|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who is Frank's assistant?
2. On what floor of the Fine Arts Building did Frank have an office?
3. In Chapter 19, how long has it been since Mamah learned of Mattie's death?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 1 month.
4. In Chapter 15, what time does Frank want to eat breakfast?
(a) 6:30 a .m.
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 9 a.m.
(d) 8:30 a.m.
5. How long has it been since Ellen Key has had a real home?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine Wright call Mamah in a newspaper article?
2. What is the date of the Goethe poem that Mamah purchases in Berlin?
3. How old was Mattie when she and Alden married?
4. How many rooms does the Adlon have?
5. Where was Mamah born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mamah describe Marion Mahony during her third visit to Frank's studio?
2. What terrible news does Lizzie write to Mamah in Chapter 18?
3. Where does Mamah move in Chapter 12?
4. What job does Mattie suggest Mamah apply for?
5. Why does Frank come to Mamah's house in Chapter 7?
6. In Chapter 3, what did Mamah do when she realized she and Frank had grown too close?
7. Who was St. Hedwig?
8. When Frank and Mamah check into the Adlon, who catches Mamah's eye?
9. Who wanted to build a new house at the beginning of the novel and why?
10. What advice does Mattie give Mamah regarding her relationship with Frank?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)