|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Mamah if she can publish "Hymn to Nature"?
2. What is Mamah's real name?
3. When is the Midway Gardens job supposed to open according to the owners?
4. In Chapter 33, how many weeks does Edwin suggest that Mamah might be able to see the children in the summer?
5. Where is the camp where Mamah reunites with her children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Frank, Edwin, and John get seats on the train without waiting in line?
2. In Chapter 32, why does Frank come to Germany?
3. Why does Mamah decide to keep the stray dog she and the children find at the Canadian camp?
4. What interests John when he looks around Taliesin in Chapter 46?
5. Why does Mamah take the children to the dry-good store after Edwin leaves them at Taliesin?
6. What does Mamah do when she goes to the cafe each morning?
7. How did Putnam's receive Mamah last summer when she tried to get them to publish Key's essays?
8. Why are Aunt Jenny and Nell worried about the newspaper stories circulating about Frank and Mamah?
9. How does the sheriff react when Frank calls him about the reporters and other issues?
10. What happened to John in Boulder after Mamah left?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna Wright depends heavily on Frank. Why does Frank's mother depend on him so much?
Essay Topic 2
Frank buries Mamah and mourns for her. How will Frank go on without her?
Essay Topic 3
Mamah never thought that Mattie should have married Alden. Why didn't Mamah think Mattie should have married Alden, and why does Mamah change her mind about the marriage?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)