1. Where is the Field Guide Jared is reading at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) On his desk.
(b) Sitting on the kitchen counter.
(c) On the breakfast table.
(d) Lying on his bed.
2. What is Jared doing with his clothes in Chapter 1?
(a) Shaking them out.
(b) Washing them.
(c) Turning them inside out.
(d) Picking them up from the floor.
3. What section of the Field Guide is Jared reading in Chapter 1?
(a) The section on griffins.
(b) The chapter on goblins.
(c) The section on protective devices.
(d) The section on house brownies.
4. Who is playing pranks on Jared?
(a) A sprite.
(b) A goblin.
(c) The griffin.
(d) The house brownie.
5. How does James hope to stop the pranks?
(a) By killing the goblin.
(b) With magic.
(c) By tying up the brownie.
(d) By riding the griffin.
6. What prank is done to Jared's shoes?
(a) Painting them pink.
(b) Taking the left and right curve out of them.
(c) Tying them to a high tree limb.
(d) Being filled with mud.
This section contains 4,860 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)