|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mallory want to do with the Field Guide?
(a) Give it to their mother.
(b) Study it carefully.
(c) Give it to the goblins.
(d) Burn it.
2. What does Jared want to do with the guide until they can find help?
(a) Give it to their mother.
(b) Give to Thimbletack to hide.
(c) Put it in the stables with the griffin.
(d) Keep it safe.
3. About what do the Grace children ask their aunt when their mother leaves the room?
(a) The Brownies.
(b) The Faeries.
(c) The Centaurs.
4. What does Jared hope will happen concerning the guide?
(a) It will help him find his grandfather.
(b) It will become invisible.
(c) It will show him the treasure.
(d) His family will keep it.
5. What creatures does Jared tell his aunt they have seen from Fantastical World?
(a) Just Trolls.
(b) Just a griffin.
(c) Goblins, Trolls, and a griffin.
(d) Just Goblins.
6. How many people does Jared think might know about why the creatures want the field guide?
(a) Everyone who has lived in this house before the year 1995.
(b) Only their mother and their father.
(c) Only one.
7. Where does Jared say the things Lucinda's father used to make might be?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the outside workshop.
8. What does Jared say getting rid of the guide will not do?
(a) Make the sprites leave them alone.
(b) Save the griffin.
(c) Remove their memories of what is in the book.
(d) Get the brownie out of the house.
9. How does Jared feel?
10. How does Lucinda get a hunched back?
(a) Abuse at the hands of creatures from the Fantastical World.
(b) Bad bone structure.
(c) The Faerie fruit.
(d) From walking hunched over in the Faerie world.
11. What does Simon almost bite into?
(a) A cupcake.
(b) A cookie.
(c) Faerie fruit.
(d) Nut bread.
12. What is Mallory's aunt thrilled to hear?
(a) News about the upcoming Faerie ball.
(b) News about the Faerie queen.
(c) That Mallory is taking fencing.
(d) News about Thimbletack.
13. About what did Lucinda tell Melvina?
(a) The Fantastical World.
(b) Her secret affair.
(c) That she had an incurable disease.
14. Why does the Aunt think her house is dangerous?
(a) Because it sits on a faultline.
(b) Because the structure is in terrible condition.
(c) Because of the Faeries.
(d) Because it is haunted.
15. What does Jared think is the reason the creatures want the guide?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) It can be used in the goblin wars.
(c) If humans have it for long the faeries will be unable to read it.
(d) It has a map to their homeland in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Simon when he agrees with Mallory?
2. Who gets the blame for the last prank played on Jared?
3. Why does Mallory call Jared downstairs in Chapter 1?
4. Who is playing pranks on Jared?
5. What does Jared offer the house brownie?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)