared about Lucy's mother?
6. What happened between Jared and Thimbletack prior to the pranks starting and what did Jared do to hope to appease the brownie?
7. What does Mallory ask Jared to do in the kitchen, what does she do when he ignores her and what happens when he finally does her request?
8. What does Helen do when the family enters Lucinda's room and what does Helen tell Lucinda?
9. What does Jared realize about the guide and the creatures asking for it?
10. What does Jared tell his aunt and what is his hope for the guide?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)