|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Mattie's children being raised?
2. Where did Ellis and his family move?
(d) South Dakota.
3. In Chapter 46, what type of animal does John announce is in the house?
4. How old is Else's son?
5. What lessons does Mamah want Martha to start learning in the fall?
6. What does Frank give Mamah for their first Christmas in Wisconsin?
(b) Tortoise shell combs.
7. What does Mamah buy when she reaches Chicago in Chapter 45?
(c) Cinnamon sticks.
8. What type of footwear does Martha wear in Chapter 46?
(a) Black patent-leather shoes.
(b) Front lace-up boots.
(d) Black patent-leather boots.
9. How many languages did Mamah speak by the time she was in kindergarten?
10. What does Mamah call women in the introduction to her book?
11. What publication published an article about Frank and Mamah in Chapter 37?
(a) Chicago Examiner.
(b) Chicago Tribune.
(c) Chicago Sun-Times.
(d) Daily Herald.
12. What type of sandwiches does Gertrude serve for lunch in Chapter 50?
(c) Egg salad.
13. Where does Mamah go to avoid celebrating Christmas?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A Chinese restaurant.
(c) Cafe des Westens.
(d) City park.
14. When Frank learns he has to take the local to Taliesin, what time does he think they will arrive?
(a) 10 p.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 9 p.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
15. Where is the camp where Mamah reunites with her children?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What paper does Edwin buy as the train stops in Madison?
2. What does John show Mamah when she first sees him?
3. Who commissioned Wright to build Midway Gardens?
4. How many reporters come for the Christmas day press conference?
5. When did Harriet Monroe write a nasty review about Frank in the "Tribune"?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)