|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mamah call women in the introduction to her book?
2. Who calls Frank and tells him his house is on fire?
(a) Emil Brodelle.
(b) Frank Roth.
(c) Tom Brunker.
3. When did Harriet Monroe write a nasty review about Frank in the "Tribune"?
(a) 6 years ago.
(b) 5 years ago.
(c) 3 years ago.
(d) 4 years ago.
4. In Berlin, what did Mamah imagine planting?
(a) Crab apple trees.
(c) Tiger lilies.
(d) Japanese peonies.
5. What does Herwarth Walden suggest Mamah order to eat?
(a) Bread and soup.
(b) Pheasant and cranberries.
(c) Omelet and potatoes.
(d) Roast beef and potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What paper does the reporter work for who talks to Frank, Ed, and John on the train?
2. What do the children name the dog they find and Mamah find at camp?
3. What color hair does Elinor Millor have?
4. Which of Franks' children speaks to Mamah at the opening of Midway Gardens?
5. In Chapter 45, how old is Louise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mamah learn when she tracks down Huebsch?
2. Why does Mamah leave Frank at the end of Chapter 44?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 31, what is the female performer wearing?
4. Why doesn't the Japanese cook that Frank hired come to Taliesin?
5. Why does Mamah take the children to the dry-good store after Edwin leaves them at Taliesin?
6. In Chapter 32, why does Frank come to Germany?
7. What did Mamah want to remember about the opening night of Midway Gardens?
8. Is Mamah afraid of living in Wisconsin?
9. How does Mamah know the performer at the cafe in Chapter 31?
10. What does Mamah do when she goes to the cafe each morning?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)