|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jared check his backpack?
(a) For his knife and rope.
(b) For his field guide.
(c) For his binoculars.
(d) For his journal.
2. What does Jared offer the house brownie?
(a) His seeing stone.
(b) His friendship.
(c) A new jacket.
(d) A gold coin he found.
3. What does the asylum look like?
(a) A museum.
(b) A church.
(c) A manor.
(d) A haunted house.
4. Who is playing pranks on Jared?
(a) A sprite.
(b) A goblin.
(c) The house brownie.
(d) The griffin.
5. How does Jared feel?
6. What new pet does Simon have?
(a) A dog.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A goldfish.
7. What peculiarity does the nurse point out about the Aunt?
(a) The Aunt always lets her hot tea get chilled before drinking it.
(b) The Aunt never eats in front of others.
(c) The Aunt says the same name over and over at night.
(d) The Aunt will not talk on the telephone.
8. What worries Simon when he agrees with Mallory?
(a) That Jared might be angry at him.
(b) That Mallory might be wrong.
(c) That he is siding with a girl.
(d) That their mother will consider it a betrayal.
9. What does Jared hope will happen concerning the guide?
(a) His family will keep it.
(b) It will become invisible.
(c) It will help him find his grandfather.
(d) It will show him the treasure.
10. How does Jared reassure their aunt?
(a) That it is ok to say she has seen Faeries since they have also.
(b) That they will tell no one what she tells them.
(c) That their mother is doing well.
(d) That they will try to get her home.
11. What does the bag in their aunt's side table contain?
(c) A set of runes.
(d) Stone and clay marbles.
12. Who does Helen speak to in the hallway?
(a) Another patient.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) The nurse.
(d) The family doctor.
13. From whom might Lucinda have learned any knowledge about the hidden world?
(a) From Arthur.
(b) From being a little girl in that house.
(c) From reading the Field Guide.
(d) From knowing Thimbletack.
14. What does Mallory say does not make their house dangerous?
(b) The potential for a mudslide.
15. What does Mallory ask Jared to do in the kitchen?
(a) Pour the milk.
(b) Have a drink of water.
(c) Drink a glass of milk.
(d) Cut up the sausage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jared spit out the water he drank?
2. Where does Jared say the things Lucinda's father used to make might be?
3. Who did Jared worry would take something from his backpack.
4. How does Lucinda get a hunched back?
5. Where is Arthur?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)