|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Frank and tells him his house is on fire?
2. What lessons does Mamah want Martha to start learning in the fall?
3. What type of footwear does Martha wear in Chapter 46?
4. Who was the poet Mamah read in Chapter 45 who seemed to describe Frank?
5. What city in Wisconsin is near Frank's new home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mamah take the children to the dry-good store after Edwin leaves them at Taliesin?
2. What is John painting at the beginning of Chapter 52?
3. Is Mamah afraid of living in Wisconsin?
4. In Chapter 32, why does Frank come to Germany?
5. How does Dorothea Barton treat Mamah when they meet?
6. What did Mamah want to remember about the opening night of Midway Gardens?
7. Why are Aunt Jenny and Nell worried about the newspaper stories circulating about Frank and Mamah?
8. How does the sheriff react when Frank calls him about the reporters and other issues?
9. Why does Mamah leave Frank at the end of Chapter 44?
10. How was Christmas for Mamah in 1911 with her children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 32, Mamah decides to return to America. Why does Mamah decide to go back?
Essay Topic 2
Frank and Mamah attempt to keep their relationship a secret. What lengths do they go to to keep the relationship a secret and how successful are their efforts?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 28, Mamah stays in Europe and Frank returns to America. Why do Mamah and Frank separate?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)