|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John doing at the beginning of Chapter 52?
(b) Eating and painting.
2. In Chapter 46, what type of animal does John announce is in the house?
3. Where does Else's sister live?
(b) New York.
4. In Chapter 37, how long has Mamah been in Wisconsin?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 1 years.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 1 1/2 years.
5. What color hair does Elinor Millor have?
6. What paper does Edwin buy as the train stops in Madison?
(a) Milwaukee Journal.
(b) Wisconsin State Journal.
(c) Chicago Sun-Times.
(d) Chicago Tribune.
7. When Frank learns he has to take the local to Taliesin, what time does he think they will arrive?
(a) 4 p.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 10 p.m.
(d) 9 p.m.
8. How close is the nearest neighbor to Taliesin?
(a) 1/4 mile.
(b) 1/2 mile.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 1 mile.
9. In Berlin, what did Mamah imagine planting?
(b) Tiger lilies.
(c) Japanese peonies.
(d) Crab apple trees.
10. In Chapter 35, how many workers are working on Frank and Mamah's Wisconsin house?
11. Who does Mamah tell Else are the moderns in Chicago?
12. According to Gertrude, how many nights had Julian slept with an ax on his pillow?
13. What does Herwarth edit?
(a) Der National Demokrat.
(d) Der Sturm.
14. When did Harriet Monroe write a nasty review about Frank in the "Tribune"?
(a) 4 years ago.
(b) 5 years ago.
(c) 6 years ago.
(d) 3 years ago.
15. How many languages did Mamah speak by the time she was in kindergarten?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children name the dog they find and Mamah find at camp?
2. What is Mamah's real name?
3. What type of sandwiches does Gertrude serve for lunch in Chapter 50?
4. What is the name of the house that Frank builds in Wisconsin?
5. Where are Mattie's children being raised?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)