|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of flowers grow in the garden where Mamah often does her own work in Italy?
(a) White poppies.
(b) Yellow roses.
2. What does Mamah give Taylor as going away gifts?
(a) Italian and German dictionaries.
(c) His photograph.
3. How tall is Frank?
(a) 5 ft. 7 in.
(b) 6 ft. 1 in.
(c) 5 ft. 11 in.
(d) 6 ft.
4. If a husband and wife separate, how long after they separate can they get a divorce?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 12 months.
5. What did Mattie die from?
(d) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Taylor Woolley?
2. How much does Wasmuth want for 4,000 copies of the book of photographs?
3. After Mamah and Frank reunite in in Chapter 25, how far do they have to walk to find an open cafe?
4. What does Ellen ask Mamah to translate as a trial?
5. In 1910, when does the flooding end in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what did Mamah do when she realized she and Frank had grown too close?
2. What is Catherine Wright doing during the year she requested from Frank?
3. What projects is Frank working on with Wasmuth?
4. What are the stories that Mamah tells John?
5. How does Mamah describe Marion Mahony during her third visit to Frank's studio?
6. What does Frank draw on the tablecloth at a cafe in Italy?
7. What does Mattie remember happening just after her sister Jessie's death?
8. Who is Louise?
9. Why do Mamah and Frank leave the Adlon in Chapter 20?
10. How does Edwin take it when Mamah tells him about the affair?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)