|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 51, what can Mamah smell in the garden after Frank leaves?
2. In Chapter 45, how old is Louise?
3. In Chapter 41, what does Frank talk about planting?
(a) Maple and oak trees.
(c) Apple and plum trees.
4. What does Herwarth Walden suggest Mamah order to eat?
(a) Pheasant and cranberries.
(b) Roast beef and potatoes.
(c) Omelet and potatoes.
(d) Bread and soup.
5. Who commissioned Wright to build Midway Gardens?
(a) Martin Davidson.
(b) David Andrews.
(c) Ed Waller.
(d) Peter Worthington.
6. Where do Tom Brunker's children live?
(a) Spring Green.
(c) Green Bay.
7. What paper does Edwin buy as the train stops in Madison?
(a) Chicago Tribune.
(b) Milwaukee Journal.
(c) Chicago Sun-Times.
(d) Wisconsin State Journal.
8. In Chapter 38, when does Edwin tell Mamah that he will remarry?
9. Where are Mattie's children being raised?
10. From where did Frank buy furniture without consulting Mamah?
(a) Marshall Fields.
11. What does Frank give Mamah for their first Christmas in Wisconsin?
(d) Tortoise shell combs.
12. What lessons does Mamah want Martha to start learning in the fall?
13. In Chapter 45, what does Elinor serve Mamah?
(a) Iced coffee.
(b) Ice tea.
14. How many days does it take to plant the trees Frank ordered?
15. How old is Billy Weston?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Berlin, what did Mamah imagine planting?
2. When did Harriet Monroe write a nasty review about Frank in the "Tribune"?
3. What color does Frank ask Mamah not to use in the gardens around Taliesin?
4. What city in Wisconsin is near Frank's new home?
5. What publication published an article about Frank and Mamah in Chapter 37?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)