|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Helen say the family is staying?
(a) Spiderwick Estate.
(b) An uncle's apartment.
(c) A homeless shelter.
(d) A nearby Hotel.
2. Where is Mallory when her siblings make their aunt's present?
(a) Swimming practice.
(b) Fencing practice.
(c) Gymnastics practice.
(d) Piano practice.
3. What new pet does Simon have?
(a) A goldfish.
(b) A dog.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A kitten.
4. From whom might Lucinda have learned any knowledge about the hidden world?
(a) From reading the Field Guide.
(b) From knowing Thimbletack.
(c) From Arthur.
(d) From being a little girl in that house.
5. What is Helen making safe?
(a) The Aunt's tiny apartment.
(b) She does not mention making anything safe.
(c) The car by getting a brake job.
(d) Spiderwick Estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Lucinda introduce the Grace children?
2. What does Jared hope about his aunt?
3. Why is Simon staring at Mallory in the kitchen?
4. What does Mallory say does not make their house dangerous?
5. How does Jared feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucinda say nothing of the house matters and what surprises Jared about Lucy's mother?
2. What is Jared doing with his clothes and why is he doing it?
3. What did the creatures from the Fantastical World do to Lucy because of the Field Guide?
4. What kind of pranks is Thimbletack playing and who was blamed for the last prank by Jared's mother?
5. What does Mallory ask Jared to do in the kitchen, what does she do when he ignores her and what happens when he finally does her request?
6. What do the children see when they enter their aunt's room?
7. What does Helen do when the family enters Lucinda's room and what does Helen tell Lucinda?
8. What does Jared tell his aunt and what is his hope for the guide?
9. What do the Grace children do as soon as their mother leaves the room and what does Lucinda say about their house?
10. How does Lucinda feel about Thimbletack and what does she show the children in connection with him?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)