|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many beggars did St. Hedwig travel with?
2. How long has it been since Ellen Key has had a real home?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 15 years.
3. Where are the children and the others when Frank comes over to visit Mamah in Chapter 5?
(a) Forest Park.
(c) Lake Michigan.
(d) West Side Park.
4. What does Frank bring back to eat in Chapter 21?
(a) Soup and wine.
(b) Potatoes, cheese, and milk.
(d) Bread and cheese.
5. How old was Mattie when her mother died?
6. In Chapter 28, what does Frank buy Mamah?
(a) Original book by Goethe.
(c) Evening gown.
(d) Dress for the opera.
7. How much time does Catherine want to try to repair her marriage with Frank?
(a) A year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 18 months.
8. What does Frank buy Mamah at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Yellow shawl.
(b) Blue dress.
(c) White hat.
(d) Red scarf.
9. How many rooms does the Adlon have?
10. What is Alden's career?
(a) School teacher.
(b) Mining engineer.
11. In Chapter 19, how long has it been since Mamah learned of Mattie's death?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 days.
12. How old is Ellen Key going to be at the time when she meets Mamah?
13. What part of the city is the suburb located where Mamah and Frank stay after leaving the Adlun?
14. As Mamah travels to Paris in Chapter 25, what does she see in the fields?
(a) Damaged homes.
(b) Damaged barns.
(c) Dead deer.
(d) Carcasses of cows.
15. In Chapter 21, how old is Frank's oldest son?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1910, when does the flooding end in Paris?
2. On what street do Mattie and Alden live?
3. How much older is Mamah than Taylor?
4. What did Mamah teach in Port Huron?
5. To where does Mamah move during Ellen Key's lecture?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)