Part I, Prelude, Chapters 1-4
1. What type of home did the narrator and her husband live in when the story begins?
(c) Queen Anne.
2. In the Prologue, in what year did the narrator and her husband get married?
3. How old was the narrrator's father when he died?
4. Where did the Huertley's build a new house?
(a) Forest Avenue.
(b) Wyatt St.
(c) Long St.
(d) Bryant Avenue.
5. Where did Edwin and the narrator attend school together?
(b) Port Huron.
(c) Benton Harbor.
(d) Ann Arbor.
6. When was the prologue written?
7. What type of car is Mamah attempting to start in Chapter 1?
(d) Union Runabout.
8. What color is Catherine Wright's hair?
9. In Chapter 2, where is Edwin going on a day trip?
(a) St. Paul.
10. Where was Mamah born?
11. How many months did Mamah spend collaborating with Frank Lloyd Write on the house she and Edward had built?
This section contains 2,771 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)