|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 35, how many workers are working on Frank and Mamah's Wisconsin house?
2. What does Herwarth edit?
3. In Chapter 46, what type of animal does John announce is in the house?
4. What is the name of the house that Frank builds in Wisconsin?
5. How old is Billy Weston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mamah learn when she tracks down Huebsch?
2. How does Mamah know the performer at the cafe in Chapter 31?
3. Why doesn't the Japanese cook that Frank hired come to Taliesin?
4. Why does Mamah leave Frank at the end of Chapter 44?
5. How and where is Mamah buried?
6. In Chapter 32, why does Frank come to Germany?
7. Why are Aunt Jenny and Nell worried about the newspaper stories circulating about Frank and Mamah?
8. How did Putnam's receive Mamah last summer when she tried to get them to publish Key's essays?
9. What is John painting at the beginning of Chapter 52?
10. What do Frank and Mamah have to plant at Taliesin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 32, Mamah decides to return to America. Why does Mamah decide to go back?
Essay Topic 2
Mattie doesn't advise Mamah to continue her affair. What advice does Mattie first give Mamah, and does her advice about the situation change as the summer ends?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 31, Mamah becomes friends with a woman named Else who is a poet. Why do the two women become friends?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)