|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mamah and Frank reunite in in Chapter 25, how far do they have to walk to find an open cafe?
2. How old was Mattie when she and Alden married?
3. How old is Taylor Woolley?
4. How much older is Mamah than Taylor?
5. What does Mamah send John for Christmas in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Mamah go and what does she do when Frank returns to America?
2. In Chapter 3, what did Mamah do when she realized she and Frank had grown too close?
3. How does Edwin take it when Mamah tells him about the affair?
4. What is Ellen's home like?
5. What does Mattie remember happening just after her sister Jessie's death?
6. Who was St. Hedwig?
7. Who wanted to build a new house at the beginning of the novel and why?
8. Why doesn't Mamah go to Paris after receiving a telegram from Frank in Chapter 25?
9. What projects is Frank working on with Wasmuth?
10. What are the stories that Mamah tells John?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Frank and Mamah attempt to keep their relationship a secret. What lengths do they go to to keep the relationship a secret and how successful are their efforts?
Essay Topic 2
Mamah used the word "dogged" to describe how Edwin often got his way. How did Edwin use persistence to court Mamah and to get a new home?
Essay Topic 3
Anna Wright depends heavily on Frank. Why does Frank's mother depend on him so much?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)