|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Jared pull out of his backpack?
(a) A book about butterflies.
(b) The Field Guide.
(c) A cookbook.
(d) A book about the Faerie World.
2. What does the family wonder about concerning their aunt?
(a) If she will like the food they are bringing her.
(b) If she has any regular visitors.
(c) If she will know who they are.
(d) If she enjoys visitors.
3. Who did Jared worry would take something from his backpack.
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister or Faeries.
(c) The Brownie.
(d) The Umquat.
4. What peculiarity does the nurse point out about the Aunt?
(a) The Aunt says the same name over and over at night.
(b) The Aunt always lets her hot tea get chilled before drinking it.
(c) The Aunt will not talk on the telephone.
(d) The Aunt never eats in front of others.
5. What do Simon and Mallory agree with Jared about the griffin?
(a) The griffin is almost healed of its wounds.
(b) The griffin can guard the Field Guide.
(c) The griffin is dangerous.
(d) They cannot give the griffin back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lucinda's father used to make when Lucinda was a child?
2. What does the family notice after checking in at the reception area?
3. To what is the Aunt connected?
4. Where is the Field Guide Jared is reading at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. Why does Jared check his backpack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mallory tell Jared about the Field Guide and what do they do then?
2. What do the children see when they enter their aunt's room?
3. Why does Lucinda say nothing of the house matters and what surprises Jared about Lucy's mother?
4. What does Jared realize about the guide and the creatures asking for it?
5. What does Lucinda tell the children and what does she ask them about their lives?
6. What happened between Jared and Thimbletack prior to the pranks starting and what did Jared do to hope to appease the brownie?
7. What does Lucinda snatch away from Simon and then what does she say about the house?
8. Who does Jared know could tell the children about the guide and why can't they ask him?
9. How does Simon feel about Mallory's idea on the guide but what does he agree is the result of the guide? Why does he agree with Mallory?
10. What does Helen do when the family enters Lucinda's room and what does Helen tell Lucinda?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)