|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Mamah born?
2. What color is Catherine Wright's hair?
3. In the Prologue, in what year did the narrator and her husband get married?
4. What is Alden's career?
5. Where did Mamah and Mattie pass out flyers trying to help pass the Women's Suffrage Bill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it like in Boone, Iowa, where Mahma lived when she was little?
2. What is Ellen's home like?
3. Why does Mattie ask Mamah and the children to visit?
4. Where do Frank and Mamah stay in Berlin, and what is it like?
5. What advice does Mattie give Mamah regarding her relationship with Frank?
6. What does Frank draw on the tablecloth at a cafe in Italy?
7. What does Mattie remember happening just after her sister Jessie's death?
8. Who is Louise?
9. Why do Mamah and Frank leave the Adlon in Chapter 20?
10. How does Edwin take it when Mamah tells him about the affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mamah never thought that Mattie should have married Alden. Why didn't Mamah think Mattie should have married Alden, and why does Mamah change her mind about the marriage?
Essay Topic 2
Mamah had a lovely time at the Midway Gardens. In what sense was the opening night of Midway Gardens a success for both Frank and Mamah?
Essay Topic 3
Lizzie has never married. Why hasn't Lizzie ever married?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)