|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 45, what does Elinor serve Mamah?
2. In Chapter 37, how long has Mamah been in Wisconsin?
3. Where did Marion Mahony earn her architectural degree?
4. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 46?
5. When Frank learns he has to take the local to Taliesin, what time does he think they will arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dorothea Barton treat Mamah when they meet?
2. How does Mamah decide to get her hair cut?
3. What does Mamah learn when she tracks down Huebsch?
4. Why is Mamah excited that Margaret Anderson is interested in publishing Hÿmn to Nature"?
5. Why does Mamah take the children to the dry-good store after Edwin leaves them at Taliesin?
6. Why does Mamah decide to keep the stray dog she and the children find at the Canadian camp?
7. What does the "Wisconsin State Journal" report about the tragedy?
8. How did Putnam's receive Mamah last summer when she tried to get them to publish Key's essays?
9. What is John painting at the beginning of Chapter 52?
10. Why doesn't the Japanese cook that Frank hired come to Taliesin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mattie doesn't advise Mamah to continue her affair. What advice does Mattie first give Mamah, and does her advice about the situation change as the summer ends?
Essay Topic 2
Frank is very critical of former students, especially Marion Mahoney and Walter Griffin? Why is Frank so critical of his former students?
Essay Topic 3
Mamah and Frank watch the opera Mefistofele. Why does the opera affect Mamah so greatly? What emotions does it stir up?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)