|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Berlin, what did Mamah imagine planting?
(a) Tiger lilies.
(b) Crab apple trees.
(c) Japanese peonies.
2. In Chapter 37, how long has Mamah been in Wisconsin?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 1 1/2 years.
(c) 1 years.
(d) 10 months.
3. What color does Frank ask Mamah not to use in the gardens around Taliesin?
4. How long did Mamah and Frank spend in Japan?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 12 weeks.
(d) 8 months.
5. What instrument is being played when Mamah decides to take a photo of the workingmen in Chapter 37?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 51, what day of the week does Frank go back to Chicago?
2. How close is the nearest neighbor to Taliesin?
3. What do Frank and Edwin ask that coffins be made from?
4. In Chapter 45, how long has Mamah feared returning to her old home in Oak Park?
5. What is John doing at the beginning of Chapter 52?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the sheriff react when Frank calls him about the reporters and other issues?
2. How does Mamah know the performer at the cafe in Chapter 31?
3. In Chapter 32, why does Frank come to Germany?
4. Why does Mamah take the children to the dry-good store after Edwin leaves them at Taliesin?
5. What did Mamah want to remember about the opening night of Midway Gardens?
6. What does the "Wisconsin State Journal" report about the tragedy?
7. Why are Aunt Jenny and Nell worried about the newspaper stories circulating about Frank and Mamah?
8. What do Frank and Mamah have to plant at Taliesin?
9. What meals are served to the men working on Frank and Mamah's house daily?
10. How and where is Mamah buried?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)