|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Marion Mahony earn her architectural degree?
2. How many languages did Mamah speak by the time she was in kindergarten?
3. What color hair does Elinor Millor have?
4. In Chapter 33, how many weeks does Edwin suggest that Mamah might be able to see the children in the summer?
5. How old is Else's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mamah know the performer at the cafe in Chapter 31?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 31, what is the female performer wearing?
3. Why doesn't the Japanese cook that Frank hired come to Taliesin?
4. How was Christmas for Mamah in 1911 with her children?
5. Why does Mamah leave Frank at the end of Chapter 44?
6. What does Mamah learn when she tracks down Huebsch?
7. What do the men tell Mamah about Julian?
8. What is John painting at the beginning of Chapter 52?
9. What happened to John in Boulder after Mamah left?
10. How does the sheriff react when Frank calls him about the reporters and other issues?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Frank and Mamah attempt to keep their relationship a secret. What lengths do they go to to keep the relationship a secret and how successful are their efforts?
Essay Topic 2
Lizzie has never married. Why hasn't Lizzie ever married?
Essay Topic 3
Frank is very critical of former students, especially Marion Mahoney and Walter Griffin? Why is Frank so critical of his former students?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)