|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mallory when her siblings make their aunt's present?
(a) Fencing practice.
(b) Swimming practice.
(c) Piano practice.
(d) Gymnastics practice.
2. Why is Simon staring at Mallory in the kitchen?
(a) What she is holding fascinates him.
(b) She has a small faerie in her hand.
(c) She has dyed her hair green.
(d) Her shoes have been changed to boots.
3. To whom does Lucinda introduce the Grace children?
(b) Her favorite nurse.
(d) A Faerie.
4. What prank is done to Jared's shoes?
(a) Being filled with mud.
(b) Painting them pink.
(c) Taking the left and right curve out of them.
(d) Tying them to a high tree limb.
5. Who does Helen speak to in the hallway?
(a) Another patient.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) The nurse.
(d) The family doctor.
6. What does Jared hope about his aunt?
(a) That she will believe them.
(b) That she is enthralled with the Fantastical World.
(c) That she can come home with them.
(d) That she can tell them about more of the creatures.
7. Where is Arthur?
(a) He lives upstairs.
(b) With the faeries.
(c) He is in Washington.
(d) Presumed dead.
8. To what is the Aunt connected?
(a) An IV.
(b) The bedpost.
(c) A cord with a button on it.
9. What does Mallory say does not make their house dangerous?
(d) The potential for a mudslide.
10. What does Simon almost bite into?
(a) Faerie fruit.
(b) Nut bread.
(c) A cookie.
(d) A cupcake.
11. What section of the Field Guide is Jared reading in Chapter 1?
(a) The section on protective devices.
(b) The section on griffins.
(c) The chapter on goblins.
(d) The section on house brownies.
12. What does Mallory tell her aunt?
(a) About fencing practice.
(b) About Thimbletack.
(c) About an evil Faerie king.
(d) About a wonderful Faerie queen.
13. With whom did Lucinda live at Spiderwick?
(b) Her son.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her husband.
14. What does Mallory say having the Field Guide is causing?
(a) Their mother's bad memory.
(b) Weird events.
(c) Fighting among the faeries.
(d) The food tasting so good.
15. Why does Jared check his backpack?
(a) For his field guide.
(b) For his binoculars.
(c) For his knife and rope.
(d) For his journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jared spit out the water he drank?
2. What do sprites bring Lucinda regularly?
3. What did the brownie love to play with when their aunt was younger?
4. What does Jared offer the house brownie?
5. What does the Aunt order the children to do?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)