|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what gallery do Mamah, Frank, and Taylor spend whole days?
(a) d'Arte Moderna.
2. Who does Frank like to read in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 21, how old is Frank's oldest son?
4. When did Mattie die?
(a) November 1.
(b) October 23.
(c) October 14.
(d) September 30.
5. In Chapter 5, who is Frank's assistant?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street do Mattie and Alden live?
2. What part of the city is the suburb located where Mamah and Frank stay after leaving the Adlun?
3. What are Taylor Wooley's religious beliefs?
4. How old was Mattie when she and Alden married?
5. In the Prologue, in what year did the narrator and her husband get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Mattie give Mamah regarding her relationship with Frank?
2. What does Mamah do to help out at the library?
3. What opportunity does Ellen offer Mamah at the end of Chapter 24?
4. What is Ellen's home like?
5. How does Edwin take it when Mamah tells him about the affair?
6. Why does Mamah want to stay in Italy?
7. Who is Louise?
8. In Chapter 3, what did Mamah do when she realized she and Frank had grown too close?
9. Why doesn't Mamah go to Paris after receiving a telegram from Frank in Chapter 25?
10. Who was St. Hedwig?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)