|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, how long has it been since Mamah learned of Mattie's death?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 3 days.
2. How many beggars did St. Hedwig travel with?
3. How many people work for Wasmuth?
4. How old was the narrrator's father when he died?
5. How many bags do Frank and Mamah have when they arrive in Berlin?
6. Where does Frank tell the attendant at the reception desk at the Hotel Adlun that he and Mamah are going?
(d) United States.
7. What is the date of the Goethe poem that Mamah purchases in Berlin?
8. When was the prologue written?
9. How long has it been since Ellen Key has had a real home?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 15 years.
10. After leaving the Adlun, who sends Frank a newspaper article?
(c) His mother.
11. What type of car is Mamah attempting to start in Chapter 1?
(d) Union Runabout.
12. In Chapter 28, what does Frank buy Mamah?
(b) Evening gown.
(c) Dress for the opera.
(d) Original book by Goethe.
13. What does Catherine Wright call Mamah in a newspaper article?
14. How old was Mattie when she and Alden married?
15. What do the hills of Italy remind Frank of?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Mattie when her mother died?
2. What color is the guest room where Mamah sleeps at Alden and Mattie's?
3. When did Mattie die?
4. What did Mamah teach in Port Huron?
5. What color are Mamah's eyes?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)