|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jared spit out the water he drank?
(a) It is hot and burned his throat.
(b) It was so cold it hurt his teeth.
(c) It had cayenne pepper in it.
(d) He choked on it when Simon made him laugh.
2. Where does Helen say the family is staying?
(a) An uncle's apartment.
(b) A nearby Hotel.
(c) Spiderwick Estate.
(d) A homeless shelter.
3. What does Jared want to do with the guide until they can find help?
(a) Give it to their mother.
(b) Put it in the stables with the griffin.
(c) Give to Thimbletack to hide.
(d) Keep it safe.
4. Why does Mallory call Jared downstairs in Chapter 1?
(a) To eat breakfast.
(b) To talk to him.
(c) To see her new backpack.
(d) To cut wood.
5. Why does the Aunt think her house is dangerous?
(a) Because it is haunted.
(b) Because of the Faeries.
(c) Because the structure is in terrible condition.
(d) Because it sits on a faultline.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Jared think might know about why the creatures want the field guide?
2. What does the family notice after checking in at the reception area?
3. When did Lucinda's father leave the family?
4. What are some of the people who are wandering the halls wearing?
5. What did the brownie love to play with when their aunt was younger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is taking the children to see Lucinda and what does Mallory say about the cookies they are taking?
2. What does Lucinda say happened with her when her father left?
3. Why does Lucinda say nothing of the house matters and what surprises Jared about Lucy's mother?
4. What does Jared suggest when his siblings ask him who can help?
5. What does Jared realize about the guide and the creatures asking for it?
6. What does Mallory tell Jared about the Field Guide and what do they do then?
7. What does Lucinda tell the children and what does she ask them about their lives?
8. What does Jared check his backpack for and how does he feel after he checks it?
9. What happened between Jared and Thimbletack prior to the pranks starting and what did Jared do to hope to appease the brownie?
10. What does Jared ask Simon and Mallory if they want to give up and what do they say to that question?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)